: 741 whp and 695 wtq on only 10 psi

vetkila
05-26-11, 08:55 PM
I can't say enough good things about Jesse at wait4me! He is a real stand up guy who knows what he is doing. I have built my share of cars and I have never encountered someone like Jesse and his company. Thank you Jesse and keep up the amazing work. Anyone who is looking for a stunning builder and tuner in my opinion Jesse is were it's at.

Please excuse my ignorance but I will try to tell you what Jesse did to my car.

Jesse's custom LSX block 434 cubic inch " cam specs are his own"
Ported LS7 heads his choice of springs and other parts "all I know is redline is at 7 grand"
LS9 clutch Jesse's custom flywheel
Jesse made me an intake with a massive green filter " my other intake just wasn't cutting it"
1000 cc injectors
2.55 upper 9 lower
Ported 102 mm throttle body
Ported snout and blower
Jesse's heat exchange
3.23 rear end gear
Kooks headers Corsa touring muffler "they are maxed out by the way"

On the dyno pull I was running VP 109 fuel " VP 109 is sold 15 minute from my house". I have Jesse's hand held to switch the tune from pump gas to race gas as I please. I did this because I am not a fan of methanol injection " to many problems on my other car" so in my own opinion I have the best of both worlds. The super charger is beyond maxed out and is severely holding the motor back. In a couple months I will be back out to Jesse to have him install tvs 2300 and then the real fun begins!!!!

Here are a couple pictures of the dyno graph and the intake Jesse made for me.

haterinc
05-26-11, 09:04 PM
Epic! I can't wait to get out there next month when I'm back from Hawaii

serturbo
05-26-11, 09:12 PM
Nice numbers.

SleeperCTSV
05-26-11, 09:22 PM
Sweet! What would it make with regular gas?

wait4me
05-26-11, 09:30 PM
Thanks for the complements. :) I do have some videos of the car, ill put on youtube for yah when i get back from this weekends events.... The car sounds pretty awsome.. At idle and at wot. :)

Your car was again one of the cleanest ones we have seen. ;)

What was the gas mileage on the way home?

vetkila
05-26-11, 09:36 PM
I got 410 miles to the tank. MPG were on average between 28 and 32 on flat ground. I was very surprised on the gas milage.

550HP STSV
05-26-11, 09:58 PM
holy shit 32 mpg jesse bout to start working for toyota

Luna.
05-26-11, 10:02 PM
28-32 mpg in a 2nd gen V???

Lol, okay

CTSV4now
05-26-11, 10:09 PM
Was the 32 mpg on pump gas? That is unreal. I guess replacing the 3.70 with the 3.23 helped, but still amazing.

JOEYCTS-V
05-26-11, 10:29 PM
I got 410 miles to the tank. MPG were on average between 28 and 32 on flat ground. I was very surprised on the gas milage.

:whatever:

cbloveday
05-26-11, 10:40 PM
The beast lives! Welcome to the 434 club.

vetkila
05-26-11, 10:49 PM
You can say what ever you want I drove from Indiana to New Jersey. In sixth gear at 70 the rpm Gage is at about 1500 rpm. You are more then welcome to stop by and go for a ride and I can show you. Like I said it was between 28 and 32 on flat ground no reason to lie. It was on 93 octane. Thanks cbloveday!

JimmyH
05-26-11, 10:51 PM
28-32 mpg in a 2nd gen V???

Lol, okay

I have to believe he was talking about the instantaneous.

urnodaisy
05-27-11, 12:01 AM
This is very encouraging. My V left Seattle for Jesse's shop this morning and I have to admit I am still a bit nervous handing over my baby. I'm hoping Jesse can hook me up with these numbers.

JimmyH
05-27-11, 12:14 AM
tombstone FTW! awesome name!

Caddy Wagon
05-27-11, 12:23 AM
What was your average MPG for the whole trip back?

Junkie414
05-27-11, 01:14 AM
Why would someone build a 434LSX built 4000+lb sedan with MPG being a big concern, that stuff makes me laugh

vetkila
05-27-11, 07:12 AM
Pennsylvania is a very hilly state on rt 80 and with pit stops and getting on it every now and then the average was about 20 to 21 mpg for the whole trip.

PremierJosh
05-27-11, 07:23 AM
Congrats on the #'s. Do you plan to run it at the track?

Domsz06
05-27-11, 08:17 AM
I can't say enough good things about Jesse at wait4me! He is a real stand up guy who knows what he is doing. I have built my share of cars and I have never encountered someone like Jesse and his company. Thank you Jesse and keep up the amazing work. Anyone who is looking for a stunning builder and tuner in my opinion Jesse is were it's at.

Please excuse my ignorance but I will try to tell you what Jesse did to my car.

Jesse's custom LSX block 434 cubic inch " cam specs are his own"
Ported LS7 heads his choice of springs and other parts "all I know is redline is at 7 grand"
LS9 clutch Jesse's custom flywheel
Jesse made me an intake with a massive green filter " my other intake just wasn't cutting it"
1000 cc injectors
2.55 upper 9 lower
Ported 102 mm throttle body
Ported snout and blower
Jesse's heat exchange
3.23 rear end gear
Kooks headers Corsa touring muffler "they are maxed out by the way"

On the dyno pull I was running VP 109 fuel " VP 109 is sold 15 minute from my house". I have Jesse's hand held to switch the tune from pump gas to race gas as I please. I did this because I am not a fan of methanol injection " to many problems on my other car" so in my own opinion I have the best of both worlds. The super charger is beyond maxed out and is severely holding the motor back. In a couple months I will be back out to Jesse to have him install tvs 2300 and then the real fun begins!!!!

Here are a couple pictures of the dyno graph and the intake Jesse made for me.

Nice numbers... I'd kinda hope for more with what you put into it. Stock blocks are making 650 on race gas.... Your exhaust and headers are not maxed out just fyi....

Look forward to seeing it on the track.

Would you mind discussing the issues you have with Meth? I'm contemplating running it and trying to get more data.

Hogg
05-27-11, 08:39 AM
I dont see what the block has to do with the power he's making. Durability for sure, but power not so much.

peace
Hog

PremierJosh
05-27-11, 08:46 AM
It's the cubic inches. We can max our lil blower out on a stock 6.2 so it just can't keep up on a 427+ motor. If it could I would have one. Our 1900 can only do so much and it looks like it is a 10.4 give or take a tenth on blower only. Doesnt matter if its on a 6.2 or 8.0. Yes the bigger motor will make.more tq but I just can't see it keeping up top. This dyno pulled out to 6900 which should put this thing right at 10 flat. I'm not saying it won't do it but with this powerband its sure should.

buddyg
05-27-11, 11:46 AM
Congrats! Two questions what rwhp does it make on pump gas. And what do you thing you can make with the bigger blower?

Wicked, need videos!

vetkila
05-27-11, 02:21 PM
Jesse said on a tbs 2300 should make 900 wheel on pump gas but I don't like to say anything until I actually make that power so we shall see. The blower is holding this motor back big time. VP say 109 should give 5% more power so on pump around 705 710. I rented the track June 10th so we shall see what she runs. I don't like meth injection because my system leaked all the time. The meth eats away sertain metals so constant up keep of changing fitting. Always in the back of my mind I was hoping the meth doesn't malfunction because if you are in the middle of a pull and it doesn't spray you are in trouble. I like to go down the shore and my car would only perform while I had meth. If I ran out no more getting on it unless I went home. In my own opinion I would rather run race gas have the performance and if I run out get pump gas switch the tune with my hand held and only loose 30 or so horse not the whole car. With the small tanks that are available for meth kits the meth goes real fast. One tank of meth does not last one tank of gas expecially if you are on it allot. All in my own opinion of course.

cbloveday
05-27-11, 02:30 PM
Vetkila,

With my build, I got 720 HP on 93 octane (non spray) when it was 80 degrees at the shop.
So, pretty darn close to yours. I am without the 120mm TB, 3.23 gears, and not sure what cam your running.
I also do not have the 1000 injectors and my lower is an 8.6 as opposed to the 9 your running.

I have been told those gears are good for 2/10s off the 1/4 mile, as compared to the 3.73 gears in my auto. I am very interested in seeing how you do on June 10th with the 1/4 mile. I am also curious as to what your shift points are. Mine had to be lowered due to slipping or the rev limiter hitting. I believe my limiter was set at 6800 in sport mode. I am now shifting around 6200-6300.

My first time out with crappy traction, the best I could get is a 10.7 without spray with a high 1.5X 60. Track was cold :(

Last time out I got a 1.484 60 :)

I hope you can cut a good 60 that day and can explain to me why the LSX appears to be no faster than my LSA (only power adder being SC)
I hope my tune is off.

Congrats again!

vetkila
05-27-11, 02:49 PM
Hope to have a good 1/4 mile time I will let you know my time and I will have video. When Jesse tune on pump gas he did back to back runs at 12:00 at night "I think he didn't want to piss off neighbors" so we stopped. I don't have a Dyno graph for pump so my number was a guess. I love the long gears makes power more usable on street.

Domsz06
05-27-11, 02:54 PM
Jesse said on a tbs 2300 should make 900 wheel on pump gas but I don't like to say anything until I actually make that power so we shall see. The blower is holding this motor back big time. VP say 109 should give 5% more power so on pump around 705 710. I rented the track June 10th so we shall see what she runs. I don't like meth injection because my system leaked all the time. The meth eats away sertain metals so constant up keep of changing fitting. Always in the back of my mind I was hoping the meth doesn't malfunction because if you are in the middle of a pull and it doesn't spray you are in trouble. I like to go down the shore and my car would only perform while I had meth. If I ran out no more getting on it unless I went home. In my own opinion I would rather run race gas have the performance and if I run out get pump gas switch the tune with my hand held and only loose 30 or so horse not the whole car. With the small tanks that are available for meth kits the meth goes real fast. One tank of meth does not last one tank of gas expecially if you are on it allot. All in my own opinion of course.

Interesting thoughts on meth. None of those are a concern on the alky kit, you ran a snow kit it sounds like and I have heard those issues. Nice to know. Also I plan on running a 4 gal tank in the car, no way that will run out that fast. Cool thanks for the info, the information I needed was obtained.

Domsz06
05-27-11, 02:57 PM
Hope to have a good 1/4 mile time I will let you know my time and I will have video. When Jesse tune on pump gas he did back to back runs at 12:00 at night "I think he didn't want to piss off neighbors" so we stopped. I don't have a Dyno graph for pump so my number was a guess. I love the long gears makes power more usable on street.

Hope you break into the 9's. I'm gonna go with mid 10's unless you have raced a lot before. Since you admited not knowing a lot about cars I'd assume you haven't been to the track much. But if you have been to the track a lot then 9's should be possible (if your tune is solid).....

vetkila
05-27-11, 03:17 PM
Glad I could help with meth kit. I can run my car good at track I just don't launch real hard I don't want to break anything. We shall see.

GM-4-LIFE
05-27-11, 03:24 PM
WOW! Nice numbers and great job, Jesse! I don't even want to know how much that build costs. Must be AT LEAST an arm and a leg!

cbloveday
05-27-11, 03:30 PM
You aint racin unless your breakin

Domsz06
05-27-11, 03:34 PM
WOW! Nice numbers and great job, Jesse! I don't even want to know how much that build costs. Must be AT LEAST an arm and a leg!

Not sure what Jesse charges but LME has an LSX long block for 6499

JimmyH
05-27-11, 04:18 PM
You aint racin unless your breakin

kind of like what Sterling Moss said. If you lose control, you went too fast. If you didn't lose control, you went too slow.

PhxTriode
05-27-11, 04:20 PM
Very nice numbers!

Domsz06
05-27-11, 08:14 PM
kind of like what Sterling Moss said. If you lose control, you went too fast. If you didn't lose control, you went too slow.

so true, so so true!

Domsz06
05-27-11, 09:24 PM
Some interesting information or maybe not I'm not sure. I was out and about at a local pub and ran into someone who worked for LME mentioned they had just sent 7 LSX 434's to Warsaw, IN.... Any tuners out that way????

wait4me
05-27-11, 10:44 PM
Some interesting information or maybe not I'm not sure. I was out and about at a local pub and ran into someone who worked for LME mentioned they had just sent 7 LSX 434's to Warsaw, IN.... Any tuners out that way????

Yeah a customer wanted some short blocks for some cars to be built faster than i can do,so i ordered some from them . I think i ordered 10 not 7.. Mostly to be shipped to dubai. I have bought tons of blank shortblocks from a lot of companies in the past as well , like lingenfelter, Texas speed, ect.. The Lme guys are pretty nice. A few came over already and had a few issues, but they where easily fixed.

The important ones we do in house, and always have to put on heads, cams, intake, ect on before shipping them out of country...

Also Domzo6, We only charge 6500 INCLUDING labor to install one of the ones we build.
That includes Dragon slayer crank, hd i beam rods, diamond or wiesco pistons, Arp studs for heads and mains, and all sorts of things that even the build cost WAY exceeds that value you can get somewhere else..

wait4me
05-27-11, 10:52 PM
The injectors in curtis car are not the same in this build. They are usually matched to the goals of the final build. So that the duty cycles hit the target safe zone for future modifications. Im using 1000cc @ 3bar injectors in this build. As he was wanting to swap blowers to the 2300 soon. At that point he will be at 15psi and making alot more torque and hp then. So they will be still enough fuel for his future mods. Curtis didnt need so big, so he has 80s i believe because with his car, he is adding in his needed fuel with nitrous jets when he goes higher hp levels.

PremierJosh
05-28-11, 07:56 AM
Yeah a customer wanted some short blocks for some cars to be built faster than i can do,so i ordered some from them . I think i ordered 10 not 7.. Mostly to be shipped to dubai. I have bought tons of blank shortblocks from a lot of companies in the past as well , like lingenfelter, Texas speed, ect.. The Lme guys are pretty nice. A few came over already and had a few issues, but they where easily fixed.

The important ones we do in house, and always have to put on heads, cams, intake, ect on before shipping them out of country...

Also Domzo6, We only charge 6500 INCLUDING labor to install one of the ones we build.
That includes Dragon slayer crank, hd i beam rods, diamond or wiesco pistons, Arp studs for heads and mains, and all sorts of things that even the build cost WAY exceeds that value you can get somewhere else..

Damn you had to fix a few of LME's shortblocks. I have used them for 25x builds without a single issue. Bryan there has been top notch. Has these issues all been recently? $6500 is a deal man, does that include all gaskets, arp studs, fluids, etc? How much would you sell just that setup to me for without labor? I could damn near sell my lsa to cover that.

Teutonaddict
05-28-11, 10:39 AM
crazy.....

Guess Mike TexaSS said it best, "Jesse you really do work for free"

And the problem would be.....??? You left off your pot-stirring smiley, Dom.

I don't get all the hatin'. It's making this valuable site less and less appealing to me.

I don't have a dog in this fight--I'm only slightly modded with exhaust/CAI/tune--but it seems to me that we've all benefited from the contributions of the vendors on this site, and a lot of insight (while not a statistically valid scientific sample) from W4M. As long as you look at the postings on an internet forum FWIW, not exactly gospel but food for thought, then we're better off with it than without, no?

Domsz06
05-28-11, 01:15 PM

I don't get all the hatin'. It's making this valuable site less and less appealing to me.

I don't have a dog in this fight--I'm only slightly modded with exhaust/CAI/tune--but it seems to me that we've all benefited from the contributions of the vendors on this site, and a lot of insight (while not a statistically valid scientific sample) from W4M. As long as you look at the postings on an internet forum FWIW, not exactly gospel but food for thought, then we're better off with it than without, no?

we all read and interpret things our own ways that's what's great about an online forum. There is a much deeper and underlying work going on here then what my post meant. It will slowly work it's way to the surface. Just give it time Teutonaddict

gut2727
05-28-11, 01:31 PM

Couldn't agree more Dave - very well put.

Dom - FWIW - I think its pretty clear to most all on this site that you support the guys from KD. I also think that most on this site would appreciate it if you were to show this support of KD overtly as opposed to snarky comments and/ or questions pointed at W4M under the veil of "food for thought".

I always found your previous posts to be informative/ positive but it definitley seems you've flipped a switch of sorts lately. If there is some egregious occurence that you know of - please share with group. Otherwise your comments lately seem sadly objective defiant.

Heres to hoping this site doesnt spiral down into everyone siding with their vendor of choice to take potshots. We have all seen it happen and it would be a shame if it occurred here.

Luna.
05-28-11, 01:38 PM

If you don't understand the hating, nor what the problem is, you haven't been paying attention. Jesse has caused more problems, with more venders, than any single poster I've ever seen, which is really a shame when one considers that he is a vender himself. I suspect that he wouldn't nearly have the following he does if he didn't charge his $0.99 store prices...

Welcome to the party about this site being less appealing as a result of it. I don't even post specifics about my car anymore and I've got quite a bit of modifications that some might find interesting.

JimmyH
05-28-11, 04:07 PM

you must never have been to ls1tech

Welcome to the party about this site being less appealing as a result of it. I don't even post specifics about my car anymore and I've got quite a bit of modifications that some might find interesting.

And you are still able to find a hat that fits your head?

DrumStix
05-28-11, 04:40 PM
Lots of technical folks over at LS1tech...

JimmyH
05-28-11, 04:45 PM
lots of flame wars too. you have to be good at sorting through detritus there http://www.cooleywire.com/jimmyh/pics/gif/biggrin.gif

Luna.
05-28-11, 04:54 PM
And you are still able to find a hat that fits your head?

Yeah, my head swells when I have to read posts from the board's cancer and some of the moderators, like you, who not only permit it, but almost encourage it.

I've been a supporting member of this site for many years and, at the moment, I plan to continue such. However, if Sal and/or the board moderators desire me not to be, refund me my pro-rata difference and you won't hear from me again.

Unbelievable that a moderator would make such an assinine comment...

Ross L
05-28-11, 05:17 PM
off T, but I hope you stick around Luna.

DrumStix
05-28-11, 06:14 PM
off T, but I hope you stick around Luna.

As do I.

Gary Wells
05-28-11, 06:24 PM
James (Luna): I have always looked forward to your very informative posts, James, even though you and I disagree on some things, It doesn't mean anything other than that. We disagree. I know that you have thicker skin than that. I think that we all miss your informative posts. Come back and drink the Kool-Aid. It really won't hurt you. Un-ruffle your feathers, un-bunch your panties, and come on back and join us.

Gary Wells
05-28-11, 06:29 PM
Almost every forum has its strong points and its weak points. Both this forum and LS1TECH are no different. LS1TECH has a very strong V1 following, where we have a very strong V2 following. It's best not to put all of your faith solely in 1 forum.

JimmyH
05-28-11, 06:41 PM
Yeah, my head swells when I have to read posts from the board's cancer and some of the moderators, like you, who not only permit it, but almost encourage it.

Welcome to the double edge sword. If I allow it, I am an "asinine" moderator. If I shut it down, I'm a Nazi.

I find this funny coming from you, someone who seems to only post for drama these days.

DrumStix
05-28-11, 06:46 PM
JimmyH, some of this perceived stuff is reality. One edge of the sword is sharper than the other. Take for example the thread shi**ing in Mike's T's 600 HP V recent thread or the meth thread. Shoe on other foot, stuff would have been all shut down. Some folks get a pass and can fling whatever nonsense they want. Just sayin....

And this is Drum talking on behalf of Drum.

Domsz06
05-28-11, 07:07 PM
Couldn't agree more Dave - very well put.

Dom - FWIW - I think its pretty clear to most all on this site that you support the guys from KD. I also think that most on this site would appreciate it if you were to show this support of KD overtly as opposed to snarky comments and/ or questions pointed at W4M under the veil of "food for thought".

I always found your previous posts to be informative/ positive but it definitley seems you've flipped a switch of sorts lately. If there is some egregious occurence that you know of - please share with group. Otherwise your comments lately seem sadly objective defiant.

Heres to hoping this site doesnt spiral down into everyone siding with their vendor of choice to take potshots. We have all seen it happen and it would be a shame if it occurred here.

Gut,

First off thank you. I appreciate people taking my posts as informative as I really try too. But I'm guessif by your low post count you have not been on here long. Maybe not. However there is a lot of crap that goes on here with vendors praying on "stupid" people. I don't know your background but I have been building a d working on cars since 14. I have a issue with vendors who lie, cheat, or take advantage of people who jist have deep pockets.

Read around do some homework. I'm sorry though if i dropped almost 20k into a vendor that doesn't charge for labor and could only run 10.3 with a 250 shot ID BE FLIPPING PISSED!!!

PhxTriode
05-28-11, 08:26 PM
I would have to agree that there are certain individuals that "get a pass" for thread sh!tting.

I for one have had numerous threads that I have started that have ended badly with a very specific individual being the culprit. Perhaps tenure on the forum has something to do with it.

I for one would not want the responsibility of governing the forum, but in doing so equality to all is paramount.

This is just my view from the cheap seats... Supporting member/Platinum Vendor

Phx

cbloveday
05-28-11, 09:04 PM
Gut,

First off thank you. I appreciate people taking my posts as informative as I really try too. But I'm guessif by your low post count you have not been on here long. Maybe not. However there is a lot of crap that goes on here with vendors praying on "stupid" people. I don't know your background but I have been building a d working on cars since 14. I have a issue with vendors who lie, cheat, or take advantage of people who jist have deep pockets.

Read around do some homework. I'm sorry though if i dropped almost 20k into a vendor that doesn't charge for labor and could only run 10.3 with a 250 shot ID BE FLIPPING PISSED!!!

Dom,

I'm not sure if you are referring to me and my car. I ran a 10.26 with 150 shot. I am planning on having the tune analyzed and tweaked. I bougt Hp tuner VCM Pro suite and look forward to data logging. I have been working with the config file and learning the software features and functions. I plan to datalog some track runs next weekend and analyze the data. It is more convenient than driving to my builder/tuner for a retune. I would really like to see for myself what the pids tell me. I am not upset, unless after analysis and adjustments, I can not get into the 9s & have not obtained a higher mph ET than I did pre engine swap. I hope it is something simple and tune related. Regarding the money spent, I am to blame. I am the one who continually went back REPEATEDLY for more horsepower. In doing so, many of the existing components I bought previously were not applicable to the new build. I could have saved alot if I just went with the higher hp originally.
That is modding and we have all been guilty of that at some point or another.

Also, if your calling me stupid................. Maybe I am, Maybe I'm not. :)

haterinc
05-28-11, 10:34 PM
Well by the end of this thread there will either be about 18 lurking members left or everyone will get a 2nd strike warning and we'll get back to business as usual.

I vote for a shoot out personally lol... good track numbers don't always represent long term reliability, I can attest for that unfortunately but by no means making any accusations either. Sooooo each tuner pick their horse segregated by block and let's have some fun leaving it all in rubber smoke on the track!

shade
05-28-11, 10:35 PM
Let me be a moderator. I'll shit on all of you :)

http://smileyshack.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/spoop_smileypooping_100-1112.gif

Domsz06
05-28-11, 10:51 PM
Dom,

I'm not sure if you are referring to me and my car. I ran a 10.26 with 150 shot. I am planning on having the tune analyzed and tweaked. I bougt Hp tuner VCM Pro suite and look forward to data logging. I have been working with the config file and learning the software features and functions. I plan to datalog some track runs next weekend and analyze the data. It is more convenient than driving to my builder/tuner for a retune. I would really like to see for myself what the pids tell me. I am not upset, unless after analysis and adjustments, I can not get into the 9s & have not obtained a higher mph ET than I did pre engine swap. I hope it is something simple and tune related. Regarding the money spent, I am to blame. I am the one who continually went back REPEATEDLY for more horsepower. In doing so, many of the existing components I bought previously were not applicable to the new build. I could have saved alot if I just went with the higher hp originally.

never once did I mean or intend to call you stupid. IF you felt that way It wasn't meant to be. I have enjoyed your posts and also the few times we talked on the phone.

Domsz06
05-28-11, 10:51 PM
Let me be a moderator. I'll shit on all of you :)

http://smileyshack.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/spoop_smileypooping_100-1112.gif

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Domsz06
05-28-11, 10:53 PM
Dom,

i know exactly what is wrong with your build. But I'd be preaching to the choir as I think you have already been informed/you will find it when you start data logging. It's the same reason I have had the biggest issue with people running stock injectors to 600hp....

cbloveday
05-28-11, 11:00 PM
As soon as I find out what the culprit is, I'll be sure to post my findings FWIW.

glgjr
05-28-11, 11:18 PM
Well by the end of this thread there will either be about 18 lurking members left or everyone will get a 2nd strike warning and we'll get back to business as usual.

I vote for a shoot out personally lol... good track numbers don't always represent long term reliability, I can attest for that unfortunately but by no means making any accusations either. Sooooo each tuner pick their horse segregated by block and let's have some fun leaving it all in rubber smoke on the track!

This is what I am talking about! Anyone can talk a sh!t but the only dyno that matters (the race track) will never lie. I am up for a little drag racing!

Gene

cbloveday
05-28-11, 11:37 PM
Heck, I've been racing ever since I could crawl. First victory was between me and my brother racing for breast milk.

haterinc
05-28-11, 11:52 PM
Lol twins or first born?

PhxTriode
05-29-11, 12:06 AM
Jimmy,

I did read the whole post as it is important to me.

I will gladly use the report button the next time one of my threads are molested.

All I ask is for equality as a member and a vendor.

haterinc
05-29-11, 12:08 AM
As far as vendors etc I can agree w Jimmy because I've been around for a couple years with this forum and when some vendors have posted new products I cringe sometimes because it's either been a mass attack of "prove its" from vendors with history or complaints of price as if these guys are working for free. R&D costs a lot of time and money (obviously) and these guys need paid to continue brining better products. Aside from the short production run 6M if these guys could make a decent buck on ROI, I'm guessing they'd deliver what you guys are after with the st shifters. Just my thoughts

Razorecko
05-29-11, 12:47 AM
i know exactly what is wrong with your build. But I'd be preaching to the choir as I think you have already been informed/you will find it when you start data logging. It's the same reason I have had the biggest issue with people running stock injectors to 600hp....

I am curious, what do you believe is the issue with the build ?

gut2727
05-29-11, 07:38 AM
Gut,

Doms,

First off, please don't assume anything from the low post count - I have been on this forum quite a while and have read around, the homework is already done or I would not be posting.

2nd, as far as background - I too have been working on building/ owning modded cars for quite a while - be it f bodies, vettes, 300z's, vipers, or SRT hemis before or while I have had my 09.

I do hear what you are saying - "there is alot of crap that goes on here...."

BUT, in short, you can't save 'em all. Let those who are wronged speak for themselves.

The innuendo of "I know what's wrong but I won't tell" is not helping anyone here.

Just catching up now since yesterday but Jimmy H is definitely on it so it looks like you can divulge your secrets without fear of banishment should you choose to.

off my soapbox - let the fire rage on.

cbloveday
05-29-11, 07:51 AM
I too am curious as to your opinion. Are you confident enough to disclose your thoughts prior to data logging?

DrumStix
05-29-11, 08:13 AM
As soon as I find out what the culprit is, I'll be sure to post my findings FWIW.

Do you have your cam card?

Domsz06
05-29-11, 08:15 AM
I am curious, what do you believe is the issue with the build ?

I too am curious as to your opinion. Are you confident enough to disclose your thoughts prior to data logging?

pm sent to both of you.

cbloveday
05-29-11, 08:29 AM
YES I DO have the cam specs. Jesse emailed them to me. I will give them to DSTECK, who is helping me with HP Tuners data logging and my tune evaluation.

Jesse has told me in the past to keep the data to myself. I want to respect that.

I will make sure Dsteck has it to evaluate the car tune.

Domsz06
05-29-11, 08:38 AM
YES I DO have the cam specs. Jesse emailed them to me. I will give them to DSTECK, who is helping me with HP Tuners data logging and my tune evaluation.

Jesse has told me in the past to keep the data to myself. I want to respect that.

I will make sure Dsteck has it to evaluate the car tune.

it's pretty common for any vendor using custom ground cams to keep them secret. However giving them to another tuner is still keeping em secret. Most tuners have a "code" and they aren't gonna copy others. (least the good tuners I have delt with honor that "code")

DrumStix
05-29-11, 10:53 AM
That's right. Just have Dave take a look, and I know he will want them.