: Horn button emblem

48Dodge
05-25-11, 09:17 AM
I was wondering if there was any way to remove just the emblem from the horn button on the steering wheel. I know you can remove the whole airbag assembly and replace that. My emblem is slightly dented in by a PO who honked the horn a little too hard so I want to try replacing the emblem or tapping it out from the other side.

sent from my Droid Incredible

48Dodge
12-31-11, 01:15 AM
I was wondering if there was any way to remove just the emblem from the horn button on the steering wheel. I know you can remove the whole airbag assembly and replace that. My emblem is slightly dented in by a PO who honked the horn a little too hard so I want to try replacing the emblem or tapping it out from the other side.

sent from my Droid Incredible

I had the battery ground off today to work on my radio (trying to get my xm trial going) so I decided to get the airbags off and see what's what. I nearly gave up because I couldn't get the the clips off. I thought for the longest time I was pushing on the right thing but what I was hitting was only about 1" in the hole. I wiggled the Allen wrench around until I made contact with something at 1 5/8" depth. It was a metallic sound when I touched it. Anyway got both clips off and pulled the airbags off. I was able to carefully undo everything and get the horn pad cover separated. the emblem is held on by 6 or 8 clips, can't remember which. After straightening the clips the emblem could be pried off. I carefully pushed on the back of the emblem with my thumb, a flathead screwdriver and the butt of the handle of the screwdriver. It is actually pretty decent looking now. Putting everything back together is just the reverse except the hornpad assembly just pops back on.

d_v_o_1
12-31-11, 06:36 PM
Ya can easily pry the emblem off but it is the same consistency as a lite tin. So it will bend and break easily. If you just want to scrap the current one, pry it off with a knife. If you want to try and fix the emblem, take off the air bag as posted above. I have mine pried off and am looking for a replacement, but it is not very easy to find something nice. I tried to get one made of metal, but was reminded it would turn into a bullet if the bags go off. Lol Should have know.

iMotion
02-20-12, 06:19 PM
Does any one have a part number on the emblem?
Can we purchase this without the airbag?

48Dodge
02-20-12, 10:19 PM

I sure haven't seen one

Cadillac Cust Svc
02-22-12, 03:10 PM
Hi iMotion,

Your dealer might know if that's an item that can be a stand alone order. I would be happy to make a call to your dealership for you; please feel free to send me a private message with more details (name/address/VIN/dealer) and I can explore the option for you.

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service