: 2013 v

nynd
05-24-11, 05:26 PM
Anyone know if there are any postings of the 2013 V? All I heard was it'll be bigger... maybe more horsepower. With the Camaro ZL1 using the same V motor, looks like Ford is stepping up the GT500:

http://blogs.insideline.com/straightline/2011/03/spy-photos-zl-what-2013-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-refresh-gets-minor-upgrades-way-more-power.html

So, wondering whats in store for the new "V" assuming there will be a 2013 CTS-V...

DPL
05-24-11, 05:39 PM
I was wondering the same thing sorta...there will likely be a new CTS for 2013 but the V usually comes out 1-2 years later. I would guess the next V will be 2015.

GM-4-LIFE
05-24-11, 05:42 PM
All GM has to do is drop in an LS9 into the Camaro and they will have more than 600 lb.-ft or torque with no changes at all. Ford can shoot for 620 HP all they want, but it's the torque figure that gets the car going. Horsepower is just how fast it is making the torque. Current GT500 is making 540HP, but torque is at 500 lb.-ft. Ford motors make less torque than GM's LSx engines.

JimmyH
05-24-11, 05:53 PM
Stock for stock the new mustang is walking all over everyone, in a straight line and otherwise. So it doesn't matter.

If they stuff too much more power into these cars folks are going to have trailer them to the track as no one is going to insure them. It's already difficult to insure the ZR1.

ChicagoV
05-24-11, 05:59 PM
Assuming that the next CTS is in development, what would we want to add, delete or change for the next V?

Sequential manual transmission option?
Carbon ceramic brake option?
Lighter weight?
"ZR-1" type uber-V?
All-wheel drive?
more power (obviously)?
GT3-like track version?

Just some thoughts....

Luna.
05-24-11, 06:13 PM
All GM has to do is drop in an LS9 into the Camaro and they will have more than 600 lb.-ft or torque with no changes at all. Ford can shoot for 620 HP all they want, but it's the torque figure that gets the car going. Horsepower is just how fast it is making the torque. Current GT500 is making 540HP, but torque is at 500 lb.-ft. Ford motors make less torque than GM's LSx engines.

It isn't necessarily just, "which engine has more torque." A motor with far less peak torque can propel a car down the road/track significantly faster than a motor that makes much more torque if such motor generates it's torque at a much higher RPM (the engine would actually be doing more work).

In other words, it's a combination of the two, which is how the calculation of horsepower gets some value

haterinc
05-24-11, 06:18 PM
You also have to realize that the ZR1 not the Camaro ZL1 is the Chevy pinnacle, so putting the LS9 in there is unlikely but some variant of that might make sense for the next V because GM has invested too much into those motors to keep moving past them. Hand me downs lol

serturbo
05-24-11, 06:40 PM
Stock for stock the new mustang is walking all over everyone, in a straight line and otherwise. So it doesn't matter.

Hell yeah. That new Coyote engine is kicking butt and they take well to mods.

Aurora40
05-24-11, 07:08 PM
Horsepower is just how fast it is making the torque.

How fast you can make torque is what matters. I can make 600 lb-ft of torque. But I can't do it fast.

JimmyH
05-24-11, 07:10 PM
Whatever the M5 is, the CTS-V will be comparable. My guess, at this point, is wheelbase increased to 116", curb weight of 4400 lbs, and 600 hp. MSRP, $80k.

Domsz06
05-24-11, 07:12 PM

If they stuff too much more power into these cars folks are going to have trailer them to the track as no one is going to insure them. It's already difficult to insure the ZR1.

u can't be serious?? Difficult um no, expensive, well if you can afford one you don't care. My brother has one and he just got his liscense back as he had it suspended from tickets, and he has insurance on it.

JimmyH
05-24-11, 07:17 PM
If you say so.

Anabolicz
05-25-11, 12:23 PM
When and if the 12' V comes out, how much will the 09-11 models price drop?
Ty for any estimates

JimmyH
05-25-11, 01:53 PM
u can't be serious?? Difficult um no, expensive, well if you can afford one you don't care. My brother has one and he just got his liscense back as he had it suspended from tickets, and he has insurance on it.

Just for kicks, I got a quote. More than double what I am paying for my Camaro SS. My agent said, though, there are many insurance companies that won't take the ZR1. After some more totaled ZR1s start showing up on actuarial reports, I suspect there will be more.

Domsz06
05-25-11, 03:18 PM
Just for kicks, I got a quote. More than double what I am paying for my Camaro SS. My agent said, though, there are many insurance companies that won't take the ZR1. After some more totaled ZR1s start showing up on actuarial reports, I suspect there will be more.

Expensive yeah I have no doubt. But like I said if you can afford the car insurance isn't an issue. My brother has had no problem insuring it. I would suspect it also depends on where your located. Down here the zr1 is chump change and horsepower.... One thing I have learned in higher end cars is that there are special insurance agencies that the avg person doesn't know about and they have no problem insuring.

serturbo
05-25-11, 03:34 PM
Down here the zr1 is chump change and horsepower....

No doubt about that. You guys do cars right down there.

Domsz06
05-25-11, 03:43 PM
No doubt about that. You guys do cars right down there.

it's scary when your nobody unless your 1000hp or more, and in all honesty 1000hp is turning into nothing.... freaking insane.

Hogg
05-27-11, 09:18 AM
You also have to realize that the ZR1 not the Camaro ZL1 is the Chevy pinnacle, so putting the LS9 in there is unlikely but some variant of that might make sense for the next V because GM has invested too much into those motors to keep moving past them. Hand me downs lol

The 1998-2002 F-body never did get the full LS6 engine that the 2001-2004 C5 ZO6 got. The 97-04 C5 had the 345-350hp rating while the 98-02 F-body got stuck with the 305-325hp rating(depending on induction). The F body and Y body LS1 are exactly the same, but gM couldnt have their vette have competition from the F-body.
The rating systems have changed since then, so we are getting accurate and directly comparative engine power ratings with anything using the SAE "Cerified Power" testing. A good example of the newer rating was the STS-V-469hp and the XLR-V-443 hp from teh same engine with slightly different intake and exhausts. Before the newer rating system, theres a good chance that both would have been rated at 470hp. Before 2005 we didnt see, odd numbers like that, they were usually rounded to the nearest 5 or 10hp.

peace
Hog

856V
05-27-11, 09:54 AM
RS6 done... love audi's

Assuming that the next CTS is in development, what would we want to add, delete or change for the next V?

Sequential manual transmission option?
Carbon ceramic brake option?
Lighter weight?
"ZR-1" type uber-V?
All-wheel drive?
more power (obviously)?
GT3-like track version?

Just some thoughts....

JFJr
05-27-11, 01:01 PM
Hopefully we'll see the "smart windshield" with data capability as in the Corvette HUD. The current "V" is so smooth and sneaky quick that I'm constantly monitoring my ground speed. :lildevil:

Jud

cdog533
05-27-11, 01:09 PM
Expensive yeah I have no doubt. But like I said if you can afford the car insurance isn't an issue. My brother has had no problem insuring it. I would suspect it also depends on where your located. Down here the zr1 is chump change and horsepower.... One thing I have learned in higher end cars is that there are special insurance agencies that the avg person doesn't know about and they have no problem insuring.

Insurance on my Veyron is about $40K per year, with a one-time upfront fee of $100K due to the high potential loss value.

Titaniumseeker
05-27-11, 09:17 PM
The 2012 M5 will be a twin Turbo V8 producing 560 HP, somewhere around 508 lb of torque, 0-60 in about 4 secs and a top speed of 188. MSRP is expected to be listed at $90K but you can bet it will not go for under 6 figures. Release is for mid-summer 2011.

JimmyH
05-28-11, 03:45 PM
Insurance on my Veyron is about $40K per year, with a one-time upfront fee of $100K due to the high potential loss value.

you have a Veyron?

JFJr
05-28-11, 04:18 PM
The 2012 M5 will be a twin Turbo V8 producing 560 HP, somewhere around 508 lb of torque, 0-60 in about 4 secs and a top speed of 188. MSRP is expected to be listed at $90K but you can bet it will not go for under 6 figures. Release is for mid-summer 2011.Based on what some of you have done with mild engine mods, couldn't Cadillac spend about $1,000 on additional OEM performance parts for the 2013 and blow that overpriced M off the map?

Jud
(Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk)

cdog533
06-02-11, 12:08 AM
you have a Veyron?

Well, no.

But for the purposes of the internet, yes I do.

The quote is real though.

translux
06-02-11, 07:57 AM
Better traction via wider stock tires

Vrocks
06-02-11, 01:50 PM
The 2012 M5 will be a twin Turbo V8 producing 560 HP, somewhere around 508 lb of torque, 0-60 in about 4 secs and a top speed of 188. MSRP is expected to be listed at $90K but you can bet it will not go for under 6 figures. Release is for mid-summer 2011.
I was just checking out pictures of the '12 M5's engine and the intercoolers are much larger than the intercoolers used on the X5 M. I'd be very surprised if it's "only" 560HP, I'm thinking at least 600 HP.

Junkie414
06-02-11, 02:02 PM
No offense but I'm going to disagree with the generalized statement of "Torque is what gets the car moving"

Heres my other car. 1200hp/800ft.lbs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcqDLfJgHOQ&feature=related

Torque is great to a certain point depending on how the specific vehicle is setup and how well it can be used.

Domsz06
06-02-11, 03:31 PM
Based on what some of you have done with mild engine mods, couldn't Cadillac spend about $1,000 on additional OEM performance parts for the 2013 and blow that overpriced M off the map?

I'd pay 5k more for a 100k warranty on a cts-v with a stock CAI, 9.5, and larger injectors. Just saying... (and yeah it would smoke the m5 :))

Jud
(Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk)

I'd pay 5k more for a 100k warranty on a cts-v with a stock CAI, 9.5, and larger injectors. Just saying... (and yeah it would smoke the m5 :))

Caddy Wagon
06-02-11, 10:51 PM
Read this article. It mentions the next gen Corvette and the V as well.

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/next-corvette-will-be-powered-by-small--high-revving-turbo-v-8.html

JimmyH
06-03-11, 03:39 PM
They have said similar things leading up to every generation's release. I will believe it when it comes in a GM press release or product demo.

Let me discredit them right here:

The switch to a smaller, turbocharged V-8 isn’t exclusive to GM, incidentally. Ford made the move with its big F-Series pickup for 2011, offering a downsized EcoBoost twin-turbo V-6 — which delivers the same sort of towing power as the F-150′s biggest V-8, while yielding significant fuel economy improvements.

That "significant" fuel economy improvement is 1 mpg highway :lol:

CTSVKINGWAGON
08-23-11, 02:45 PM
The next gen 'Vette is due for 2013, so that leaves the LS9 open for use in the CTS-V and ZL1. I think the CTS-V should lighten up and switch to an awd architecture and leave the rwd to the ZL1. And GM, if you're going to keep putting automatics in your performance cars, at least make them quick. The dual-clutch PDK in the Panamera is giving it an edge, along with the awd.

JimmyH
08-23-11, 03:47 PM
The dual-clutch PDK in the Panamera is giving it an edge, along with the awd.

until it breaks

rodinoma
09-10-11, 07:10 AM
The new CTS will arrive no sooner than the 2014 MY, or September 2013. Like one of the posters above stated, the V-series will probably arrive a year later in MY 2015. It is doubtful that it will have the same 6.2 litre V8 because of tightening economy and pollution regulations. I suspect it will have a supercharged version of the likely 5.5 litre V8 of the C7 Corvette. On my wish list is a much less cluttered interior, a TFT instrument panel with a number of different visual options (track, highway, city) in both English and metric (for those who take their vehicles to Canada, Mexico, Europe, Australasia and the Middle East) and thus can accurately see how fast they are travelling above '200'. Ditto for the GPS system - it should be loaded with software that allows it to be used everywhere in the world where our Defense Department satellites broadcast. I would also like to see an AWD option and a more sophisticated pallette of exerior paint colors. Ditto for the interior. The Recaro seats need to be improved and the rear seats should have optional power and rear seat DVDs built in at the factory. There should be a number of wheel options in competition gray and the yellow calipers should be made available with all exterior colors and not limited as they are now. The fuel tank should be at least 18 gallons and and not 16 gallons as it is now. For those of us who have driven these cars in Australia or Europe at average speeds of 100 mph+ the tank empties every two hours and that is a nuisance - especially when spending $120+ at every fill up.

elphil
09-10-11, 01:55 PM
Nice write up. The way the V eats gas it may seem like it has a 16 gallon tank, but it is 18 gallons.

rodinoma
09-10-11, 02:03 PM
You are right - I stand corrected. Then it needs a 20 gallon tank. I drove a friend's CTS-V in Italy last summer from Milan to Rome and because the speeds where anywhere from 200 to 260 km/h on average I was filling up the tank every two hours!

JimmyH
09-10-11, 02:13 PM
The new CTS will arrive no sooner than the 2014 MY, or September 2013. Like one of the posters above stated, the V-series will probably arrive a year later in MY 2015. It is doubtful that it will have the same 6.2 litre V8 because of tightening economy and pollution regulations. I suspect it will have a supercharged version of the likely 5.5 litre V8 of the C7 Corvette. On my wish list is a much less cluttered interior, a TFT instrument panel with a number of different visual options (track, highway, city) in both English and metric (for those who take their vehicles to Canada, Mexico, Europe, Australasia and the Middle East) and thus can accurately see how fast they are travelling above '200'. Ditto for the GPS system - it should be loaded with software that allows it to be used everywhere in the world where our Defense Department satellites broadcast. I would also like to see an AWD option and a more sophisticated pallette of exerior paint colors. Ditto for the interior. The Recaro seats need to be improved and the rear seats should have optional power and rear seat DVDs built in at the factory. There should be a number of wheel options in competition gray and the yellow calipers should be made available with all exterior colors and not limited as they are now. The fuel tank should be at least 18 gallons and and not 16 gallons as it is now. For those of us who have driven these cars in Australia or Europe at average speeds of 100 mph+ the tank empties every two hours and that is a nuisance - especially when spending $120+ at every fill up.

^$100k CTS-V :thumbsup:

elphil
09-10-11, 02:20 PM
A week ago I received an online survey from Cadillac asking me for changes I would like to see on future CTSs. One of my recommendations was a 24 gallon fuel tank.
Back in the day, a friend had a 1955 Mercedes 300SL Gull Wing. The car weighed less then 3500lbs and had a fuel capacity of 130 liters or 34.3 US gallons.

warpark
09-10-11, 07:49 PM
you can't get the stock power to the ground in a c6zo6 now-

european exotic car buyers are flocking to gm horsepower because its so much so cheap.

foolish to compete with the foreign exotics by thinking gm should build their cars more like them.

it's the price of gm's supercars that is more and more making the german and italian exotics look silly.

gm, for the moment, rules.

JFJr
09-10-11, 08:18 PM
I like the 5.5 liter V8 that is now being run in the Corvette C6R in Le Mans racing. It will have to be blown for the heavy "V," like the German super sedan competitors. Only minor tweaks, if any, will be needed in the suspension and brakes, which leads us to the less important features. I hope that the Nav system will have the ability to be updated over the cell system, avoiding the clunky, expensive, DVD updates. Also, I like the existing gauge package as long as it can be customized, and the offer of an optional "smart windshield" that includes a customizable heads-up display would make a lot of us happy. Finally, always offer the manual transmission; it is so good now that maybe other enthusiasts who think that automatics are the answer will "get it."

Jud

EuroTrash
09-10-11, 08:37 PM
I would LOVE me some turbo action on a v8...

OMNOM gt40's on a v8

Its the stuff my boyhood dreams were made of.

rodinoma
09-11-11, 06:28 AM
I'm glad you suggested to them a 24-gallon gas tank. I also agree with the other writer about a proper heads-up display in color - just like what I have on my STS-v. And I agree with the third writer about the unbelievable good value of GM's supercars versus the Europeans.

For some reason all GM cars have small gas tanks. I think they do this deliberately because when drivers fill their tanks they 'spend' less money and therefore infer that the cars consume less gas. Other wise from an engineering perspective I cannot understand why gas tanks cannot be larger. Another design issue with all GM cars is that rear windows do not roll down all the way. This, I have always thought, cheapens the image of the cars. Most Japanese and almost all German cars have rear windows that roll down all the way. There are also a number of design changes that GM has started putting on their cars shipped around the world that they leave off their US vehicles for cost reasons. First of all it helps to understand that there are two centers of automotive regulations in the world - FMVSS (Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards) in the US, Mexico and Canada and the EU-UN standard in the rest of the world. There are myriad differences between the two standards but the better standard is the EU-UN one because it has continued to evolve whereas our own FMVSS has remained static. Many years ago, the mortality rate on the US roads was lower than in Europe - it is now higher notwithstanding the fact that speed limits in Europe are generally higher and even where speed limits are 81 mph (130 km/h) drivers can easily drive at 200 km/h with only small penalties. And of course on some parts of the German highway system there is no speed limit at all.

The most noticeable EU-UN standard that US manufacturers have to adopt is the pedestrian safety standard. Hoods have to slope a certain way to absorb the energy from hitting pedestrians. Since Cadillac now sells around the world they have to design their cars to take this into account. This is the reason the 6th generation of the Corvette eliminated flip up headlights - they are now illegal under EU-UN and also why the Jaguar mascot on the hood can now only be seen in North America. Jaguar buyers in Europe and Asia and Africa make do with a cloisonne emblem. The most noticeable exterior differences between a Cadillac CTS-v sold in the US and one sold in the rest of the world is the clear tail lenses which incorporate the amber turn signals. Under EU-UN all turn signals have to be amber and even US NHTSA studies have shown that drivers take more notice when the color of the turn signal is different from the brake light color. However FMVSS believes that this is not a worthwhile safety feature, probably because most US drivers don't use their turn signals to indicate a lane change. Under EU-UN there also has to be a turn signal lamp on each fender (or side mirror) so that from 180 other drivers can always see a turn signal flicking. Essential in Europe since roundabouts are much more common than in the US and also because on highways European drivers indicate lane changes. Another difference is that all EU-UN vehicles have to be sold with front and rear tow hooks so that when your car breaks down it can be hooked and hoisted up on to the flat bed without damaging the undercarriage or suspension. But not in the US because it is not a requirement and we are left to deal with the damage. Another requirement is that all halogen, HD or LED headlights have to have headlamp washers. All Cadillacs except for the Escalade have headlamp washers. This must have been an oversight because when Cadillac exported the Escalade to Europe they had to rreplace its cool HD headlights with standard lamps because they did not make headlamp washers standard. I don't know about you but when it is dark and dirty out there I like to know where I am going. It is for this reason that the Corvette has headlamp washers on the EU-UN version but not the US one. If you can find it on the web, take a look at the European Camaro vs the US version. It comes with headlamp washers, parking sensors, larger side mirrors with turn signals built in (very sophisticated look in my opinion) and a completely different rear fascia with 'sunglass' LEDs with amber turn signals.

Harry_Wild
09-16-11, 03:02 AM
Interesting differences!

mberisha
09-16-11, 03:16 AM
I'm glad you suggested to them a 24-gallon gas tank. I also agree with the other writer about a proper heads-up display in color - just like what I have on my STS-v. And I agree with the third writer about the unbelievable good value of GM's supercars versus the Europeans.

For some reason all GM cars have small gas tanks. I think they do this deliberately because when drivers fill their tanks they 'spend' less money and therefore infer that the cars consume less gas. Other wise from an engineering perspective I cannot understand why gas tanks cannot be larger. Another design issue with all GM cars is that rear windows do not roll down all the way. This, I have always thought, cheapens the image of the cars. Most Japanese and almost all German cars have rear windows that roll down all the way. There are also a number of design changes that GM has started putting on their cars shipped around the world that they leave off their US vehicles for cost reasons. First of all it helps to understand that there are two centers of automotive regulations in the world - FMVSS (Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards) in the US, Mexico and Canada and the EU-UN standard in the rest of the world. There are myriad differences between the two standards but the better standard is the EU-UN one because it has continued to evolve whereas our own FMVSS has remained static. Many years ago, the mortality rate on the US roads was lower than in Europe - it is now higher notwithstanding the fact that speed limits in Europe are generally higher and even where speed limits are 81 mph (130 km/h) drivers can easily drive at 200 km/h with only small penalties. And of course on some parts of the German highway system there is no speed limit at all.

The most noticeable EU-UN standard that US manufacturers have to adopt is the pedestrian safety standard. Hoods have to slope a certain way to absorb the energy from hitting pedestrians. Since Cadillac now sells around the world they have to design their cars to take this into account. This is the reason the 6th generation of the Corvette eliminated flip up headlights - they are now illegal under EU-UN and also why the Jaguar mascot on the hood can now only be seen in North America. Jaguar buyers in Europe and Asia and Africa make do with a cloisonne emblem. The most noticeable exterior differences between a Cadillac CTS-v sold in the US and one sold in the rest of the world is the clear tail lenses which incorporate the amber turn signals. Under EU-UN all turn signals have to be amber and even US NHTSA studies have shown that drivers take more notice when the color of the turn signal is different from the brake light color. However FMVSS believes that this is not a worthwhile safety feature, probably because most US drivers don't use their turn signals to indicate a lane change. Under EU-UN there also has to be a turn signal lamp on each fender (or side mirror) so that from 180 other drivers can always see a turn signal flicking. Essential in Europe since roundabouts are much more common than in the US and also because on highways European drivers indicate lane changes. Another difference is that all EU-UN vehicles have to be sold with front and rear tow hooks so that when your car breaks down it can be hooked and hoisted up on to the flat bed without damaging the undercarriage or suspension. But not in the US because it is not a requirement and we are left to deal with the damage. Another requirement is that all halogen, HD or LED headlights have to have headlamp washers. All Cadillacs except for the Escalade have headlamp washers. This must have been an oversight because when Cadillac exported the Escalade to Europe they had to rreplace its cool HD headlights with standard lamps because they did not make headlamp washers standard. I don't know about you but when it is dark and dirty out there I like to know where I am going. It is for this reason that the Corvette has headlamp washers on the EU-UN version but not the US one. If you can find it on the web, take a look at the European Camaro vs the US version. It comes with headlamp washers, parking sensors, larger side mirrors with turn signals built in (very sophisticated look in my opinion) and a completely different rear fascia with 'sunglass' LEDs with amber turn signals.

Don't forget auto-leveling and manually adjustable headlights....as well as the ability to have both your headlights and driving lights on at the same time on the EU spec cars.....

Jpjr
09-16-11, 05:08 AM
The only thing I know about the new V is you are looking at 2014 earliest so get used to enjoying your V2.

With the new V I believe we will see GM slow down the "horsepower war" they have waged the last few years and focus instead on other aspects of performance (i.e., weight, launch control, handling, etc.). That doesn't mean a big drop in hp, just not the 150hp+ increase we saw from V1 to V2.

rodinoma
09-16-11, 06:05 AM
I agree with both of you - I like the auto-levelling headlights and that is also something else not offered in the US for cost reasons. And yes, we have seen the peak in hp - the focus will move to weight, brakes, handling, etc.

JimmyH
09-16-11, 11:34 AM
Don't count on it. All reports point to alpha being very heavy. Supposedly the ats is going to approach 4000 lbs. If that's true figure at least another couple hundred pounds for the cts.

rodinoma
09-16-11, 12:08 PM
You are probably right about the weight. Cadillac could make its vehicles lighter but it faces three headwinds that European manufacturers do not face in their home market. I call them the three lows: Low gas prices; low speed limits and low retail prices and these three are inter-related. Cadillac could very easily slim down its porkers by replacing steel with aluminum and magnesium and other lighter materials. However this would push up retail prices and in the brutally competitive US market that is hard to do. The buyer is not that sensitive because gasoline is $4.00/gallon and not $9-10/gallon like it is in Europe and itherefore does not care about an increase of 1-2 mpgs. A European is much more sensitive to this issue and is used to paying 50-60% more for his car than the American. And finally, since we dont get to drive at the high speeds common throughout Europe the extra 400 lbs are not that noticeable - whereas they are when you are braking from 150 mph.

DxxB
02-09-12, 06:15 PM
I think its going to be in 2014 for the new gen to come. That's because of the hybrid ELR that would replace the CTS coupe, and the XLR that will replace the V coupe. Maybe 65k for the elr and 100k for the xlr? I bet its going to be a convertible for both models.

http://images.thecarconnection.com/med/cadillac-elr_100359495_m.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUflJFpvoL0

http://www.cadillac.com/elr-electric-car.html

Sounds logical?

Anyways, that's what I think. we'll just have to wait and see.

hutch66
02-09-12, 06:32 PM
The Mustang still uses a solid rear axle. Honestly, what's all the hype about?

JD03Cobra
02-10-12, 12:22 PM

You don't see any hype about a 650hp 200 mph factory Cobra? I sure do...looking forward to the performance numbers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WEqroaDqHtA

SleeperCTSV
02-11-12, 05:29 AM
If the XLR were to look like the ELR but have the drivetrain of a V2, I'd be all over it. The ELR is how a sport lux coupe should look except for those ugly headlights. lol.

Jpjr
02-12-12, 06:14 AM

When a 650hp Mustang with an SLA walks you on the freeway, you will wonder why you said this.

But wait, you're modded? So is he :)

-V2 + Cobra owner

chris1268
03-07-12, 09:28 AM
I heard from some Caddy sources that it will be a 2014 change to the V with "subtantial" changes. I am not sure what that means and have no specifics but I do know it will be a 2014 model.