: Passenger side air duct removal ??

Razorecko
05-24-11, 12:11 PM
Anyone know if there is anything of vital importance behind the passenger fog/air duct ? I have a couple nice fog screen covers that I plan on using to limit debris hitting my drivers side air filter and am thinking of pulling the passenger side duct also to increase more airflow into the engine. Yesterday running at idle I put my hand in the inner front drivers side fender infront of the hole you get from pulling the drivers side duct and hot air was blowing like crazy out of it. This would mean it acts as a good method of pulling hot air out. And two is better than one

musclesbmf
05-24-11, 01:37 PM
Nothing there. I have removed both of mine.

Mark

cbloveday
05-24-11, 01:56 PM
I was wondering this same thing some time ago, but got side tracked into another matter.

I think I will remove mine as well.

PhxTriode
05-24-11, 03:00 PM
There is a bracket holding the washer reservior fairly close to the opening. But to be honest it is pretty confined and wouldn't aloow for to much airflow.

Razorecko
05-24-11, 03:02 PM
I even have a heat extractor in mind putting down there but want to check iats after each mod. Also added 3" to drop the green filter lower and made a heat shield for the w4me intake up top