: What does memory lift gate really mean?

MiCR0C0SM
05-26-11, 02:23 PM
I vaguely remember my dealer trying to show me how to set the memory. Pull the gate down to a height you like and hold the close button until the car beeps and flashes. He did that and the car flashed, but it didn't remember the height. I chalked it up to it not really working as he said it did rather than an issue.

I was casually watching an SRX ad, and I saw that they said it had a memory lift gate. So if my lift gate can only close, open in full, and open in partial (I think it's the 3/4 setting or so), do I have an issue? Or is this working as designed?

Smokin' SRX
05-26-11, 03:55 PM
I vaguely remember my dealer trying to show me how to set the memory. Pull the gate down to a height you like and hold the close button until the car beeps and flashes. He did that and the car flashed, but it didn't remember the height. I chalked it up to it not really working as he said it did rather than an issue.

I was casually watching an SRX ad, and I saw that they said it had a memory lift gate. So if my lift gate can only close, open in full, and open in partial (I think it's the 3/4 setting or so), do I have an issue? Or is this working as designed?

With the control switch set to 3/4, press any button to open the power hatch. Stop it at a desired height by pressing any button. Adjust by hand some more , if desired. At desired height press and hold the button on rear hatch door for 5 seconds.
Now, with the control switch set to 3/4, it will always open to that height. You can switch to FULL height anytime needed, by just moving control switch on door, and return it for next time to 3/4, when custom height desired again.

Try it!

SS

cvettr/cts-v
05-27-11, 06:31 PM
Functions exactly as above but watch out for head room. There really is not a lot of adjustment that one can do and not hit your head putting things in / getting them out or poking someone in the eye with the corners. It is great if garage header is tight but in open air can be relatively useless and i'm only 5'10". But better to have and not need adjustability that need and not have.

Smokin' SRX
05-28-11, 12:29 AM
WOW, good advice on those points!! I can "see" it happening...... Ths for heads up.

SS

Cadillac Tony
06-02-11, 11:45 AM
To elaborate on what Smokin' said, the 3/4 setting is where the memory operates. From the factory the memory is set to open it 75% (3/4ths) of the way, but you can create a new memory position by putting the liftgate where you want by hand, then holding the button on the gate until the tail lights flash. Now it will go to the new position any time the switch is set to 3/4.