: Anyone knows if the turn lamps is covered under warranty?

h2kool4tn
05-22-11, 10:12 PM
I just got the 2011 Premium for 1 week and I noticed the right front turn lamp is out. Well I would replace it but it's way under in the fog light compartment and it looks more complicated than normal. Since I only had the car for 6 days, can I take it to any dealer and get it fixed under the "premium care" or warranty options? Or will they charge me $50 labor and $5 light bulb? I wouldn't mind paying for just the bulb, but just 6 days?!

MrHolland
05-22-11, 10:42 PM
I would definately take it to the dealer. They'll be understanding im sure. If theyre not as understanding as you think they should be then shop around. Like my wife always says, "you catch more flies with honey than vinegar". I always accuse her of her being old after she says those things. LOL..

h2kool4tn
05-23-11, 01:30 PM
Well I called and got an appt. for 7:45 am Wednesday. Will update you all about the experience and if they charge or not. I usually do not come into the dealers for small problems like this, if it was an easy access bulbs, I would have done it myself.

Punmax
05-23-11, 03:05 PM
My truck has over 130K on it, and I've only had one bulb out (license plate). Your bulb was defective. Take it back, and I'm sure they will replace it!

evois
05-24-11, 12:56 AM
it is an easy fix. even easier if you have the dealer do it for you.

ewill3rd
05-24-11, 08:43 AM
Bulbs are covered by the factory warranty. Most bulbs in the headlamp assembly require removal of the front bumper to install.

2007XTSDub
05-24-11, 09:21 AM
Bulbs are covered by the factory warranty. Most bulbs in the headlamp assembly require removal of the front bumper to install.

Not true all the bulbs in front can be changed without removal of the front bumper.

Sent from Android.

hcvone
05-24-11, 11:29 AM
It's no worse than changing the fog light bulb and that takes less than 5 minutes from under the truck, I just changed all my fogs to LED's. :)

ewill3rd
05-24-11, 01:56 PM
That is true, using a chainsaw and axe I can replace any bulb on the car in about 3 minutes.
Thanks for the correction.

MrHolland
05-24-11, 02:13 PM
Be nice, Do you two need a time out??? LOL

h2kool4tn
05-24-11, 02:56 PM
I did take a good look at the bottom. It would require at least to get under with a jack and remove some covers because it can't be access through the front hood. The fog lamps look somewhat accessible... but the turn lamp is kind of to the side. I figured the dealer would have all the tools to work better. I would hate to crack something on a 7 days old truck.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-24-11, 02:57 PM
Well I called and got an appt. for 7:45 am Wednesday. Will update you all about the experience and if they charge or not. I usually do not come into the dealers for small problems like this, if it was an easy access bulbs, I would have done it myself.

I hope your dealer is able to take care of you. Hopefully you'll get back on the road and be able to enjoy your vehicle once more. Keep us up on how it goes for you.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

2007XTSDub
05-24-11, 07:56 PM
That is true, using a chainsaw and axe I can replace any bulb on the car in about 3 minutes.
Thanks for the correction.

Well if you want to do it that way it doesn't surprise me! Coming from a guy who says you have to take the front housing off to replace the bulbs!

Sent from Android.

h2kool4tn
05-25-11, 09:39 AM
Ok everyone. Just got back from the dealer this morning, whole service took about an hour. They did take off the front bumper to replace the front passenger turn lamp. Not sure if it was necessary, but that was what they did. Everything went smooth, probabaly the best customer service I ever had with any repair service, and totally no charge. (free car wash too, can't be any better) Many compliments on how nice the truck is... barely at 809 miles right now.

Punmax
05-26-11, 03:45 AM
Ok everyone. Just got back from the dealer this morning, whole service took about an hour. They did take off the front bumper to replace the front passenger turn lamp. Not sure if it was necessary, but that was what they did. Everything went smooth, probabaly the best customer service I ever had with any repair service, and totally no charge. (free car wash too, can't be any better) Many compliments on how nice the truck is... barely at 809 miles right now.

Awesome! And please, decline any dealer washes. At my dealer, they use the same crappy brush for every single vehicle, and it is full of dirt, which will harm your paint.

ewill3rd
05-26-11, 11:51 AM
Gee, they took off the front bumper cover?
How odd?

Oh and by the way yeah I was being a smart alec earlier. Wasn't looking to start a fight.

Doing it half assed and pulling the cover partially off, standing on one foot and hoping you don't screw anything up is not necessarily an unacceptable procedure, just not one that I would use when taking care of someone else's car.
I take the bumper cover off, not to rip someone off, but because it is easy, makes it so much more readily accessible, and it provides maximum protection to the components while the car is being serviced.
Most modern covers can easily be removed in 15 minutes or so, you will spend more than that trying to stretch and contort yourself to get access without doing it.

I have never professed that my methods are the only acceptable ones, as some might. Only that based on my twenty years' experience as a professional technician tells me what works the best FOR ME.
To each his own.

h2kool4tn
05-26-11, 11:05 PM
Awesome! And please, decline any dealer washes. At my dealer, they use the same crappy brush for every single vehicle, and it is full of dirt, which will harm your paint.

Now you tell me! Gotta get out my magnifying glasses and starting searching... :)

Punmax
05-27-11, 11:52 PM
Now you tell me! Gotta get out my magnifying glasses and starting searching... :)

For light colors, it isn't a problem, but darker Escalades, you can definitely tell!

h2kool4tn
05-28-11, 01:33 PM
For light colors, it isn't a problem, but darker Escalades, you can definitely tell!

I knew there is something good about paying extra for the tri-coats diamond thing!