: any of you guys running the competition vs the sport?

haterinc
05-27-11, 08:59 AM
differences:

1. made in the USA - it seemed the Holland made ones had a lot of complaints at first? i'm guessing that has changed?
2. "allow" up to 50% stiffer than stock (vs. sport 30%) - does this mean with sport mode on i hope? i wouldn't want them that much stiffer in touring mode
3. they're only 1" in the rear vs. the 1.25" rear which has left some buyers thinking it looked too low in the rear. can you cut the fronts .25" like the eibachs and still be able to adjust the MRC sensors?

thanks for the help, i've been waiting impatiently on the Eibachs because of problems i've read in the past. the fact that so many of you say they've fixed the problems has me taking a second look.

wait4me
05-27-11, 10:33 AM
The main problem with ANY spring change is just that you need to "RETUNE" the magnashocks computer system.. Any spring change would technically require a full remap of the shock setup to bring dampening levels and firmness/ percentages back to safe and accurate levels. ALOT went into accuratly setting it up with the springs it has now. From washboard tests, to cornering at all speeds, to potholes, ect... Changing spring rates effectly modifies all that hard work.

Not changing that calibration adds years worth of wear and tear on them as they are over working depending on what the Rod sensor reading is showing... To make something close to working if tuning isnt an option "which at this time it is not" , you have to make a whole new PIVIT point AND rod length to make something that will bring it in kinda close. Even though it isnt the full right way to do it.

Another thing to do would be to put in a poly shield on the top and bottom of the springs when you put them in so the spring rides on that surface. It will keep it from making Squeeking noises most people complain about.

Dr. Design
05-27-11, 02:42 PM
Hello,
We seem to sell sports to competitions about 1.5:1 for lowering springs. The MRC needs to have our rods installed to work at their most optimum levels.

We have done a great deal of work to eliminate any suspension squeaking or unwanted noises.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

differences:

1. made in the USA - it seemed the Holland made ones had a lot of complaints at first? i'm guessing that has changed?
2. "allow" up to 50% stiffer than stock (vs. sport 30%) - does this mean with sport mode on i hope? i wouldn't want them that much stiffer in touring mode
3. they're only 1" in the rear vs. the 1.25" rear which has left some buyers thinking it looked too low in the rear. can you cut the fronts .25" like the eibachs and still be able to adjust the MRC sensors?

thanks for the help, i've been waiting impatiently on the Eibachs because of problems i've read in the past. the fact that so many of you say they've fixed the problems has me taking a second look.