: SRX bug screen needed for Florida travel

rervf23
05-27-11, 10:13 AM
Hi all,

We will be traveling to Florida in September (right in the middle of love bug season). I tried searching the internet for a custom bug screen for the front of my SRX and really could not find anything except universal screens. I would rather not get a univeral screen - mounting positions are probably not what I would like anyway. Does anyone know of a place where I could order a custom screen for the SRX?

Thanks,
Bob

Cooper10
05-28-11, 06:48 AM
Look at a material called Travel Shield by Surface Shield. It's used on large RV's
to protect the front of the vehicle against bugs and stone chips. It looks like a thick saran wrap with an adhesive back that can be removed quickly. Check out RV suppliers for this product.

rervf23
05-28-11, 09:25 AM
Thanks Cooper10, although this Travel Shield works well with rear engined RV's, it would restrict the air flow in our SRX. We have been thinking about changing travel plans and go to Florida after love bug season ends. We really don't have to be there in September, we can go anytime. I know we will collect an assortment of bugs just from the travel from NY to FL, but we can handle that with the products on the market today.

Thanks again for the reply
Bob

GMJim
05-29-11, 08:47 AM
The cheapest method is keeping a fresh coat of wax on the front end.
Bugs seem to slide off instead of a splat. And if they do splat, they come off
alot easier.

rervf23
05-29-11, 10:28 AM
Thanks GMJim,

Exactly what we were thinking about doing. Thanks again.

Bob