: Issue with the backup camera

mattys_ext
05-28-11, 06:40 PM
On my 2010 EXT I've been having intermittent issues with the backup camera.

When you put it into reverse the screen goes black but never displays the rear camera. I can still hear and use the sensors. If I cycle from Park - Reverse again it still doesn't work.

It only starts working later on after I turn the car off and walk away from it for alittle bit.

I took it into Cadillac and they replaced the camera but it is still having the same issues. Anyone have any tips or advice?

Merc
05-28-11, 08:32 PM
I experience the same issue every now and then. I haven't taken it to the dealer yet, but will.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-31-11, 12:18 PM
Mattys_ext,
I would like to take a look into this further for you. Could you please message me your VIN along with your full contact information?

Thank you.

Merc,

Did you get a chance to take your vehicle into the dealership?

Thank you!

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service

PeteKT
05-31-11, 02:26 PM
had the same problem with mine, took it to the dealer and they replaced it saying it was faulty.

fivepix
05-31-11, 05:51 PM
had the same problem with mine, took it to the dealer and they replaced it saying it was faulty.

Same here I had a faulty camera.

mattys_ext
05-31-11, 08:10 PM
I am sorry Elizabeth but I can't PM you. I get an error saying that my account is too new and the personal messaging option is not available yet.

any other way for me to contact you?

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-01-11, 02:49 PM
I am sorry Elizabeth but I can't PM you. I get an error saying that my account is too new and the personal messaging option is not available yet.

any other way for me to contact you?

mattys_ext,

Yes, you can e-mail me at socialmedia@gm.com. When you send me your information, make sure you put ATTN Elizabeth or Liz.

Thank you!

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service

mattys_ext
06-02-11, 01:06 AM
done and done.