: Need help with Lockpick/Bluetooth operation

emseedee
05-29-11, 05:15 PM
I just installed a bluetooth module and lockpick. Now I am having issues accessing the handsfree menu using the factory mute button... more details...

I installed the bluetooth module. I asked for help (and got it...thx) on how to pair phone to ESV. I went through the handsfree menu lady. It worked. I then installed the lockpick. I have been playing with both trying to get me hands arround all the options.

Now I want to pair another phone using the hands free lady. I push mute 1x to mute and try to hold it down again to get handsfree help but, I do not get any beep for menu.

The lock pick definitely turns on with 4 presses. No issues.
TIA, emseedee

emseedee
05-30-11, 05:25 PM
Ok...you have all kinds on these forums...including myself. I found my error. In between installing the VCIM and testing somewhere, I removed the nav disc. This of course disables the handsfree voice lady.

So, all in all, the install went smoothly. I think all in all it took me six hours but it could have easily taken 2 including routing cables, pairing phones, playing a little and everything. I recommend reviewing the 21 page thread on the subject before install. I reviewed it all before purchase and it took me a while to get parts and get to install. I should have reviewed it again for all the nuances.

I too placed the lockpick to the right of the nav unit. I routed ipod cable to the lower arm rest area. I found mine is loose enough to still close without pinching cable too much if I want to pull it out, or I can just charge it inside the holder. I also routed USB and video cable down into passenger side footwell and tucked the cables behind the plastic trim.

I have taken a test drive and so far so good....any queestions, le tme know.
Thanks,
Emseedee

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-31-11, 11:39 AM
I just installed a bluetooth module and lockpick. Now I am having issues accessing the handsfree menu using the factory mute button... more details...

I installed the bluetooth module. I asked for help (and got it...thx) on how to pair phone to ESV. I went through the handsfree menu lady. It worked. I then installed the lockpick. I have been playing with both trying to get me hands arround all the options.

Now I want to pair another phone using the hands free lady. I push mute 1x to mute and try to hold it down again to get handsfree help but, I do not get any beep for menu.

The lock pick definitely turns on with 4 presses. No issues.
TIA, emseedee

emseedee,

I am glad to hear that you fixed your issue. If you have any questions, feel free to message me!
Thank you!

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service