: Electrical Problem???

Giddy
05-23-11, 12:41 PM
I went to leave this morning and my 2008 STS4 did some weird things. It would not start and went dead when I pushed the start button. Then the poer came on and a whole host of problems came up on dash. Stability Systemem needs Serrvice, Steering Needs Service, Lane Departure needs service, it just kept listing everything needs service. I hit the start button and it went dead again. It is a holiday here in Canada so I cannot call the dealer.

Any suggestions and are these cars safe to have towed to the dealership?

Thax.

GG

ddalder
05-23-11, 12:51 PM
If I had to guess, I'd say your battery is a likely candidate. This is known to be one of the weaker point of these cars. With all the electronics in these cars, those messages aren't entirely surprising. It is not likely at all that every one of those systems failed simultaneously so therefore, I'd consider a more "general" cause. Knowing about the battery problems, this would be my starting point. As much as I shudder at the thought of taking a car to Canadian Tire for service, this would be a possibility for the holiday if there's one close to you. Otherwise it may be tomorrow.

Giddy
05-23-11, 01:33 PM
Thanks Dalder.

I went out and tryed it again. The car started up like always. No problem at all. I will try it again later.

I forgot my cell phone charger at the office and used the car last night to charge it. I cannot see how that could affect it, but is the only thing out of the norm that I have done with the car. I will call the dealership tomorrow.

ChrisHall
05-25-11, 03:19 PM
Same thing happened to me last week. All my problem warming lights flashed. In my car, under the drives seat, there is a rectangular connector (1" x 1" x 2") that terminates about 25-30 wires. One of the wires here had broken because the seat moves back and forth every time you exit it I guess. Dealer pulled the info on tis connector and re-attached wire.