: Pulled over by a bored State Trooper...

outsider
05-27-11, 09:02 AM
I was going to work in my 87 brougham this morning doing 55 in a 50...It's like a little access highway that leads onto the i95. Anyways I was about to exit and I see a state trooper hit one of the turn-around spots and come up behind me at a high rate of speed, no lights. I put my blinker on and applied my brakes because my exit was coming up and started to merge into the offramp lane, then he hits his blues.

I pulled over and he comes around and says "Turn off your blinker and hit your brakes." so I did and he says "hmm...When you hit your brakes one of your brake lights wasn't working but they are all working now. License and registration please?"

So I gave him my papers and he went back to his car for like 10 minutes. Then he came back and gave me my papers and said "You should get your left brake light checked because it didn't come on when you hit your brakes but it appears to be working now."

I said "Hmmm, I had the car inspected just last month. I'll have to get back there and look at it." and he said "Ok, you're free to go. Have a nice day."

He never mentioned the fact that I wasn't wearing a seat belt...

csbuckn
05-27-11, 10:07 AM
Wonder why he really pulled you over? I suppose he saw your brake lights before he busted a u and ran up on you...that'll be his story.

outsider
05-27-11, 10:52 AM
Lol yeah...sadly anyone who has an 87 Brougham stock with the lazy 307 knows it takes too much effort to speed with that car on such a short stretch...

My guess is that he was bored and saw the car and thought "That car looks like a drug dealer car. I'm going to check it out!" lol. Anyways...now I need to get in there and try to look at my brake lights just to make sure he was full of BS.

csbuckn
05-27-11, 11:37 AM
Make sure you send the bill for your labor to the state.

CADforce69
05-27-11, 12:19 PM
A lot of bored police officers stop me when driving my other classic car. Unfortunately, I havenīt been able to drive my 69 caddy many times. Letīs see how much time will pass until the first police control :lol: They even stopped years ago my dadīs Toyota Prius, as they never saw one of these on the area they patrolled. This issue is growing more serious in Spain, as Government has instructed the police to increase fines due to the poor condition of Public finances.

SDCaddyLacky
05-27-11, 06:01 PM
A lot of bored police officers stop me when driving my other classic car. Unfortunately, I havenīt been able to drive my 69 caddy many times. Letīs see how much time will pass until the first police control :lol: They even stopped years ago my dadīs Toyota Prius, as they never saw one of these on the area they patrolled. This issue is growing more serious in Spain, as Government has instructed the police to increase fines due to the poor condition of Public finances.

I used to get pulled over on average of every 3 months! Well that's when I used to drive my older Cads, I can't count how many times I've been pulled over in my 72 Deville. It does have that gangsta look to it, so that could of been the problem obviously. Cops that are bored will find anything or make up an excuse to pull you over. Our Cadillacs do look like G rides, and attract the wrong type of attention regardless of what people say. You watch mafia movies, gangster movies, and Cadillacs don't really have a great reputation. I have been pulled over 1 time in my 94 Fleetwood because my front licence plate was missing, but the copper really just wanted to see if the car was actually mine and asked a bunch of questions on where I was going and what I was doing.

In most cities today, cops are being pressured to increase ticket counts to help the budget. It's unfair and unfortunate because at the end of the day, it's the citizens that are having to cough up the extra cash. In a way, it's like a hidden tax, covered up in words such as "Ticket" or "Fine".

At least the copper was nice enough to let you go without any violation.

CADforce69
05-27-11, 07:08 PM
In most cities today, cops are being pressured to increase ticket counts to help the budget. It's unfair and unfortunate because at the end of the day, it's the citizens that are having to cough up the extra cash. In a way, it's like a hidden tax, covered up in words such as "Ticket" or "Fine".

At least the copper was nice enough to let you go without any violation.

I totally agree. In Madrid, our dear mayor has increased the number of fines more than 1,000% since he arrived to this post, in addition to increasing taxes more than 100% to finance his pharaonic building works.

Iīm glad you got no fine at the end of this story, outsider. :)

ejguillot
05-27-11, 07:31 PM
Sounds like Madrid is a great place to visit, but living there will break your wallet.

CADforce69
05-27-11, 08:20 PM
Sounds like Madrid is a great place to visit, but living there will break your wallet.

Really a great place to visit but complicate to live in since Mr. Gallardon was elected mayor of the city. Before it happened, it was a lovely place to live. Anyway I recommend everyone to come and visit Madrid. I think nobody will be disappointed, although youīll find difficult seeing cadillacs here. :D

sven914
05-27-11, 08:53 PM
The cops around here must not be too attentive. I've only been pulled over once (60 in a 35; no ticket) and have sped past a few. Maybe that's why the taxes are so high...

MoistCabbage
05-27-11, 10:21 PM
I was pulling out of my private way really late one night last summer and realized I had forgotten something. (I forget what it was but thats not important) I was in a rush so I called my friend to run it out to me. While I was waiting, I noticed a drunk man in a grey sweater stumbling around behind me on the opposite side of the street. Didn't think much of it, common in Boston. My friend brought whatever it was I forgot out and passed it through my window, it was in a grocery bag. So I back out on to the street and start driving down the hill, and right before I reach the corner, a silver Mazda 3 pulls out in front of me and stops. The "drunk" walks up to my open window and pulls a badge out from under his sweater. Apparently they were staking out the house right outside of my private way, and my car looked like a drug dealers car. "Why? Because its clean and has chrome rims?" After 5 minutes of questioning, I was on my way.

There was one time I was pulled over because the officer was stunned by my car, but not because of it's beauty or because it was a classic. He was just amazed it was still on the road in 2010. It was a 1986 Chevette:cool2:

pompste
05-28-11, 02:06 AM
He was cool to not get you for the seat belt.
I got a $65 ticket just 3 months ago for not wearing my belt,here in Michigan,USA,while driving my '78 Sedan Deville.First question he asked:Where are you going? I was going to my health club to work out.
It was at night too,so how the hell he saw me without the belt is beyond me---unless they`re using infrared/night vision these days.
I bought myself a seatbelt extender so it`s an easy click it now.I`m not giving them a chance at sucking any more money out of me.Seems like those vultures always suck me dry when i`m broke.

sven914
05-28-11, 02:23 AM
First question he asked:Where are you going? I was going to my health club to work out.

I would have told him I was disposing of the evidence...

pompste
05-28-11, 03:36 AM
I would have told him I was disposing of the evidence...

Ha Ha Ha! Ya dude,that would`ve raised the hairs on his back for sure.There`s enough trunk room in the '77-'92 Sedan Deville`s/Fleetwood`s for 2-3 bodies for sure! Biggest fricken trunk i`ve ever had in a vehicle.

DouglasJRizzo
05-28-11, 08:27 AM
I was going to work in my 87 brougham this morning doing 55 in a 50...It's like a little access highway that leads onto the i95. Anyways I was about to exit and I see a state trooper hit one of the turn-around spots and come up behind me at a high rate of speed, no lights. I put my blinker on and applied my brakes because my exit was coming up and started to merge into the offramp lane, then he hits his blues.

I pulled over and he comes around and says "Turn off your blinker and hit your brakes." so I did and he says "hmm...When you hit your brakes one of your brake lights wasn't working but they are all working now. License and registration please?"

So I gave him my papers and he went back to his car for like 10 minutes. Then he came back and gave me my papers and said "You should get your left brake light checked because it didn't come on when you hit your brakes but it appears to be working now."

I said "Hmmm, I had the car inspected just last month. I'll have to get back there and look at it." and he said "Ok, you're free to go. Have a nice day."

He never mentioned the fact that I wasn't wearing a seat belt...

Around here the locals like older cars hoping to find paperwork violations, unpaid tickets, warrants for child support, etc. As far as your incident goes, he saw an older sedan and figured maybe you had an expired reg or ins card, and would be an easy catch.

My daily driver for years was a battered '92 Caprice wagon and I was repeatedly stopped in my home town and had my paperwork run through the computers. My small, upscale town has 60 break ins a year that are unsolved, but they had no problem tying up two cruisers to run my clean license and reg.

Stingroo
05-28-11, 08:37 AM
Yay wagon!

(I've never been pulled over... but there are definitely times where I should have been. LOL)

outsider
05-28-11, 10:03 AM
yeah...I never get a second look driving my 95 even though I'm always speeding and stuff. The 87 just draws attention to it's self.

CADforce69
05-28-11, 11:33 AM
Ha Ha Ha! Ya dude,that would`ve raised the hairs on his back for sure.There`s enough trunk room in the '77-'92 Sedan Deville`s/Fleetwood`s for 2-3 bodies for sure! Biggest fricken trunk i`ve ever had in a vehicle..

In a dodge trunk like my '73 once a man told me that he passed 7 guys to a motor race to avoid buying tickets... The caddyīs trunk is larger but I never tried to figure out how many bodies I can put there :lol:... Thereīs room for 10 at least.

The-Dullahan
05-30-11, 12:23 AM
You know, in all the times I have been pulled over, most often being told I "looked suspicious in the area" I can honestly say, I have never once had an officer ask me where I was going or where I had come from. Not even that time I got pulled over leaving the cemetery in the Historic District at 3 AM.

sven914
05-30-11, 12:29 AM
^Obvious answers don't need questions...

GeneLaw1
06-06-11, 04:36 PM
The law gives the police so much authority, as long as he pulled you over on suspicion of a traffic or equipment violation (even if that suspicion was later found to be in error) he would have been in the clear. Had he found something in your car, or your info didnt come back legal the charges more than likely would have stuck. State troopers are trained well, he would have wrote his report to make sure he was allllll good, lol

cadillac_al
06-07-11, 09:02 AM
The law gives the police so much authority, as long as he pulled you over on suspicion of a traffic or equipment violation (even if that suspicion was later found to be in error) he would have been in the clear. Had he found something in your car, or your info didnt come back legal the charges more than likely would have stuck. State troopers are trained well, he would have wrote his report to make sure he was allllll good, lol

That's the definition of a bored trooper; no crime in the area so he has to look for some or make some. A young guy in a old Caddy has to be doing something wrong so let's hassle him and see what we can find. R.I.P. U.S. Constitution.

outsider
06-07-11, 09:42 AM
yeah exactly. Luckily everything was in order. all paperwork was just renewed and inspection was like a month old. Car is so clean inside you could eat off of it so nothing in there for him to "find" and I haven't had a speeding ticket in about 5 years. Looks like their profiling was way off this time :D

CADforce69
06-07-11, 10:06 AM
Werenīt you listening hip-hop music when driving that day?... That can be very suspicious:suspect: (LOL)

outsider
06-07-11, 10:10 AM
I never listen to hip hop, I hate it. Rock music or no music. That's my motto!

GeneLaw1
06-07-11, 11:10 AM
A traffic Nazi to the fullest extent, lol