: SRX Backseat Comfort

duke11
05-24-11, 10:47 PM
How comfortable is the backseat of the SRX? Can a 6 foot teenager sit comfortably in the backseat? Also, how is the performance of the A/C unit for the backseat passengers for the hot humid summers of New Orleans.

Kuya
05-25-11, 06:36 AM
Back seat comfort is one of the main reasons I picked the SRX. Originally we were looking at the FX35 and RX350 . . . But was shocked how crowded the back seats on those felt. I was looking for a Crossover that was fun to drive, but could also hold my parents (my Dad is a large man both tall and husky). There is no way my Dad could have fit in the FX35 . . and the egg shape of the RX350 crowds your head area. It was kinda funny cause at the infinity dealer the salesman climbed in the back to show me how big the room was in the back seat of the FX35 . . and the poor guy looked like he was getting out of a clown car!

I am 5 11, and 215. I climbed in the back when test driving the SRX, and it felt GREAT!. Both my parents have sat together in the back and have no complaints at all. They love the car and even ask me to drive them now.

As for the AC in the back . . I have the Premium, with the rear zones . . it works very very well. Although, here in NY I have only tested it in 80 degree weather so far . . this will be my first summer with the SRX.

How comfortable is the backseat of the SRX? Can a 6 foot teenager sit comfortably in the backseat? Also, how is the performance of the A/C unit for the backseat passengers for the hot humid summers of New Orleans.

Smokin' SRX
05-25-11, 09:08 AM
Kuya's report is spot on. But only for 2 people back there. Lets not forget that this is a petite SUV. Would not try a third.

The A/C for rear seat shares the front passengers temp control, not driver's. Keep that low, (60F) even if passenger in front must close/divert his vents for comfort. Definitely keep that beautiful Glass roof shade closed. And I remote start the car in very hot humid weather. The A/C will come on automatically and give you a good head start toward cooling interior. If you haven't Remote started, then as you approach the X, press and hold the Unlock button for 5 seconds. On my 2010 , all 4 windows will roll down as long as you hold the button! (2011 should also?) This gets the super heated air out and helps get things cooler as you start it up and get the A/C on fast.

SS

BobJen
05-25-11, 05:44 PM
I live in Florida we purchased the Premium SRX it has rear air and I love it!

TheCaptain
05-25-11, 06:31 PM
I just hauled a car full of five of us to Minneapolis and back, with 24*C weather the whole way and back. A couple of them were 6', and a couple were... on the larger (round) size. They didn't complain. Though they had the rear seat air on a higher fan speed then we did up front.

Smokin' SRX
05-26-11, 09:34 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot the celestial Premium model has TRI-zone A/C ! LOL My Performance only has 2 zone, thus my comment re: passenger. It still does the job if ya use my little tricks...

SS

Audioi
05-26-11, 09:08 PM
Funny that's one of our complaints, not much rear headroom and I am only 5/9.
The Audi Q5 has major rear headroom.

MarioA
05-27-11, 12:58 PM
The Audi Q5 has a drive-train hump on the rear floor making that critical middle 3rd seat uninhabitable by adult sized legs.
The SRX's flat rear floor makes the middle rear seat far more livable than the kids-only middle seat in the Q5.

If I wanted a 4 seater, I would have gotten the Camaro :2thumbs:

Smokin' SRX
05-27-11, 04:46 PM
Also, Audi does not offer a free maintenance Program for 4 years, like Caddy does. And they know how to charge!

Audioi
05-27-11, 07:24 PM
That's not all they don't offer. No remote starter on a $50k car! Plus the MMI is enough to make you insane.