: OMG! someone asked me to change mileage in the dash on a 2010 V!

wait4me
05-27-11, 11:55 AM
OK first off, that is BEYOND theft, i WILL NOT DO THAT FOR ANYONE not even you...

Secondly, there are several systems in place that will tell on you when you do find someone that will.

"onstar", driver Door module, radio, and a few other modules store that info, and onstar collects that data, including gas mileage statistics, driving habits, ect....

You have been warned even though i know you dont believe me...

Hell download the onstar app for an iphone and even there they show you stuff..

The car even has Module swapping detection, so if you replace a module, like dash, or BCM ect, it stores that you swapped and what module you swapped, and that is available even for a low level gm employee can see that information.

If i do see your car for sale, and the vin number matches, and i see the mileage is less than what i know it is, I WILL POST THE VIN AND YOUR Real mileage ON THIS WEBSITE. Please dont do that to a v guy......

shade
05-27-11, 12:31 PM
Come on Clove why you asking Jesse to do that? :)

Cadillac Tony
05-27-11, 01:17 PM
Good for you, Jesse. Half the time punks do stuff like this, it ends up on a dealer lot and the dealer ends up on the wrong side of a lawsuit because of it.

cbloveday
05-27-11, 01:42 PM
Excuse me Shade? Now that is SHADEY

Besides, mine is a 2009. :)

readyact
05-27-11, 01:54 PM
Unbelievable what a shame.

GM-4-LIFE
05-27-11, 02:02 PM
WOW! Good for you, Jess! I have heard a lot of this type of activity going on and that is another reason why I refuse to buy used. I only buy new to prevent becoming a victim of this type of scam. I even heard of a huge car dealer out here that does it on their used cars so they can make more money off innocent clueless people. Terrible!

PGA2B
05-27-11, 02:10 PM
Holy state and federal offense batman!!!

kirbyCTSV
05-27-11, 02:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBOZ06_AfUo

Nutz
05-27-11, 02:17 PM
I periodically buy and sell cars, so Carfax is a great asset to me (not perfect, but very helpful). I have probably seen around 10% of my searches come back with mileage discrepancies in the last few years, some clerical, but most fraudulent. I enjoy cornering and humiliating the creeps that I catch in this crime, hearing the excuses and backpeddling is always the same game. I had a guy assure me that it was a service write-up error and he was going to get a written apology from the dealership to have it fixed at the BMV, ya fright... Bozo.

The innocent victims in this racket suffer major financial hits. Let's imagine what a $55,000 CTS-V is worth in resale if it has been branded with a mileage discrepancy, or even salvage title and your stuck with it, maybe $30,000?

Kudos Jess man.

neuronbob
05-27-11, 02:32 PM
Jess is da man. Odometer fraud is NOT cool.

Domsz06
05-27-11, 02:49 PM
I don't see what the big deal is here. I mean yes it's wrong and an issue, but just changing a digital number in the computer isn't simple to do. I would think it would be pretty hard to do, and like others have said there are lots of checks to keep this from happening. It would not stop me from buying used one bit. I love getting a smoking deal on a slightly used car that someone else took the 10-15% hit as soon as they drove it off the lot :D

PhxTriode
05-27-11, 05:32 PM
I don't see what the big deal is here. I mean yes it's wrong and an issue, but just changing a digital number in the computer isn't simple to do. I would think it would be pretty hard to do, and like others have said there are lots of checks to keep this from happening. It would not stop me from buying used one bit. I love getting a smoking deal on a slightly used car that someone else took the 10-15% hit as soon as they drove it off the lot :D

Someone ate the first $20k on mine :-)

I would be pissed if I was on the receiving end of such trickery.

JimmyH
05-27-11, 05:46 PM
bad move Jesse. now he's wise to you. You should have waited until he put the car up for sale, then exposed him. He will probably be more careful with his fraud now.

tabio42
05-27-11, 06:24 PM
Is there an easy way for us who bought used to check the actual mileage? My dealer did some shady stuff on my used 2010 (like not disclosing it was in a collision even after I asked). I would like to make sure they didn't screw me on mileage.

Domsz06
05-27-11, 09:13 PM
i guess i don't understand all the worries. If your that worried about being "screwed" don't buy used. Otherwise it's part of the gamble you take to save the "20k" like phx mentioned.

Guess I really could care less cuz I plan on driving this car till the wheels fall off. (or a better v comes along)

PremierJosh
05-27-11, 09:52 PM
What was the point of the post. Either toss dudes name out here or what was the point? To show us you abide by the law?

vseries
05-27-11, 10:30 PM
If anyone needs this done I got a guy who knows a guy ......jk :hide:

wait4me
05-27-11, 11:25 PM
The purpose of this post was to tell the guy that i will tell on him if he goes thru with it.. The car in question is a lease car with 57,500 ish miles on it.. He wanted 11,000 ish miles on it.

Razorecko
05-27-11, 11:29 PM
^ wow. Double scam. He'll give the lease back, recieve credit for low mileage and the next owner will have one of those V's that the new owner will hit the throttle on a hot day and get a nice expensive CEL. I got screwed on title mileage though bigtime. Thanks to the lady that was doing the local state title when I bought my supra she put in the cost of the vehicle as the mileage on the paperwork. Later on carfax had a big red flag because of the discrepency. Thanks alot you dumb@ss bimbo at the currency exchange. You cost me big.....sigh -still bitter to this day and hence why I still have the vehicle because I refuse to take that massive hit

baabootoo
05-28-11, 01:05 AM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I know who that is.