: Help! Vehicle shaking on idle...

lorrendaray
05-23-11, 12:31 PM
About a week ago I was driving my vehicle and out of the blue the check engine light came on. Also the vehicle started stalling like it was misfiring or something, and when I got to a higher speed the check engine light began flashing.
I took the vehicle to auto zone to see if they could read the problem from the check engine light and it came up with these codes.

P0300 - Random Multiple Misfire
P0305 - Cylinder 5 Misfire
P2096 - Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System too Lean Bank 1
P0306 - Cylinder 6 Misfire

The guys there told me I should change the spark plugs for that was what causes misfires and put this fuel injection cleaner in the gas.

First thing we did was put the fuel injection cleaner in. Still car was shaking. So this weekend as hard as it was I changed out all spark plugs in the vehicle. I thought things were good. The check engine light had dissappated and there was a little shaking but not much I figured it would just go away.

Now this morning I go out to run errands and the check engine light comes back on and when I press the gas the engine light is flashing again, not o mention the vehicle is still shaking. What should I do?

rics8
05-23-11, 02:26 PM
wow you will need to find a dealer if you have warranty, if not you need to see if your heads are messed up.
and unplug your battery and back again and see if the car resets itself.

EChas3
05-23-11, 11:33 PM
Injector cleaner rarely solves a misfire problem. Replace the plugs with OEM. If it persists, you likely have a coil problem. Seek a dealer or do it yourself but use OEM parts.

ChrisHall
05-25-11, 03:14 PM
You're in luck, kinda. The 2008 model has individual coils. Others, it is one unit that does all. You may just need to change the 5 and 6 coil or even one. Have them read the codes again to see if one is fixed with new plug. I just went through the same problem this weekend, but for me it was just the #2 misfire. They changed the #2 plug and switched the #2 and #4 coil packs incase the problem came back to see if the misfire moved with pack.

Cheers,
Chris