: Question about 2010 STS/Radio & Ipod

HoosierGal62
05-26-11, 11:15 PM
Purchased last weekend, really haven't had a chance to learn much about the car yet. Bad weather here this week has kept it in the garage away from possible hail damage! :thumbsup: One thing that surpised me is the dealer/salesman said there is no interface/connection for an IPod. The car seems to have every electronic gadget & so many bells and whistles. This true?

1BadCadSTS
05-26-11, 11:34 PM
Yes and no.
There is an aux input in the center console if you have the nav system, if not there is the upac sts ipod interface you can buy.

HoosierGal62
05-27-11, 12:35 AM
Yes--I have the Nav system...so there is an input in the console?

1BadCadSTS
05-27-11, 11:02 AM
Yes RCAs, you cannot control or charge the ipod but it will play music and video from it on your radio.

chazglenn3
05-27-11, 11:33 AM
Use the Apple A/V composite cable (or cheaper aftermarket one) to connect the iPod in the center console, and then press the "aux" button on the nav system followed by the video in/out button on the screen. As was mentioned you still have to make your selections on the iPod.

EChas3
05-27-11, 10:58 PM
Other aftermarket interfaces hijack the XM Interface and provide basic control via the tuning controls on the Nav. What's your budget?

Frikiton
05-30-11, 04:43 AM
I used the AUX / RCA option for a while but just got tired of not seeing the stuff in my Nav screen so I bought the upac-sts pkg on ebay and now really enjoy it more. I say its worth it in the long run