: Water pump wrench

MightyBright1
10-12-04, 05:39 PM
Where can I get the wrench to remove the water pump from a 98 seville.

sts96
10-12-04, 06:04 PM
most auto parts have them in stock or can overnight order one for you. You are wise to get one before trying.
lol sts96

MightyBright1
10-12-04, 06:34 PM
I am not Wise..... Called a tool company listed on Caddyinfo and they wanted $160. So I went to ebay just minutes ago and found a new one for $37 buy now. So I bought now. I did try every auto store and nobody had one or even knew what it was for that matter.

Ranger
10-12-04, 09:46 PM
There are two different types. Lysle (sp?) make a cheap one (stamped steel) that can be had from most tool catalogues for $15 - $25. Snap-on makes a good machined one for $75. Here is one I made for $4.
http://www.geocities.com/grandolfo/

mcowden
10-13-04, 03:09 PM
Nice work on that water pump tool, Ranger! :thumbsup:

mastertech
10-15-04, 05:17 PM
THAT is sweet! It looks better than the K*nt- Moore one we use.... Nice job!

peteski
10-18-04, 04:37 AM
Here is one I made for $4.
http://www.geocities.com/grandolfo/

Good job! But you're selling yourself short. I'm sure it took you few hours to machine and weld.

So, add at least 100 bucks for labor (or more).
:D

Now, you have very nice, custom made $104 wrench.

:thumbsup:

Peteski

Ranger
10-18-04, 12:34 PM
Yeah, it definately took a "few" hours since I am not a "machinist" but it was a fun project and I always get a great sense of satisfaction out of a project like this. The added benefit is now that I took the time to make it I am sure the water pump will last forever. Thank for the compliments.

peteski
10-19-04, 02:28 AM
You're welcome!

Not bad for a non-machinist. Looks like you did some fairly complex machining operations on it. And, you had to sit down and figure out all the dimensions, angles, etc. You get an attaboy from me!
:)

Peteski

BeelzeBob
10-19-04, 05:02 PM
And the best part is that you never have had to actually USE IT.....LOL LOL

That is why I keep so many tools hanging on the wall....I know if I have them I will never need them.

dkozloski
10-19-04, 06:59 PM
The problem with that scenario is that it doesn't innoculate you from not being able to remember who you loaned it to the day you do need it.

peteski
10-20-04, 02:11 AM
The problem with that scenario is that it doesn't innoculate you from not being able to remember who you loaned it to the day you do need it.

AHHH! Now, I remember... It was YOU who borrowed my left-handed throttle cable stretcher!

I need it back!

:tisk:
Peteski
:D