: Manual Transmission Mode - help?

Kuya
05-22-11, 05:18 PM
Trying to better understand exactly what this M-anual transmission mode is and when and how to use it appropriately?

I read the manual about this, but found it a bit confusing.

I know this . . when I am in Drive, I can slide the shifter to the left and it goes into "M" mode. But when and how does this benefit ????

Sorry if this sounds like a lame question . . my cars of the past have been .. well Far from Cadillac Style lol.

I figured most everything else out in the SRX this weekend . . but this one has me a bit puzzled.

Driving: 2010 Premium AWD SRX, 20" Wheels.

Audioi
05-22-11, 07:43 PM
Manual mode is used when you want to take control of the transmission and shift it as if it were a manual. Probably something you will never do but the designers thought it would be good to copy the others.

Kuya
05-22-11, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the simple explanation . . . even I understand that :)

You are correct then. . . . I will probably have little need for it, other than to explore it once in a blue moon. I have done ALOT of driving in the last 4 days (since I bought my SRX). . . and she seems to handle the road just fine all on her own.

And contrary to what I have read everywhere . . I find the SRX has more than adequate power under any situation. Of course, I am not looking to race a Crossover . . . lol.

Manual mode is used when you want to take control of the transmission and shift it as if it were a manual. Probably something you will never do but the designers thought it would be good to copy the others.

frankrizzo135
05-22-11, 09:15 PM
I find I can use the Manual Mode when I exit the Thruway. I just slap the knob to the left and tap it to downshift coming thru the ramp to the toll booth. It works so well I don't even need or use the brakes.

Smokin' SRX
05-23-11, 12:32 PM
Ditto frankrizzo135 . I use it on hills to stay in 4th/5th gear and better eliminate tranny shifting/heavy brake use. (save the brakes!) Yes, coming round the ramp is a hoot!
Nice option!

Glad the SRX has worked out so well for you, Kuya. Pls add Premium AWD to your "Profile Signature". Will assist in answering your questions down the road..........

SS

lsandli
09-26-11, 03:46 PM
Has anyone experienced a delay in upshift when in the sport mode, especially from 1st to 2nd gear? My 2010 2wd SRX will hit the rev limiter if I do not upshift by 6000 RPM because of the delay in shift. The dealer says that it was not designed to be driven like that and I responded, so why did they provide the sport mode option if I can not control the shift. It does not make sense to me that the tranny will not shift exactly when I hit the gear shift.