: Service Manual

Fireverm
05-23-11, 09:27 AM
Hello all,

Just received my 2011 CTS-V Sedan 1.5 weeks ago and I absolutely love this car. Mine has the 6-speed, Black Diamond tri-coat (and all that entails), Ultraview, and suede wheel and shifter.

I have wasted no time in starting the upgrades but cannot seem to find a place online to get a service manual. Does anyone have a link or know where I can pick one up? I don't care whether it is hard copy or electronic, although I prefer electronic.

Thanks guys.

CTSV4now
05-23-11, 09:33 AM
You can call Lindsay Cadillac Parts Department and talk to Luke.

Click the banner to the right, they are listed.

Caddy Wagon
05-23-11, 09:47 AM
http://www.helminc.com/helm/homepage.asp?r=

CTSV4now
05-23-11, 09:51 AM
Cheaper if you get them from Luke.......... but its not my money.

Fireverm
05-24-11, 11:10 AM
Cheaper if you get them from Luke.......... but its not my money.

I'm not seeing that banner, do you have the link or the number? Thanks.

CTSV4now
05-24-11, 11:28 AM
888-894-1729

tedcmiller
05-24-11, 02:47 PM
You can get both a paper and an CD version of the service manual from Helm. However, the CD covers everything that GM makes and is more expensive than the paper version of the CTS/CTS-V manual (at least four volumns).

wetcoast
05-24-11, 02:48 PM
I bought the Helm paper version and it's got everything you would need. It's just a bit cumbersome because it's four volumes and takes up about 12" of shelf space.

Fireverm
05-24-11, 02:51 PM
I bought the Helm paper version and it's got everything you would need. It's just a bit cumbersome because it's four volumes and takes up about 12" of shelf space.

Thanks for the info guys.

RippyPartsDept
05-24-11, 03:19 PM
Yeah, dealers get a cheaper price from helm so we can offer it (possibly) at a cheaper price than helm would offer it directly to you

i usually just tell customers to go get it from helm themselves

Tedboss1
08-23-11, 04:22 PM
I have found Cadillac site that gives you on line access to CTSV manuals:

http://www.cadillac.com/owners/auto-owners-manuals.html

It also has many interesting "How to videos"

http://www.cadillac.com/owners/cts-v-sedan-how-to-videos.html

Fireverm
08-23-11, 04:51 PM
I have found Cadillac site that gives you on line access to CTSV manuals:

http://www.cadillac.com/owners/auto-owners-manuals.html

It also has many interesting "How to videos"

http://www.cadillac.com/owners/cts-v-sedan-how-to-videos.html

BTW....I am still interested in an electronic copy of just the CTS-V SERVICE manual if anyone knows where to get one.

RippyPartsDept
08-23-11, 05:30 PM
you can get recent owner's manuals on the cadillac.com website
you can get older owner's manuals online at the GM owner center (hosted by yahoo) http://www.gm.com/gmownercenter/gm/

nav manuals are also available along with the normal owner's manual

nice 'how-to' link though, ted

RippyPartsDept
08-23-11, 05:31 PM
BTW....I am still interested in an electronic copy of just the CTS-V SERVICE manual if anyone knows where to get one.

did you check helm inc's website for a digital copy (cd/dvd) of the service manual?

that's the only official place to buy new (and legal)

ebay will be your best bet for a used one

Houdini
08-23-11, 05:51 PM
don't forget alldata.com... it's legal and VERY nice.

RippyPartsDept
08-24-11, 01:08 AM
Yeah alldata is nice because you get all the TSBs and other updates

Wannago
08-24-11, 02:33 PM
When I used to frequent the SRT forums, there was never a problem finding service manuals etc. for free. Too bad this site's moral compass is so accurate that our only options are to buy it. Although I do understand where the owners are coming from, I personally would still like to be able to come on here be able to download stuff like this. If anyone knows of where it could be downloaded, feel free to shoot me a PM.

cruiser68
08-24-11, 02:44 PM
Yes, free is nice but think about the effort that goes into that manual. The way I look at it, I have saved WAY more than $150 by having the Service Manuals for my last few vehicles. As I am one that still likes to work on his cars, I find it invaluable and WELL worth the price. Besides, I usually sell them for about half what I paid for it after I sell the car. All in all a good investment. The schematics alone on my 08 probably saved me hours of labor working out the stereo wiring for my upgrade.

EricVonHa
08-24-11, 03:25 PM
Yeah alldata is nice because you get all the TSBs and other updates

The common name for "AllData" is "No Data". They really need to take the time to be more model specific. And, this specifically applies to the CTS-V GenII cars.

In the TPMS procedure-- they list 2 methods of retraining the wheel sensors. One way is with the wand (non-existent on these cars) and the other is key on, double press of the keyfob and tire pressure method. Why do they have the wand learning method still in there? Because it was cut and paste from somewhere else...

And, the TSB's ?? There is nothing about the "wheel clicking" on No-Data. It was easily found in Identifix, however.

Don't get me wrong, No Data is a great tool. However, the costs associated with it and their attention to detail disparity are two different things.

Wannago
08-24-11, 03:28 PM
I hear ya' cruiser....but the same argument could be made of all the time and effort that goes into e-books, mp3s, movies, pictures, etc. which are downloaded thousands of times every day. Anyone who says they don't have anything "illegal" on their computers, ipods, etc.is, well let's just say, being "less than honest."

JimmyH
08-24-11, 07:32 PM
When I used to frequent the SRT forums, there was never a problem finding service manuals etc. for free. Too bad this site's moral compass is so accurate that our only options are to buy it. Although I do understand where the owners are coming from, I personally would still like to be able to come on here be able to download stuff like this. If anyone knows of where it could be downloaded, feel free to shoot me a PM.

It's not as much about our moral compass as GM enforcing their copyrights. If Chrysler doesn't do that, that's their business.

cruiser68
08-24-11, 07:52 PM
I hear ya' cruiser....but the same argument could be made of all the time and effort that goes into e-books, mp3s, movies, pictures, etc. which are downloaded thousands of times every day. Anyone who says they don't have anything "illegal" on their computers, ipods, etc.is, well let's just say, being "less than honest."

I hear you. Some of us still feel that stealing is stealing though. And no, I do not have a single stolen item on my computers but that's just me apparently. Stealing is not ok if everybody else is doing it. Is it ok to steal in one of those flash mobs because everybody is doing it? My daughters actually pay for the books they download....just sayin.

Ok, off my soap box now :) Having said all that, I'm not the morality police and if you want to go find a copy by all means do. Just not for some of us.

Kind of like why I pay this site. I get value out of it and it is worth it to throw them a few bucks to help support the site. I could CERTAINLY view it freely and legally but I choose pay for something I receive value from. Besides, I'd be a little embarrassed if I bought a 70K vehicle and had to steal the manual :)

Wannago
08-25-11, 12:43 AM
No embarrassment here...if I could find a way to download a 70K vehicle for free, I'd do it in a heartbeat! Anyone got a link?

JimmyH
08-25-11, 12:01 PM
You are probably going to have wait a few hundred years for that one.

RippyPartsDept
08-25-11, 04:08 PM
Here you go: $70K+ vehicle download for free!

http://img2.netcarshow.com/Cadillac-Escalade_Platinum_2008_1024x768_wallpaper_01.jpg

JimmyH
08-25-11, 04:35 PM
I was watching through the wormhole, and matter teleportation (a la Tron) has had the groundwork laid. They figured out how to "teleport" information about matter (atomic sequencing) on the atomic scale. Now if they figure out (and find the computing power) to do it with billions upon billions of molecules...

Wannago
08-25-11, 08:57 PM
Here you go: $70K+ vehicle download for free!

http://img2.netcarshow.com/Cadillac-Escalade_Platinum_2008_1024x768_wallpaper_01.jpg

Cool...tell you what, once the download finishes, I'll buy the service manual!