: Heat Exchanges are on their way

DrumStix
05-27-11, 11:30 AM
We have an initial limited quantity of heat exchangers on their way. Data has been complied on a couple of cars and I will have final pricing data later today. The one item I wanted to mention is that I am taking one from this batch for my car so I can put it on my personal V, in essence drinking my own champagne. With that I will also come additional data that I will be sharing. Thanks for looking.

Drum

cbloveday
05-27-11, 11:47 AM
Pics at some point?

Domsz06
05-27-11, 11:56 AM
can't wait to see the new different design!

DrumStix
05-27-11, 12:11 PM
Pics at some point?

As soon as I get my hands on the first one pics will be posted

Phx

DoingOK
05-27-11, 12:32 PM
Dibs on the first one available........

(after checking the price first :o )

Also, when is the best time to call Keith concerning getting my order done? Thanks in advance.

Rich

DrumStix
05-27-11, 12:49 PM
Call me now if you would like, Rich. Do you have my mobile number?

Pics will be coming for sure. They are fantastic looking AND performing units and I have CFM flow data as well as IAT delta information.

DoingOK
05-27-11, 12:54 PM
I have a 919-943-XXXX number for Keith. PM me your mobile and I'll get my order rolling. Thanks.

Rich

DrumStix
05-27-11, 01:00 PM
I have a 919-943-XXXX number for Keith. PM me your mobile and I'll get my order rolling. Thanks.

Rich

That's it. Give me a ring. I am walking through a building that does not get great reception but I will call you right back if I miss your call.

Drum

Ross L
05-27-11, 02:44 PM
Are there details posted elsewhere that I missed? Fluid volume, mounting, stand alone unit, ease of install, ect. Anxiously awaiting pics!

DrumStix
05-27-11, 03:00 PM
http://kdinnovations.com/pics/hx1.jpg

http://kdinnovations.com/pics/hx2.jpg

http://kdinnovations.com/pics/hx3.jpg

Quick pics. Needed to shrink it down cause the HX is so big, lol. I will get a couple more pics...

I should also be able to upload some blower porting pics tonight.

DoingOK
05-27-11, 03:06 PM
That one in the second box is mine. Thanks ;-)

DrumStix
05-27-11, 03:20 PM
That one in the second box is mine. Thanks ;-)

Sure. I think the shipping label already has your name on it.

DrumStix
05-27-11, 03:30 PM
Are there details posted elsewhere that I missed? Fluid volume, mounting, stand alone unit, ease of install, ect. Anxiously awaiting pics!

Ross L, you did not miss anything. We just started posting a few details. From the pictures you can kinda pick out the mounting brackets at the top on either side. It is stand alone and I will remeasure the volume out of the car for you. All other data coming as well.
We have flowed this unit front to back and gotten CFM counts and compared to other products that are out there. I'm just not sure I want to post that data in the open forum because is the negativity it will cause. PM me and I will fill you in. When I have more time to respond to questions this evening and over the weekend, I may put it out there!

Caddy Wagon
05-27-11, 04:49 PM
I'll post some pics of the one I am running.

PhxTriode
05-27-11, 04:56 PM
Hard to tell from the tiny pics, but that looks almost identical to one I just got from someone else.

Can't wait to check them out!

Caddy Wagon
05-27-11, 05:24 PM

DrumStix
05-28-11, 01:19 AM
I am not going to post the current set of prototype blower pics we have as I indicated tonight as they have a lot of important data and dimensions that will be used to replicate future ports. They contain real data that would need to be redacted so posting would be dumb. More photos will be available when the first guy receives his as long as the meth does not eat through them, lol. I'll just let it unfold as he bolts it down and hits the rollers around the end of next week. I expect good results.

Total time the blower was needed was under four days. They are a ton of work to get them where they need to be but future ones should be 3 days or less. We will not keep a blower over 5 days so your V won't have to sit too long.

Thanks for your HX orders guys. Stuff will ship on Tuesday. Please send us your thoughts so we can continue the approach to quality and continuous product improvements.

DrumStix

Busabob
05-28-11, 07:42 AM
Interested. I have to do something, the AZ heat kills the performance of this car. What's the difference between this unit and the new D3 unit that came out?

Domsz06
05-28-11, 10:17 AM
Interested. I have to do something, the AZ heat kills the performance of this car. What's the difference between this unit and the new D3 unit that came out?

This one is 300 cheaper.

it also has the same "inlet flow" as D3, but the d3 chokes all the air in the HX and doesn't allow much air to exit. On a HX you still want air to exit so it can help cool the rest of the engine too. I'll try and find the email that KDI sent me on this when I asked them.

Does this make sense?

Busabob
05-28-11, 10:42 AM
This one is 600 cheaper.

it also has the same "inlet flow" as D3, but the d3 chokes all the air in the HX and doesn't allow much air to exit. On a HX you still want air to exit so it can help cool the rest of the engine too. I'll try and find the email that KDI sent me on this when I asked them.

Does this make sense?

$600 less makes sense!! (ha-ha) I didn't realized KDI was part owned by PhxTriode, so if he's running it and having good results it's good enough for me because he's running 100 more HP than me.

Thanks Dom...

Busabob
05-28-11, 10:43 AM
Triode......I want one. Cash and carry. Bob

Domsz06
05-28-11, 11:06 AM
$600 less makes sense!! (ha-ha) I didn't realized KDI was part owned by PhxTriode, so if he's running it and having good results it's good enough for me because he's running 100 more HP than me.

Thanks Dom...

no prob. I have one shipping to me as well, so we will see how it works here in H-town heat. Meth will be on later this summer and I'll be golden (or I hope so )

GMX322V S/C
05-28-11, 11:24 AM
...has the same "inlet flow" as D3, but the d3 chokes all the air in the HX and doesn't allow much air to exit...I'll try and find the email that KDI sent me on this when I asked them.
Interesting. Would KDI mind posting the CFM data that backs this statement up? Or PM me if more appropriate. Thanks!

DrumStix
05-28-11, 12:31 PM
Triode......I want one. Cash and carry. Bob

I have two already heading here. PM me

Phx

PhxTriode
05-28-11, 01:47 PM
Thanks for all the support guys.

5 heat exchangers in one day!

Phx

Domsz06
05-28-11, 02:11 PM
Interesting. Would KDI mind posting the CFM data that backs this statement up? Or PM me if more appropriate. Thanks!

i'm sure if you PM them they will send it to you.