: Roof noises back!!

tbss08
05-27-11, 05:48 PM
Got the V back on Friday last week. The roof was quiet for a few days and then raised it's ugly head again. I had the car down in Bowling Green this week to see some friends from the Corvette Forum. With the warm temps the roof started to pop on bumps and any body flex. It started with a little pop and progressed into a sound of bubble wrap.
I can't seem to catch a break with the roof. I'm not looking forward to more shop time at all.
I've put about 500 miles on it since it's come out of the shop so a look underneath to ensure the oil leak isn't back is next on the list.

I wonder how GM would react to a complaint filed with the NHTSA on the structural noises and weld repairs on this car?

I'm waiting on word back from customer service and the dealer to see when they want the car back again.

serturbo
05-27-11, 06:34 PM
Sorry to hear about it. Makes me glad I got stuck with a coupe instead of the sedan that I wanted. I hope everything is resolved in a timely manner.

Ross L
05-27-11, 08:22 PM
Man, there HAS to be someone at GM that can correctly Id and correct your cars problem. I can't believe that welds could continue to break( if that's even what's happening). Best of luck. I know it has to be frustrating to you. Keep us informed if you don't mind.

tbss08
05-27-11, 08:28 PM
I can't begin to describe the frustration factor with this. The car has been in the shop for 13 weeks for the roof issue. It is suppose to be 85 here tomorrow and the top will be creaking good.

Maybe they should cut the top off and make it a convertible.

neuronbob
05-27-11, 08:39 PM
Dunno what to say, brother. :(

PremierJosh
05-27-11, 09:03 PM
I'm not one to suggest being a pain in GM's ass or to always scream replacement but you need to receive a new V. I have loved both my V2's and you deserve to also.

Domsz06
05-27-11, 09:09 PM
there is no way the welds are breaking. It's gotta be something else Unless the welds were just straight ugly they are not breaking.... I'm a horrible welder and my welds stick together...

thebigjimsho
05-27-11, 09:25 PM
I would pull up to the dealer and tell them to keep it. How has it not been lemoned yet???

Caddy Wagon
05-27-11, 09:35 PM
I agree. Time to lemon law that thing and get another one!

hulksdaddy
05-27-11, 09:36 PM
How has it not been lemoned yet???

:yeah:

Domsz06
05-27-11, 09:41 PM
aren't lemon laws dependent on the state and some states are better/harder then others?

thebigjimsho
05-27-11, 09:51 PM
Regardless of state, GM should be JUMPING at the chance to swap it out...

tbss08
05-27-11, 10:46 PM
LEMON LAWS

For everyone saying lemon the car it is easier said than done.
For the STATE OF INDIANA: The car must be registered, purchased and the owner a legal resident of Indiana. I purchased the car in Kentucky but meet all the other requirements as well as the time and number of repairs.

I feel because of the last failed repair attempt and the settled litigation GM is playing hardball and does not want to swap out the vehicle. If this keeps up GM would have been far better off to swap the vehicle and be done with it.

The first repair cost was over $4000 dollars plus the cost of the rental.
This one was again up near $4000 dollars and I know the rental was $2000 for the 6 weeks I had it. If this goes in again it will probably be another long repair and another few K to fix.
I believe I've pissed off the regional rep and probably someone higher up in GM. When I talked with the customer rep today he sorted of alluded to the fact the regional rep has it in for me. He is the same person who refused warranty repairs during litigation until the lawyer sent a letter stating the dealer was in contempt and had 14 days or start facing 1K a day fines until they would work on the car.
Does anyone have a number to higher up Exec which might be able to help out a long time GM customer?

baabootoo
05-28-11, 01:08 AM
aren't lemon laws dependent on the state and some states are better/harder then others?

Yes, Wisconsin will only consider Lemon Law complaints on safety equipment; like brakes, TPMS, transmission, etc. I experienced all of those on my Infiniti which is why I know.

cbloveday
05-28-11, 01:44 AM
Sorry to hear it is still not fixed. What a nightmare.

GMX322V S/C
05-28-11, 12:08 PM
tbss, has MReiland been involved?

tbss08
05-28-11, 01:32 PM

Yes he has. I have an executive council rep working the case but I truly believe the main issue is the regional rep and I'll be older and much grayer before anything gets done with this. I'm giving them until Tuesday and then I file a complaint with the NHTSA. If broken welds from the factory is not reason for a defect investigation then I'm not sure what will be.

The first extended repair the regional rep stated " You have the right people taking care of you now. We will get it right." This was after almost 5 weeks in the shop when he got involved. When I picked up the car last August I got in the car after doing the walk about and went to put on the seat belt, no luck. The buckle was behind the "B" pillar, I had an 1/8 of a tank of gas after dropping it off with 3/4 of a tank, several molding pieces damaged, the center black console looked like someone ice skated on it, paint damaged on the right rear door, molding damaged on the right rear door, paint on the rims, paint on the rear window and paint drips on the right rear door. I didn't fully understand which way I was getting taken care.

On top of everything that happened the noise was still present. In fact I just drove the car today and as I pulled it out of the garage the nice sharp SNAP could be heard as I drove over the thresh hold. This is after an additional 6 weeks in the shop this year.

If there was any question why I sued GM some of this fine repair would answer that.

After all the dust settles maybe I'll have a car which is actually right and not be back at the dealer anymore. I'm concerned now of the fact the dealership is probably getting pissed after seeing this thing in so many times.

hulksdaddy
05-28-11, 01:40 PM
Trade it in. Would seem to be the best option for you.

GMX322V S/C
05-28-11, 08:21 PM
tbss, if you were in L.A., I'd advise you to call this Rottweiler, I mean investigative reporter for the local NBC affiliate. Have anybody like that in your neck of the woods?

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-31-11, 11:54 AM
Tbss08,

I am very sorry to hear that you have been experiencing this issue with your vehicle for so long. Do you have a case number? If so, would you please provide me with the number so I can look at your case?

Thank you!

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service

MReiland
05-31-11, 12:24 PM

:helpless: I am doing everything I can, I wish I could do more....

tbss08
05-31-11, 12:40 PM
Tbss08,

I am very sorry to hear that you have been experiencing this issue with your vehicle for so long. Do you have a case number? If so, would you please provide me with the number so I can look at your case?

Thank you!

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service

Elizabeth,
Case number: 71-948788349.
Thanks

tbss08
05-31-11, 12:43 PM
:helpless: I am doing everything I can, I wish I could do more....

MReiland has been very helpful through all of this. My sincere thanks goes out to him.

baabootoo
05-31-11, 02:24 PM
File the complaint now and let them pressure GM.