05-22-11, 03:45 PM
did u buy tire & wheel insurance?

jonvontg1
05-22-11, 03:49 PM
did u buy tire & wheel insurance?

yes...ins idea to use remanuf wheel

Domsz06
05-22-11, 06:48 PM
If u bought insurance demand a new wheel tell ins to piss off.

darvish
05-22-11, 08:00 PM
I do not think this a battle worth fighting.. nothing wrong with a remanufatured wheel.. It's not a freaking hot section rebuild of a turbine.. it's a freaking wheel.

baabootoo
05-23-11, 12:07 AM
wht is a remanuf whl anyway? i always tht that there was stcok and aftermkt.

musclesbmf
05-23-11, 12:16 AM
Are they going to replace the tire with a remanufactured tire? I would think not (obv there aren't any). I would demand a GM wheel.

Mark

Caddy Wagon
05-23-11, 12:56 AM
WTH? I didn't even know they made a remanufactured wheel for the V2.

Domsz06
05-23-11, 11:09 AM
I do not think this a battle worth fighting.. nothing wrong with a remanufatured wheel.. It's not a freaking hot section rebuild of a turbine.. it's a freaking wheel.

see when you do this your letting the insurance company tell you what to do. I'm sorry, but insurance bullies companies all the time, I've had my fight with all kinds of insurance and it's a bunch of crap. Insurance companies shouldn't be telling us what to do, or telling my Dr's what I can and can't have. Since when did they become the experts? IMO FWIW, demand a new wheel. You pay the premium.

Xtreme70SS
05-23-11, 06:40 PM
see when you do this your letting the insurance company tell you what to do. I'm sorry, but insurance bullies companies all the time, I've had my fight with all kinds of insurance and it's a bunch of crap. Insurance companies shouldn't be telling us what to do, or telling my Dr's what I can and can't have. Since when did they become the experts? IMO FWIW, demand a new wheel. You pay the premium.

My thoughts exactly - but you're paying for it one way or the other.

baabootoo
05-24-11, 12:07 AM
I'm wondering if they meant a used, but good wheel, as opposed to a brand new one. You know, like when a body shop uses fenders from another car and repaints them, as opposed to a brand new fender.

thebigjimsho
05-24-11, 12:16 PM
Insurance companies are to make you whole again. You have the right to demand OEM parts when it comes to auto body and mechanicals.

Did you actually get the individual tire and wheel insurance from the dealer when purchasing the car? Mine has no deductible and will cover any wheel or tire that is on the car. There is no dickering with the insurance. They tell you to go get it fixed and send them the bill and they reimburse you...

Prof
05-24-11, 10:14 PM
I would buy an oem wheel, have a new tire put on it. Then send a copy of the invoices to the insurance company and a copy to the insurance commissioner. If they only pay a portion of the cost, ask the insurance commissioner to intercede.

Domsz06
05-24-11, 10:31 PM
I would buy an oem wheel, have a new tire put on it. Then send a copy of the invoices to the insurance company and a copy to the insurance commissioner. If they only pay a portion of the cost, ask the insurance commissioner to intercede.

great idea, but that may or may not work. Some insurance companies don't allow individuals to work or anything on their cars. Just some food for thought.

baabootoo
05-24-11, 11:30 PM
Yeah, that will be the last demand he makes...............with that company!!!!!! :)

Prof
05-25-11, 08:33 AM
The insurance commissioner in his state is the key. Should he be refused coverage, the insurance commissioner would be the lever to be sure that there is no retribution. In the worst case if the insurance company had mechanisms to get the same replacements at a lower cost the claimant might have to suffer the difference...to my way of thinking, a small expense to have the problem solved and relegated to administrative decision making.

jonvontg1
05-26-11, 11:13 PM
I can now put this problem to rest. The insurance co. popped for a new OEM wheel ($740+) installation & balance. I paid $125 for an alignment.
Turns out there are no V polished wheels available in the after-market. My dealer, MotorWerks of Barrington did a good job of expediting the issue.
Thank you for all your input.

thebigjimsho
05-27-11, 12:48 PM
Which Barrington?