: Some helpful info for Eibach spring owners.....got squeaking noises?

DoingOK
05-26-11, 01:50 PM
Up until last week, my Eibach springs have been noise free. I've now got some front-end noises every time I go to slow down (loads up front end). Accelerating doesn't produce any noises but I hear it on some big bumps sometimes. I called Eibach today and we discussed the issue and possible solutions. The progressive spring may be rubbing to the point of causing noise and they provided me a part number (UB0205-5) for a spring isolator. It basically is a thin hardened rubber sleeve with internal adhesive to keep the springs separated. I'll let you know how it works out. I know D3 has nylon sleeving to perform this basic function as well with their units. Just giving you guys a heads up.

musclesbmf
05-26-11, 04:01 PM
Anxious to "hear" the results. Please keep us posted.

Mark

GMX322V S/C
05-26-11, 04:09 PM
While you're at it, might want to ask Eibach how they're dealing with re-homing the MRC sensors. The rears are adjustable to some degree, but the fronts are not.

haterinc
05-26-11, 05:07 PM
that is what i'm waiting to hear about as well

kirbyCTSV
05-26-11, 08:35 PM
def waiting to hear as well...would love to lower my 4x4 lookin sedan but not likin the stories im hearing.

DoingOK
06-03-11, 09:03 AM
Here is what I got mailed to me from Eibach. They said I would only need one per side in the front as there is only one "progressive" coil that may touch another. I asked for extras. They have a split so you do not have to remove the coils for installation. There is also a line of sticky glue inside that prevents sliding or shifting:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v16/G35Coupe/Car%20stuff/DSC05517.jpg

kirbyCTSV
06-03-11, 09:45 AM
are these basically the same sleeves D3 uses?

musclesbmf
06-03-11, 09:50 AM
are these basically the same sleeves D3 uses?

I ordered mine too and will receive them next week. Thanks for finding this for everyone.
The sleeves D3 uses is a nylon sleeve. functionally it is ok, but the issue is that it can bunch up, etc.

Mark

DoingOK
06-03-11, 11:09 AM
Also........you do not have to remove the springs to install, just jack up the car to unload the spring. These are designed exactly for isolating coils.

baabootoo
06-04-11, 12:58 AM
Wow, that IS a clever design for sure.

DoingOK
06-04-11, 02:01 AM
Installed one coil isolator on each side and 98.2% of the noise is now gone. I could see where the top coils have been rubbing against each other (paint scratched/marred) and most likely caused the noise. I tried to recreate all the conditions that caused all the noise before and it is completely silent. I remember somewhere in this forum where someone talked about the hard rubber sleeve around the shock hitting against the top of the strut. I'll investigate further to see if it needs to be trimmed a little because I heard something barely perceptible that may be attributed to that sleeve material. For now, I'm relieved the noise is gone.

RichP_CTSV
06-04-11, 02:07 PM
Thank you VERY much for the info; I am going to order Monday. My eibachs, under load from braking/persons in the car/bumps, make all sorts of odd squeaks and such.

Very glad I dont have to remove the springs to install these either!

DoingOK
06-04-11, 03:18 PM
I need to verify that the little noise I hear every once in a while is that rubber shield/boot thing needing trimmed. I think it is.

baabootoo
06-05-11, 12:15 AM
Yep, that is DEFINITELY better than sliding 1/2" heater hose over the ends.........

BLitzkrieg
06-05-11, 12:55 PM
BTW you can get these tube from Summit for about $4 each

BLitzkrieg
06-06-11, 07:18 PM
I pulled my d3 spring in the front. I noticed that the top rubber spring perch has an orientation. With the upper suspension mount bolted in place and the top shock nut off, I rotated the rubber perch and spring until there was a uniform gap between it and the upper suspension mount. I also greased the area were this perch comes in contact with the spring. So far absolutely no noise. I will report back after a week.

musclesbmf
06-06-11, 11:50 PM
I pulled my d3 spring in the front. I noticed that the top rubber spring perch has an orientation. With the upper suspension mount bolted in place and the top shock nut off, I rotated the rubber perch and spring until there was a uniform gap between it and the upper suspension mount. I also greased the area were this perch comes in contact with the spring. So far absolutely no noise. I will report back after a week.

More info and pics please.

Thanks,
Mark