: Amp install help

Mha
05-28-11, 08:53 PM
I took my ext to a local audio shop to get an amp put in. I whent with the high 2 low adaptor by audiocontrol. Anyways I took it home after the install thinking everything worked good. It sounded kind of low for a 1000 watt amp and sub but I thought it was just the gains. I looked at it at home and realized that not just bass was coming out the subs but music too. I called the shop and they say it normal to have some music to come through? Is this true? The subs dont go up as good as they did before. I turned the low pass down and no more music but the subs move back and forth even when theres no bass as if there tring to pick up the music. just want to ask where there speaker signal is coming from for the people with subs? And if your having any problems like mine. If so what should I do?

mattys_ext
05-28-11, 09:07 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but unless the head unit has a dedicated sub output it will always have a bit of higher frequencies coming through. Since it is a Bose system I could only assume that it does have a sub output in which case I would imagine it to only have the low frequencies.

darkknight1999
05-28-11, 10:00 PM
Sub should only have low frequencies. If you can hear music then it's installed incorrectly.

If you list out the gear with part numbers that you had installed I can tell you if its the correct gear and how it should be connected. I'm new to the Escalade but car audio is car audio... it doesn't make that much of a defference what car its in.

As a point of reference... I have an S2000 that was on the show circuit for a while... this was one of the setups I built for it:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/darkknight1999/DSC00651.jpg

Mha
05-28-11, 10:29 PM
I dont have a part number but its the audiocontrol lc6i high low adaptor. Its supost to conect speaker wire and turn it unto rca s . They thinks it might have somthing to do with where they get the signal from? If you have any info I would be thankfull. Everything else work it powers on and turns off but like I said before the subs are picking up music. I had the subs and amp in my yukon before (just 2 days ago) and they worked just fine.

Fadi
05-29-11, 11:25 AM
We recently did an install in my 2007 Escalade. Where did they tag the LC6?

I installed an LC6 with a JL AUDIO 5 channel amp (HD9005) running a focal components front and back with a JL 10w7 subwoofer behind the 3rd row.

Tagged the LC6 at the factory bose am under the console. The bose amp has front rear and sub outs. Also added a gain knob for the sub. Sounds great and the sub can be overwhelming so it's always gained down.

Where youre getting the signal can make a difference. Also the LC6 should not be summed. they might have done some unnecessary summing.

Are you able to fade and balance properly? Fade all the way to the back, does your sub die? If so it's probably tagged in with your fronts.

If anyone tells you that it's normal to hear higher frequencies from the subwoofer.... please visit another shop. That is entirely wrong. If you are anywhere near Austin, San Antonio, St. Louis or el paso, let me know and I can refer you to one of our stores that can help with this.

Mha
05-29-11, 04:17 PM
Thanks im goin to take it back in and ill tell them to hook it up to the sub out on the bose amp. They didnt even remove the center console they just cut into one of the wires on the side of the floor panels even though he told me it was a direct connection. they halfazzed the job and they still charged me 160

MrHolland
05-29-11, 05:57 PM
Id chalk it up as a lessoned learned and NEVER take my car back there!!!!!!

bstiffmanofsteel
05-29-11, 08:55 PM
Id chalk it up as a lessoned learned and NEVER take my car back there!!!!!!

Absolutely!

Mha
06-01-11, 02:46 PM
I took it back today and told them to hook it up to the to the amp output. Everything works great Other than the lc6i unit turning on my amp everytime the door gets slamed. Any way to fix this?

Fadi
06-01-11, 11:15 PM
What kind of amp do you have? Shouldn't turn your amp on unless you have a signal sensing amp and the LC6's remote lead is connected to the wrong wire. Catch it at the ignition.

Mha
06-02-11, 01:10 AM
It has no ignition conection. I see that the lc6i has a remote in and out. The out goes to the my hifonics hfi2000 amp and no conection into the input. i was wondering how it even turnes on myself. It seams as if any vibration sets it on. Kind of kool but im running a 1000watt kicker l7 on a stock acdelco battery and alt. And the last thing I need is to be having my amp turn on everytime I open and close my doors, dont want it to by dying on me

anhandrew
05-31-12, 08:33 PM
I am looking to install a lc6i also does anyone know exactly which wires to tap into?

quattrotman
06-01-12, 12:29 AM
Man, this 'shop' you went to sure does not sound like they know what they are doing. Hope you get it all sorted out. That needs to be wired to ignition somehow or you will likely run into issues where your battery will die. I tapped mine into the main harness up front above the pedals. There are a few leads you can use.

----------

I am looking to install a lc6i also does anyone know exactly which wires to tap into?

This is a really good write up on which sires to use:

http://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-diy-useful-threads-61/adding-bass-2007-tahoe-w-bose-nav-21917/

anhandrew
06-01-12, 05:29 PM
This is good info but i need the front and rear too. The LC6i has 6 channels. Front/Rear/Sub. Anyone has information on the front and rear?

quattrotman
06-02-12, 01:57 AM
This is good info but i need the front and rear too. The LC6i has 6 channels. Front/Rear/Sub. Anyone has information on the front and rear?

For the front/rear you can tie into any speaker.

anhandrew
06-12-12, 06:55 PM
I am trying to keep the lc6i under the console so the source need to come from the amp direct. Any Idea?

anhandrew
06-13-12, 04:59 PM
Okay, after much research and nothing came up i figure i tackle this and see if i can figure out the wires. I found a post on the wires to the speakers when i changed out my door speakers and used that to hunt for the color of wires under the cup holders. Found all of them and then tap into them and used one of the old bose speakers to test the connection. Low and behold i got all the door speakers and sub woofer tapped and the wires now is ready to be tucked into the bottom console. I figure putting it in there will be easy to adjust. Only thing i have yet to get to test is once going thru the lc6i does the bose amp stay turned on. I disconnect one of the tweeters and the d pillar speaker is now off.