: 3M Film

mattys_ext
05-23-11, 08:32 PM
Has anyone installed the 3M Shield on their escalade? I see I can buy it from ebay but I'm concerned that I won't do a good job installing it. Has anyone attempted it? Hard? Worth doing?

killer67
05-23-11, 09:15 PM
I used the Avery film but it is tough to install unless you know what you are doing (and I don't). Bubbles and material slipping - it can get messy especially when handling the big pieces with turns and details (front bumper, grill, etc.). Looks great and has not faded at all.

hcvone
05-24-11, 08:52 AM
It has to be applied by a pro, I can do tint on windows, and could not do an even ok job with the front bumper kit, and there are a lot of installers, but only a handful of good ones, so look around.

MrHolland
05-24-11, 02:25 PM
Im having it installed on my car tonight. The shop Im using installs for BMW and Range Rover locally. One shop I interviewed, the gentleman actually took his fat nasty little finger and drew a line in the dust on the hood where the product would terminate. So please, SHOP AROUND BEFORE YOU DO IT..... I hope I made the right choice. Ill let everyone know how it goes in a few days.

MrHolland
05-24-11, 02:30 PM
It has to be applied by a pro, I can do tint on windows, and could not do an even ok job with the front bumper kit, and there are a lot of installers, but only a handful of good ones, so look around.

Did you get a new car?? I wish I had your problems, you know choosing which Cadillac to drive in the morning and which one to drive after lunch!!!!! Sorry to highjack.