: We are now working with another vendor on a new service

DrumStix
05-29-11, 01:51 PM
ProImaging and KD Innovations are teaming up to begin hydro dipping New Era intakes and strut tower braces to matched sets in many different combinations. ProImaging is already doing underhood plastics so this is a step forward in allowing the customer to pick from nearly endless styles of finishes for additional components.

Prices will depend a little on setup, complexity and number of items being dipped but we are targeting $130 to $140 for a raw New Era intake, as an example.

Samples and additional pricing will continue to come out. We just wanted to get this idea in your hands as soon as we could.

DrumStix

NC_Cadzilla
05-29-11, 04:06 PM
sounds awesome dudes

shade
05-29-11, 05:07 PM
How about a custom piece to cover where the new era goes :)

PhxTriode
05-29-11, 05:18 PM
How about a custom piece to cover where the new era goes :)

Working on it, sitting with the fabricator as I type.

Razorecko
05-29-11, 06:32 PM
Now if you want to really raise an eyebrow offer velocity coatings on the inside of the intake & ceramic coating on the outside =)

DrumStix
05-29-11, 06:40 PM
How about a black carbon fiber look to get started, to include the filter cover? http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l179/snoopaloopa30/14062010716.jpg

It's Memorial Day. The American Flag sounds cool too.

The "K" in KDI

haterinc
05-29-11, 07:09 PM
Like a cut off to block under hood temps? Roto fab is popular on the C5s around here but never heard of them till recently

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=74195&stc=1&d=1258645205

PhxTriode
05-29-11, 07:34 PM
In my other life one of my sister companies has a water based thermal barrier I was wanting to use on the soon to come heat shield and the inside of the CAI.

I am testing on the inside of my garage door with southern exposure. Looks very promising.

Razorecko
05-29-11, 08:47 PM
We lose a butt load of power from iat's. Especially if we are running headers. I'll see 40-50+ temp above ambient after a hot run cruising in stop and go traffic. That is way way too much. The ideal balance is being able to flow a buttload of air and meanwhile maintain cooler iat's W/OUT creating an enclosure that hurts that airflow.

A nice aftermarket cooling hood would help a ton but thats another very slow peice to come to fruitation from ANY vendor

shade
05-29-11, 10:54 PM
We lose a butt load of power from iat's. Especially if we are running headers. I'll see 40-50+ temp above ambient after a hot run cruising in stop and go traffic. That is way way too much. The ideal balance is being able to flow a buttload of air and meanwhile maintain cooler iat's W/OUT creating an enclosure that hurts that airflow.

A nice aftermarket cooling hood would help a ton but thats another very slow peice to come to fruitation from ANY vendor

I dont see a whole lot of demand for a new hood but thats me...?

ProImaging
05-31-11, 09:05 AM
cant wait to get started on this and see what we can come up with. ive got a friend who is a vendor on some other sites who has access to coatings. he had my piston tops and skirts coated on a viper engine im having built. also has made some custom hoods. i dont know if he would be interested but i can run it by him on producing a fiberglass hood. the one i got for my other vehicle is as top notch as you can find.

Razorecko
05-31-11, 09:18 AM
cant wait to get started on this and see what we can come up with. ive got a friend who is a vendor on some other sites who has access to coatings. he had my piston tops and skirts coated on a viper engine im having built. also has made some custom hoods. i dont know if he would be interested but i can run it by him on producing a fiberglass hood. the one i got for my other vehicle is as top notch as you can find.

YES YES YES. I will be first in line for a custom cooling fiberglass hood. These V's like to run hot

Bushidopupil
05-31-11, 09:20 AM
I for one would be interested in a fiberglass hood, vented of course.

Domsz06
05-31-11, 09:28 AM
I for one would be interested in a fiberglass hood, vented of course.

me too me too.

ProImaging
05-31-11, 10:27 AM
ill start a new thread to guage the interest. in the meantime ill call and see if the guy is interested. just keep in mind these things take time. we went through 3 people to find the right company to do the ones that are being built now and they are top notch. does anyone have any pics of custom hoods on caddys or ideas they would like to see on a hood?

musclesbmf
05-31-11, 11:07 AM
I would buy a hood if it resembled something like the V coupe R hood.

Mark

CTSV4now
05-31-11, 11:51 AM
Like a cut off to block under hood temps? Roto fab is popular on the C5s around here but never heard of them till recently

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=74195&stc=1&d=1258645205

By C5, do you mean 5th gen Camaro? (Odd, I think Corvette when I hear C5)

The New Era intake goes deeper into the front section than the Roto. Would a cover hurt air flow at all?

RippyPartsDept
05-31-11, 12:16 PM
I wonder how one of these decals would look on the strut tower brace after it had been dipped by ProImaging (with a simpler, non-busy, design of course)
http://www.cadillacforums.com/images/cadillac-decal.jpg

ProImaging
05-31-11, 12:34 PM
I wonder how one of these decals would look on the strut tower brace after it had been dipped by ProImaging (with a simpler, non-busy, design of course)
http://www.cadillacforums.com/images/cadillac-decal.jpg

would be simple to do. id rather get a reverse decal done and paint it on there and clear over it instead of a decal

RippyPartsDept
05-31-11, 12:57 PM
great idea...

haterinc
06-09-11, 01:50 AM
By C5, do you mean 5th gen Camaro? (Odd, I think Corvette when I hear C5)

The New Era intake goes deeper into the front section than the Roto. Would a cover hurt air flow at all?

Sorry didn't see this but yea I think of c5 vetted too but picked up that from their forums I think. They even have one pre fabbed for ALL of the after market super chargers?!

http://shop.roto-fab.com/category.sc?categoryId=8

Oddly enough I don't see the plexiglas cover, so maybe that was a custom enclosure but there are some great ideas in here for some vendors!

DrumStix
06-09-11, 02:43 AM
I hope to have some pictures in a few days of some additional underhood goodies not previously posted, installed. My grandmother just passed so I will be out of town for a bit. Things will have to wait a few days.

Drum

cbloveday
06-09-11, 07:27 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss Keith. Best wishes to your family.

ProImaging
06-09-11, 08:04 AM
Sorry to hear about that Keith. should have things finished up the weekend.

PhxTriode
06-09-11, 03:43 PM
I know Keith appreciates all your wishes for his family. Goes to show what a great community we have here.

King335i
06-09-11, 04:24 PM
I'd love to see a vented hood, if it looks good I'll buy. Has to be aggressive, but understated.

RippyPartsDept
06-09-11, 05:07 PM
i love the hood on the CTS-VR car
http://www.modifiedcars.com/pix/cars_large/35322_215688.jpg

cbloveday
06-09-11, 08:46 PM
yes, but there are not drainage channels for foul weather. If they incorporate that, I'd be extremely interested in their hood

Bushidopupil
06-09-11, 08:56 PM
Drum, Sorry to hear about that man. Best wishes to you and the family. Praying for a brutha....

What ^ said, with drainage that hood would be the best out there IMO....

Caddy Wagon
06-09-11, 08:57 PM
yes, but there are not drainage channels for foul weather. If they incorporate that, I'd be extremely interested in their hood

x2. BUT...it would take a "pan" design under the opening to channel the water, and that would defeat a lot of the air extraction purpose of the hood.