: 2009 ctsv D3 sport springs. how many people are happy with them?

jsanders
05-26-11, 02:59 PM
I recently purchased a 2009 cts v sedan and am very pleased with the performance. I also recently placed an order of d3 sport springs. My concern is that after reading some info in the forums, some people seem to think(or know) that theses springs have affected the way the magnetic ride shocks interact with the suspension in touring mode. I just want to find out if this a small number of people that feel this way about the springs or are the majority of people happy with the springs. please let me know! cause i really want to lower it a little and would like some positive feedback if there is any out there.....

Domsz06
05-26-11, 03:41 PM
people love em, people hate em. one or the other, not really any inbetween. Lots have no issues, lots have issues, just have to put them on and decide.

ajjones44
05-26-11, 04:45 PM
I was one that originally hated them but after the sleeves and another fix they are finally right and now I love them. Good luck!

rednumbers
05-26-11, 04:56 PM
put them on and had some noises that I thought was related to the springs themselves. Ended up just to be a bad install,

Love mine, Had extra sleeving material so i could ensure all the coils on top were covered.

No noises

I would do it but make sure you put the sleeves. I am hearing that Eibach is having the same issues now

GMX322V S/C
05-26-11, 04:58 PM
The modified sensor rods, which only come with D3's kit, are the only way to "re-home" the MRC so it knows when the suspension is in its neutral position. Not doing this is, well, non-optimal.

haterinc
05-26-11, 06:53 PM
are any of you guys running the competition vs the sport? differences:

1. made in the USA - it seemed the Holland made ones had a lot of complaints at first? i'm guessing that has changed?
2. "allow" up to 50% stiffer than stock (vs. sport 30%) - does this mean with sport mode on i hope? i wouldn't want them that much stiffer in touring mode
3. they're only 1" in the rear vs. the 1.25" rear which has left some buyers thinking it looked too low in the rear. can you cut the fronts .25" like the eibachs and still be able to adjust the MRC sensors?

thanks for the help, i've been waiting impatiently on the Eibachs because of problems i've read in the past. the fact that so many of you say they've fixed the problems has me taking a second look.

Junkie414
05-26-11, 08:35 PM
Love mine!

jsanders
05-27-11, 06:07 AM
thanks for the help! gonna go for it!

Dr.Buzz
05-27-11, 08:07 AM
Love them. I get compliments all the time on the car being lowered.

baabootoo
05-28-11, 01:40 AM
are any of you guys running the competition vs the sport? differences:

1. made in the USA - it seemed the Holland made ones had a lot of complaints at first? i'm guessing that has changed?
2. "allow" up to 50% stiffer than stock (vs. sport 30%) - does this mean with sport mode on i hope? i wouldn't want them that much stiffer in touring mode
3. they're only 1" in the rear vs. the 1.25" rear which has left some buyers thinking it looked too low in the rear. can you cut the fronts .25" like the eibachs and still be able to adjust the MRC sensors?

thanks for the help, i've been waiting impatiently on the Eibachs because of problems i've read in the past. the fact that so many of you say they've fixed the problems has me taking a second look.

The stiffness would mean the spring rate, in whatever mode you chose. The MRC only changes the dampening rates; the quickness of the shocks moving. the spring rates will always be the same; 200#/inch, or whatever the progressive rate is on theirs. It will have to get "stiffer" to some degree, even in Touring Mode, since the spring rate did.

GMX322V S/C
05-28-11, 11:42 AM
^^^
Yup, with the sensors properly adjusted, the shocks compensate just fine. The only time I run sport mode is when I'm loaded down with 5 people in the car or 4 + luggage.