Cadillac Owners Forum banner

10 inch pulley kit installed

5K views 39 replies 16 participants last post by  Domsz06 
#1 ·
I just had my 10 inch W4ME pulley kit installed, W4ME CAI, Hennessy heat exchanger and 160deg thermostat. Temperature was 93deg during tuning with IAT at 104deg.
Numbers on a Mustang Dyno are:
Stock 452WHP 468WTQ
Tuned 527WHP 579WTQ at 14.2PSI max boost

I was hoping for a bit more then 75WHP but the torque is just so much. I do not know how do you guys keep all those monsters with 600+ WHP/TQ on the road. It is so easy to spin the tires and i have to re learn to drive the car at WOT. My tuner also change the gear changes at WOT to be more crisp. Car drives like stock under normal driving. My installer managed to install the kit without the bracket for the idler pulley but i will go back to get the bracket installed as well. I am just wondering if my reliability will be affected without the bracket or my numbers at the wheels. Very excited even with this numbers.

#2 ·
I am doing the same mods but with d3 intake and heat exchanger, 10" pulley, 160 stat, full kooks and corsa, injectors, fuel pump, lid spacer, amd extras like plugs and wires! Maybe porting the blower and snout also later on.

#5 ·
Shade- thanks for the knowledge. I will be trying it out for a while if i see that its not working out then i will either keep on the airraid or maybe go with a new era. What do you think i should do?

#8 ·
Numbers are on the same dyno and what i meant is that for me the torque is so much more now then before so it is even easier to spin the wheels. What can i do to bump the HP and lower the torque ?:)) Our cars i think will benefit from more HP as the torque is already there :)

#11 ·
Ours with that green filter flow more cfm and produce more horsepower than the new era, Im making new tubes right now that make my kit one complete piece so people wont mess up on the adjustable mass air meter section that i was doing before.. I left it adjustable for people so they could fine tune the wot flow, but everyone just set it to one spot and tuned around it, so im just going to make it all one smooth flowing piece. Even though the kit cost went up, im still going to sell them for $350 for the complete kit including the expensive Long green filter. it is huge.

Also, You definatly want to get that bracket put on there and the pulleys moved away from the ring, that could be the cause for the lack of power. That or the tune.. who knows....

#22 ·
RPM/60 = revs per second
1/(revs per second)*2*1000 = msec per 2 revs
duty cycle = pulse width/msec per 2 revs

Using your data: 5675 rpm / 60 = 94.58 revs per second
(1/94.58)*2*1000= 21.14 msec per 2 revs (crank had to spin twice for 1 cycle)
duty cycle = 21.439 (I picked bank one) / 21.14 = 101%

Are you using stock injectors?

#26 ·
When your DA calms you will be out of fuel.

I can imagine that being in Florida humidity was relatively high and with 93* ambient DA was well above sea level.

I would error on the side of caution. Buy some quality injectors and you will never worry about fuel again especially if this is just round 1 of your mods.

My $.02

#24 ·
Extra headroom on the injectors could be a good idea. However, if the maf is still scaling properly, you'll find the a/f ratio will still be decent. When the calc leaves a 20% deficit, then we need to talk.

#25 ·
Just have your tuner email me or call and i will tell him how to up the fuel pressure to give you more headroom on the injectors.

#30 ·
Assuming you were at or close to sea level and a 29.98 baro readng you DA would be 2500' this means your car is reacting to atmosphere like it would at 2500 ft elevation. You need injectors it is not worth the risk. When you approach or pass 100% you lose control over fueling and end up baking the error into your MAF transfer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.