: Beeping Sound - What is it??

nota4re
05-27-11, 12:20 AM
In my 2009 V, I have a very feint beeping sound and it is at a frequency that makes it impossible to locate. The "beep" sounds out about every 30 seconds. My remedy this far has been to turn up the radio. Anybody else had the beep or better still, have a solution?

Fireverm
05-27-11, 12:26 AM
In my 2009 V, I have a very feint beeping sound and it is at a frequency that makes it impossible to locate. The "beep" sounds out about every 30 seconds. My remedy this far has been to turn up the radio. Anybody else had the beep or better still, have a solution?

Do you only hear it at speed? At idle? Radio turned off/on?

nota4re
05-27-11, 01:03 AM
Seems to be there al the time - engine on. Idle is when you can hear it the most - with the radio volume all the way down or off.

I was hoping to get yelled at.... that this is something that had been reported multiple times!

JFJr
05-27-11, 09:11 AM
It's because your cell phone is in the car. Take it out and the beep will stop.

Jud
(Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk)

Domsz06
05-27-11, 09:20 AM
It's because your cell phone is in the car. Take it out and the beep will stop.

Jud

huh?

JFJr
05-27-11, 09:51 AM
Search "faint beep" on this forum.

Jud

Domsz06
05-27-11, 10:24 AM
Search "faint beep" on this forum.

Jud

I did and it didn't bring anything up, but I suck using the search function here. Perhaps you can explain a bit more. I have never heard a faint beep in my car with my cell in it... I'll listen next time. I know my transmission has a high pitch whine when I turn it off, it stops about 30 seconds after I turn the car off.

jb7952
05-27-11, 11:17 AM
Having any sort of electronics near the passenger seat will set off the seatbelt sensor / alarm. It drove me nuts for a while too.

You can either ignore it, not put things on or near the passenger seat, or buckle the passenger seat belt.

CTSV4now
05-27-11, 11:22 AM
Sort of applicable, but not exactly...........

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/166320-software-update.html

Last post says "The "faint beep" I have been hearing when the car is not running comes from the car's Bluetooth software accessing my smartphone's signal when it is in the car, even when the phone is completely turned off and even though it is an older model and is not Bluetooth equipped.

Domsz06
05-27-11, 11:22 AM
my car must be broken or something. I have my computer, cell phone and ipad in the passenger seat all the time and there is zero noise.

Guess I'm glad it's broken

Domsz06
05-27-11, 11:24 AM
Sort of applicable, but not exactly...........

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/166320-software-update.html

Last post says "The "faint beep" I have been hearing when the car is not running comes from the car's Bluetooth software accessing my smartphone's signal when it is in the car, even when the phone is completely turned off and even though it is an older model and is not Bluetooth equipped.

cool thanks! ;)

tedcmiller
05-29-11, 12:11 AM
I have had my cell phone in all three of my CTS-Vs and never heard or had anyone say that they heard a "faint beep" sound. I guess I am like Domsz06, either all my CTS-Vs have been broken, or you have something wrong with your car.

NROTIK
05-29-11, 10:54 AM
On 2 occasions I heard this "beep".. I found it to be the passenger seat belt warning.. When no one was sitting in the seat.. But both times I had put things on the seat.. I turned off the car and back on and it re set itself..

JFJr
05-29-11, 11:41 AM
On 2 occasions I heard this "beep".. I found it to be the passenger seat belt warning.. When no one was sitting in the seat.. But both times I had put things on the seat.. I turned off the car and back on and it re set itself..That's more of a chime and is fairly loud. The faint beep I hear is very muted and occurs about every 10 seconds. I have not heard it with the engine on. As soon as I remove my smartphone from the car and place it some distance away, the beep stops. The Bluetooth explanation came from my dealership's service department.

Jud