: Question regarding rear hatch "ESCALADE" emblem..please help!!

ATyson
05-26-11, 07:29 PM
Hi all,

(Note: this question does not pertain to EXT and ESV models. Only the base Escalade)

Why do some 07-current Escalades have the "ESCALADE" emblem/badge on the right side of the rear hatch and some have it on the left side of the rear hatch? Have you ever noticed this? I think the newer trucks have the emblem/badge on the right side and the "FLEXFUEL" badge/emblem on the left side. Would someone please explain the difference in detail. This would be greatly appreciated!

MrHolland
05-26-11, 10:33 PM
From what I can tell, 2009 was the first year for the flex fuel option on the Escalade. 09 and 10 have the flex fuel badge. 2011 is still flex fuel capable but GM appears to have dropped the badge from the left and put "Escalade back in its place. So it seems 07, 08 and 11 all have Escalade on the left, unless the 2011 is a Platinum edition. If its a Platinum it appears the Escalade is on the right and Platinum is on the left below a flex fuel badge. WOW, thats confusing. As for the reason behind the badge moving from side to side, your guess is as good as mine...

My response comes from looking at pics and could be completely wrong

hdmech
05-27-11, 01:09 AM
I'm not sure of the details but late build 07s had the badge moved to the right. They also got some of the minor 08 changes on them. The air intake pipe has a little extra airbox just before the throttle body, the PRNDM shift indicator lights are the 08 colours and the background on the cadi logo on the grille is colour matched to the vehicle. They are small changes not a big deal. There was a thread that discussed the changes in more detail posted earlier as well.

CadX6
05-27-11, 12:19 PM
The 07's (first year of the "new generation") had the "Escalade" on the left (driver's) side. "Major" model year change for the 08's was to move the lettering to the right (passenger) side so you could tell on 08 from an 07. In 09 they left the lettering on the right side & added a yellow "flex fuel" emblem on the left. The 10's also left the letters on the right but changed the "flex fuel" emblem to green. Not real sure what they did for 11.
Somebody @ GM probably gets the big bucks for coming up with all these "upgrades" so that some guy with a brand new 2011 can look over at another Escalade & pity the guy 'cause he's driving "last year's model" :stirpot: