: SRX Window Replacement

Ponyman
05-23-11, 02:11 PM
My wife's SRX got the passenger side front window cracked in a hailstorm last week. No other damage to the car other than the window. Just a random large stone IK guess, it could have been much worse with a lot of body damage. She works at the fire department and was moving it in. Anyway. $400 to have that particular window replaced. Of course jy deductible is $500.

Marc NY
05-27-11, 06:23 AM
For a couple of dollars a year with my insurance company you can get full glass coverage with zero deductible (well worth it). Make sure you request a GM OEM window replacement and not some inferior generic brand.

*I have it for the rare occasion of a cracked windshield by a stone or some other object. I.E. a MAD spouce with a golf club etc :rollingpin: :rolleyes:

Ponyman
05-27-11, 08:00 AM
Thanks, I might have to look into that. First broken window i have ever had in 40 years of driving, so so far I am probably ahead of the curve. Of that is wht i said when i dropped my cell phone in the water at work and ruined it. never carried insurance on it, so after all these years, I am still ahead. Tht is assuming I don't do it again anytime soon. Yeah, marc, they replaced it with a genuine GM glass. I maded sure of that. An aftermarket piece might not have had quite the same tint to it.

sube5186
05-30-11, 02:49 PM
They replaced it with a genuine GM glass. I made sure of that. An aftermarket piece might not have had quite the same tint to it.

Never mind the tint. The driver's window, front passenger's window and windshield are made of a special acoustically laminated glass which blocks out sounds to enhance cabin quietness. Page 11 of the brochure.

Sube