: Steering feel

hulksdaddy
05-24-11, 10:57 AM
My steering seems to have a "rubbing" feel to it. You can really feel it by turning it back and forth slightly. The V's I drove at Monticello yesterday did not have it. Any ideas?

My fluid is fine.

GMX322V S/C
05-24-11, 02:36 PM
Mine has that feeling too. I can also hear a corresponding rubbing noise at times. In other cars I've owned, it's been a circular sliding electrical contact inside the column. On one car, it was the top-most shaft bearing.

Bushidopupil
05-24-11, 04:58 PM
My steering seems to have a "rubbing" feel to it. You can really feel it by turning it back and forth slightly. The V's I drove at Monticello yesterday did not have it. Any ideas?

My fluid is fine.

Mine is also doing that, along with the other issue of being hard to turn....

hulksdaddy
05-24-11, 06:58 PM
Mine is also doing that, along with the other issue of being hard to turn....

When does yours go in?

Bushidopupil
05-24-11, 07:36 PM
When does yours go in?

Trying to source a TECH 2 scan tool right now, think my brother in Shreveport can get ahold of one, if so I will just go that route. Regardless of what and when I will report all findings.

hulksdaddy
05-24-11, 11:22 PM
Update: Only does it while moving. Sitting still, wheel turns smooth as can be.

hulksdaddy
06-02-11, 12:52 PM
Took it into my Chevy dealership to get a fluid change, had him check it out. No codes came up, and everything looked fine underneath. Going to have to schedule it with the Caddy dealer, see what they can find. I drove a couple V's at Monticello a couple weeks ago, and they definitely didn't have the same feel, so I'm sure there is a problem.

GAGS-V2
06-02-11, 09:41 PM
Update: Only does it while moving. Sitting still, wheel turns smooth as can be.

When mine was new (2011 coupe), I hated to park the dang thing. It rocked and rolled so hard it made it hard to enjoy the car. I had some people on here tell me it was "normal". They called it "crabbing", where it feels like the front tires are skidding.

Well, my service manager did not think it was "normal" either and changed all kinds of things. Tires, wheels, etc. nothing made it better.

What DID make it MUCH better was when the dealer changed the rear diff. fluid. Maybe that will work for you too? Please keep us advised of what you find.

hulksdaddy
06-03-11, 12:18 AM
Had the diff fluid changed already. Car's going to the Caddy dealer Tuesday. Will update as I hear.

hulksdaddy
06-12-11, 10:11 PM
Anyone else? My steering, despite what they say, ain't right. Gonna have to push the issue.

Bushidopupil
06-27-11, 10:08 PM
Well it was not very helpful for the steering, but the TECH2 did find that my left rear suspension sensor is bad, and it just started giving me the service suspension system warning light on the way to my bros house. OH WELL....Also, my car just started doing the wheel clicking on the left front wheel while turning right rrrrrrrr it's the little things I tell ya.

hulksdaddy
06-27-11, 10:16 PM
Well it was not very helpful for the steering, but the TECH2 did find that my left rear suspension sensor is bad, and it just started giving me the service suspension system warning light on the way to my bros house. OH WELL....Also, my car just started doing the wheel clicking on the left front wheel while turning right rrrrrrrr it's the little things I tell ya.

Saw you pm'd me bud. Try sending again.

When it goes in for the sensor, tell them to fix the effing steering, and then tell my dealership to fix mine. LOL

Also, try this with your car: going a decent speed , hit the brake firmly and steer back and forth. Tell me if you feel anything.

I'm really thinking the rack is defective. Just some minute imperfection that's causing a vibration under certain conditions.

Bushidopupil
06-28-11, 09:20 AM
Ok, I'll give the brake thing a try and let you know what gives. I just went from Platinum Supporter to not suporting, so I need to renew or delete before I can PM again. Leaving today for a 5 day family vacation, hit you up when I get back in town.

Hope they can find and fix yours, then maybe I can tell my dealer what to look for.

B

hulksdaddy
07-29-11, 09:04 PM
Any news?

thebigjimsho
07-29-11, 10:26 PM
I had a weird feeling at Tail of the Dragon like a sensor was kicking in quickly to act as a brake on the Stabilitrak. Like a front wheel bearing was binding for a split second. Only happened on very tight corners and haven't felt it since then...

Caddyscat
07-29-11, 11:02 PM
Have you had an alignment check recently?

Bushidopupil
07-31-11, 09:20 AM
For some reason I can't PM you Hulksdaddy. The site changed I guess when my subscription ran out. I can't even find the PM section anymore. Help a brutha out.

hulksdaddy
07-31-11, 10:21 AM
Hey bud. The pm system is down here right now. Something to do with a software update.

Anyway, what have you found out? I've decided that, in the fall, I'm going to have them start replacing stuff.

Bushidopupil
07-31-11, 09:38 PM
Ok that explains it then. No new info on the steering. I dont understand, it has been perfect. The wheels started clicking bad though and the service suspension light never comes on anymore either....strange I know.