: 05 STS with Bose and navi - I want to burn music DVDs ??? But how ?

FSchuett
05-27-11, 03:27 AM
Hello,

my 6 CD/DVD changer played only DVDīs and no CDīs,
I donīt know why but today I want to burn music DVD.

My problem is, how can I burn these DVDīs ?
Iīve tested DVD-R and DVD+R and all title as mp3,
but the DVD player cannot read these DVDīs

Original Video DVDīs run very nice.
Or is mp3 not correct, I can burn as wma.

Thanks

chazglenn3
05-27-11, 10:40 AM
MP3's play just fine. I think the issue still may be with the faulty laser in your system. There are quite a few systems on eBay (USA one) for less than $650.

AllWheelEric
05-27-11, 12:10 PM
It should play MP3 on CD. It will not play MP3 on DVD. It will not play WMA on anything.

chazglenn3
05-27-11, 12:50 PM
Why would it not play mp3 on DVD?

FSchuett
05-27-11, 01:40 PM
I have problems with CDs, thats the reason why I burned DVDs.

What kind of data can I burn on DVD ? What kind of videoformat (mp4, mpg, avi...) can I burn on DVD ?

AllWheelEric
05-27-11, 03:17 PM
That's just how it's designed.

AllWheelEric
05-27-11, 03:25 PM
What kind of data can I burn on DVD ? What kind of videoformat (mp4, mpg, avi...) can I burn on DVD ?

You would need to create a fully authored DVD compliant with expectations of older entertainment systems (vs. computer systems). You can't just put files on a data disc. I have not done this so I can't provide much more guidance than that.

EChas3
05-27-11, 09:44 PM

Classic phrase: Not Supported.

AnderbrA
06-02-11, 12:35 PM
You can burn DVD-A discs, but not MP3s to a DVD. Also, I have yet to get a burned DVD video to work. Says DVD copyright error or something of the sort, no matter the method of burning. I finally just gave up and ran my Zune through the AUX.

The CD Changer in the STS is the slowest I have ever experienced. Forget the Random Disc Shuffle...lol :bonkers:

targetSTS
06-02-11, 02:28 PM
I burned DVD-video with video clips and dvd menu. Works nice.
If cd doesn't work correctly, You can try to burn DVD-Audio disc. As I understand unit can play DVD-Audio, DVD-VIDEO and CD-Audio or CD with mp3.

AnderbrA
06-03-11, 12:23 PM
Which app did you use to burn the DVD Video? I have not been able to get one to read, regardless of how i burn it.