: Black Diamond: My Dream Has Come True

zirotti
05-23-11, 09:40 PM
1st post here but just picked up my Black Diamond sedan this weekend. Unreal. The paint is the most gorgeous thing I have ever seen. Add in everything else the -V has to offer, this might be the most perfect car ever :)

Mine had every option except for the microfiber steering wheel which I am going to see if I can get swapped out.

Sorry for the crappy pics. Just took a couple iPhone shots yesterday afternoon while it was parked outside during the move.

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh13/zirotti/CTS-V/0fe4222c.jpg
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh13/zirotti/CTS-V/4bc33d72.jpg
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh13/zirotti/CTS-V/7f066f49.jpg
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh13/zirotti/CTS-V/182aea50.jpg
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh13/zirotti/CTS-V/9148d942.jpg
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh13/zirotti/CTS-V/536c335e.jpg

JOEYCTS-V
05-23-11, 09:57 PM
"nice car" even though I can't see it yet. Congrats. Good luck with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

brlong23
05-23-11, 09:58 PM
Congrats and welcome to the club!

Florian
05-24-11, 12:11 AM
thats your dream....?
you need better dreams.

F

zirotti
05-24-11, 12:17 AM
thats your dream....?
you need better dreams.

F
Wow, thanks for the warm welcome. Even better that it came from a mod. I'll be headed elsewhere.

NiceRide
05-24-11, 12:47 AM
Wow, thanks for the warm welcome. Even better that it came from a mod. I'll be headed elsewhere.

Hey bro, stick around for a while longer. Don't mind that unnecessary comment.

Congrats on the purchase. Please do a couple quick bumps so we can see some shots :D

zirotti
05-24-11, 12:50 AM
Thanks my friend. Already got a couple PMs with warm welcomes as well. Glad to know there are some good folks around here :)

zirotti
05-24-11, 12:51 AM
Hey bro, stick around for a while longer. Don't mind that unnecessary comment.

Congrats on the purchase. Please do a couple quick bumps so we can see some shots :D

Also, how you likin' the GTR? I almost squeezed the trigger on one!!

n0s4atu
05-24-11, 01:01 AM
The Black Diamond looks great! I certainly hope it's an available color in the '12. Congrats. The only flaw I see is your dealer putting their name on a $70k vehicle. I think that's awful on a honda civic, it's a sin on that V. Thank goodness it'll come off fairly easily, but it shouldn't be there at all. At least they didn't drill holes in the front of your bumper though. Welcome to the forum.

zirotti
05-24-11, 01:04 AM
The Black Diamond looks great! I certainly hope it's an available color in the '12. Congrats. The only flaw I see is your dealer putting their name on a $70k vehicle. I think that's awful on a honda civic, it's a sin on that V. Thank goodness it'll come off fairly easily, but it shouldn't be there at all. At least they didn't drill holes in the front of your bumper though. Welcome to the forum.

Haha, when I get back home this week, it will be the first thing I will be removing. They also put a small American flag in the lower passenger corner of the windshield, but I actually may leave that.

BlackDiamond
05-24-11, 01:11 AM
Sick car man! Welcome to the forums!

NiceRide
05-24-11, 01:33 AM
Also, how you likin' the GTR? I almost squeezed the trigger on one!!

Thank you for the shots!!! Really digging the yellow calipers. That Black Diamond V has got to be one of the nicest stock appearance packages to come out of any manufacturer today.

The GT-R....how am i likin it?? LOVE IT!! It's funny just yesterday I lined up with an e92 M3 at a light in my V, stomped on the gas when it turned and went nowhere, actually went sideways a bit. Then it occurred to me...I'm in a friggin rwd car, lol.

jamesdean65
05-24-11, 07:00 AM
Congrats and welcome. I just got my bd v a month ago and absolutely love the ride. had a runin with a mustang gt, he must have been modded but fell back quick when I hit 3rd an 4th. Enjoy american muscle.
JD

SleepTight
05-24-11, 09:39 AM
Welcome aboard.:wavehi:

translux
05-24-11, 10:21 AM
Nice to see you here J!
After 10,000 miles it's my dream car for sure!

Vapordoc
05-24-11, 10:37 AM
The GT-R....how am i likin it??

Then it occurred to me...I'm in a friggin rwd car, lol.

Were you on NAGTROC?

Yeah, RWD took a little getting used to. In my 10 second GTR, I could hammer it from a dig, and rocket forward. In the V, hammmer it from a dig, and it's Sit -N -Spin.

Welcome :)

NiceRide
05-24-11, 06:53 PM
Were you on NAGTROC?

Yeah, RWD took a little getting used to. In my 10 second GTR, I could hammer it from a dig, and rocket forward. In the V, hammmer it from a dig, and it's Sit -N -Spin.

Welcome :)

You must be sleepdoc on NAGTROC. I've read a few of your threads, you've had some nice accolades under your belt. Really sad to see your GT-R go though...

JimmyH
05-24-11, 08:23 PM
welcome to the forums. Black diamond is sweet.

Trapspeed
05-24-11, 09:46 PM
Congrats on the acquisition! Sweet ride for sure. I just picked up my '09 sedan a few weeks ago. I am loving it. Best car I've ever owned. Enjoy it!

Vapordoc
05-25-11, 12:17 PM
You must be sleepdoc on NAGTROC. I've read a few of your threads, you've had some nice accolades under your belt. Really sad to see your GT-R go though...

Yep, I'm sleepdoc. That user name was taken here, and I sleep 'em with Vapors, so Vapordoc will have to do... :)

I was sad to see the GTR go as well, sometimes I miss it, sometimes I don't.

Come winter, we'll see what I can do with the V. Going to shoot for some stock records..

nynd
05-25-11, 07:07 PM
Yep, I'm sleepdoc. That user name was taken here, and I sleep 'em with Vapors, so Vapordoc will have to do... :)

I was sad to see the GTR go as well, sometimes I miss it, sometimes I don't.

Come winter, we'll see what I can do with the V. Going to shoot for some stock records..

Can we ask why you got rid of it (assuming its not a personal reason - in which case no worries). Heard that maintenance costs are a nightmare and that for warranty to remain valid, it needs to be performed by "GT-R" certified dealers.. which I can see is another cash grab!

zirotti
05-25-11, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the replies!

NiceRide
05-25-11, 11:54 PM
Can we ask why you got rid of it (assuming its not a personal reason - in which case no worries). Heard that maintenance costs are a nightmare and that for warranty to remain valid, it needs to be performed by "GT-R" certified dealers.. which I can see is another cash grab!

Vapordoc just needed something with four doors and a little more practicality, but also a world beater. Looks like the V fit his bill.

Maintenance costs are reasonable for the GT-R, a bit more than the V, but nightmarish would be a gross exaggeration. Warranty work does need to be performed by a GT-R certified dealer, but maintenance can be done by anyone.

Vapordoc
05-26-11, 09:39 AM
Vapordoc just needed something with four doors and a little more practicality, but also a world beater. Looks like the V fit his bill.

Maintenance costs are reasonable for the GT-R, a bit more than the V, but nightmarish would be a gross exaggeration. Warranty work does need to be performed by a GT-R certified dealer, but maintenance can be done by anyone.

True.

I wanted the practicality of four doors, and have as much power and performance as possible. I also sort of wanted a new challenge with different goals. For me, there is something alluring about taking a stock platform to the limit. I also did not want a dead end should I get bit by the mod bug again. The V fit the bill.

The GTR was incredibly fast and durable. I had however completely exhausted the available power without spending some big $$. I couldn't see going back to stock after having all that power, and I wasn't ready to build the motor/tranny/turbo's for and additional 1/2 second and 10 -20 mph.

Domsz06
06-04-11, 07:45 AM

yup watch what you say around here. I'd say more but I'll probably get a warning for this post as it is.

Welcome to the club. If you can read between the lines there is lots of good info here.

DrumStix
06-04-11, 07:50 AM
Incredible.

Busabob
06-04-11, 09:04 AM
Car looks great man, welcome!

TMC CL65
06-04-11, 12:15 PM
Zirotti:

Beautiful car! I wish I had known that the BDE was coming out, maybe I would have waited.

Ignore the not-so-nice words...

Tom