: Had the drivers rear shock replaced and now waiting on a passenger front to replace

BLitzkrieg
05-25-11, 09:41 PM
Both the shocks had a nasty creeking sound. Cadillac already replaced the rear driver's side due to the noise and a leak. Now I am waiting on a back ordered front passenger side for the same reason.

Domsz06
05-25-11, 11:02 PM
that sucks.

miamictsv
05-26-11, 10:06 AM
I am not and expert but when my front driver side got replaced they replace both no just the broken one. With shocks i believe you replace them in pairs.
My dealer told me they do not have to replace the good one on the front passenger side but they knew that shocks are replaced in pairs and did it.
That's why i do all my business with that dealership. :))

musclesbmf
05-26-11, 10:33 AM
Our shocks suck... Think I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on some KW coilovers.

BLitzkrieg
05-26-11, 10:43 AM
Our shocks suck... Think I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on some KW coilovers.

I'm waiting to replace the shock before installing the springs I got from you. Also I ordered those TSW Nurburgring 20x9 and 20x10

http://www.tsw.com/img/nurburgring_bronze_pop_std.jpg

Caddy Wagon
05-26-11, 10:50 AM
I'm waiting to replace the shock before installing the springs I got from you. Also I ordered those TSW Nurburgring 20x9 and 20x10...

Lemme know how those 20x10's work on the rear once you lower it. According to my calculations, they offsets for the 20x10 are going to stick out of the fender wells slightly. I was worried they wouldn't tuck in on a lowered car, and would rub.

BLitzkrieg
05-26-11, 11:34 AM
**Crosses Fingers**
There is an inch difference towards the fender but they garuntee that it will fit.

musclesbmf
05-26-11, 02:05 PM
Those are going to look great on your car!! Looking forward to seeing the final results.

Mark

baabootoo
05-26-11, 02:55 PM
I am not and expert but when my front driver side got replaced they replace both no just the broken one. With shocks i believe you replace them in pairs.
My dealer told me they do not have to replace the good one on the front passenger side but they knew that shocks are replaced in pairs and did it.
That's why i do all my business with that dealership. :))

I think that is "old school". These have the Magnetic Ride Control, and aren't just the simple piston/cylinder. I had both rears replaced in the last couple of weeks due to leaking over the winter.

Caddy Wagon
05-26-11, 03:01 PM
**Crosses Fingers**
There is an inch difference towards the fender but they garuntee that it will fit.

Put a straight edge against your tire in the back, and measure how much distance there is from the tire to the outside of the fender well. I'm guessing you will find it is about 10-12mm if it's the same as mine. Any more that that and you will be outside the plane of the wheel well. I know they will fit on a stock car no problem, I have seen the pictures. Not to worry you, but I am about 99.99% sure they are going to stick out of the fender well. That's why I'm anxious to see the results.

If I buy the Nurburgring's, I am going to get the 20x10.5 with the 65mm offset. Those will only extend outward 4mm from stock.

Caddy Wagon
05-26-11, 03:12 PM
If I buy the Nurburgring's, I am going to get the 20x10.5 with the 65mm offset. Those will only extend outward 4mm from stock.

Disclaimer...

I won't guarantee these will fit. I don't know anyone that has tried this yet. I was going to be the guinea pig and try it with some 305/30/20 Nitto tires. I figured there might be some clearancing to be done on the lower a-arm, and worst case I might have to use a 6mm or so spacer. Even with a 6mm spacer, that would keep me within the wheel well.

BLitzkrieg
05-26-11, 04:14 PM
Disclaimer...

I won't guarantee these will fit. I don't know anyone that has tried this yet. I was going to be the guinea pig and try it with some 305/30/20 Nitto tires. I figured there might be some clearancing to be done on the lower a-arm, and worst case I might have to use a 6mm or so spacer. Even with a 6mm spacer, that would keep me within the wheel well.

Well they garuntee it so if it doesn't work I will send it back and try the 10.5 with 65mm offset.