: 2008 sts v6 di- led dtr

mannyurrego
05-27-11, 03:20 PM
have someone change the stocK orange bulbs for LED ones? i need some advise and what reference to get...thanks in advance

1BadCadSTS
05-27-11, 03:21 PM
what are you talking about?

mannyurrego
05-27-11, 03:41 PM
day time running lights it came with original regular orange bulbs, i'm trying to replace it with LED'S.

chazglenn3
05-27-11, 03:44 PM
You just need to get 3157 equivalent LED bulbs. The flasher may have issues with the lower resistance from the LED's.

mannyurrego
05-27-11, 03:48 PM
any ideas what i need to replace in order to get best results?

chazglenn3
05-27-11, 04:15 PM
No, I don't but I seem to recall something about electronic flashers or resistors. Someone here should know and respond. Since the car already has LED taillights, the resistance thing is probably already taken care of. What I remember was not related to the STS, but a Mustang I think...

mannyurrego
05-27-11, 04:19 PM
thank you for your time.

rics8
06-25-11, 11:11 AM
I got some nice blue one off of ebay. they were 15bucks total with shipping

mckellyb
06-25-11, 01:50 PM
With one LED system, out back, and one incandescent bulb, up front, there is likely a resistor, but it will think the front bulb is burned out due to the replacement LED's lower resistance when compared to incandescent.

Interesting....

Here is a decent site to dig through:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2Fled_info.htm

There are small devices, resistors, which simulate the load of a bulb, but using one which is designed for replacing two incandescents for when you're replacing only one...that might cause it to behave oddly and 'think' one LED is toast. Maybe not, though. Haven't been down that road, but I, too, have seriously considered replacing the front turn-signals with LED's. Unless the housing is designed for them, however, it can look kinda cheesy. LED's are very directional in their light beams. Incandescents throw it everywhere.

I think, when I put LED's in all corners of our tow-car, I put in a resistor at each corner. Said resistors look identical to the ones show on the superbright site. Yeah...one for each front corner will work, I'm almost 100% certain. You're certainly unlikely to damage anything.

Drop-in replacement LED's are much better than they were even five years ago, but they're still evolving.

Looking around the superbrightleds site, I can see I'm tempted by a few. Prices have come down a BUNCH, since just 5-7 years ago, too! I really want a full set for the back of our 40' long diesel apartment, as my wife told me, with road-spray, you can't see it, at night. One incandescent just doesn't cut it.