MixtasCTSV
05-21-11, 10:43 PM
i'm new to the forum

hoping someone could advise re race prep for '11 ctsv sedan

1st track buttonwillow

thanks

thebigjimsho
05-21-11, 10:58 PM
fill your tank. fill your tires. change your fluids. have some fun.

baabootoo
05-21-11, 11:39 PM
There's more info here too. The new search works much better than the old one also.

darvish
05-22-11, 09:01 AM
I would suggest a pop up sun shield. Maybe some rolls of 3M blue paint masking tape for areas that might get chipped if you worry about that kind of stuff. I think a torque wrench should be part of your basic package.

MixtasCTSV
05-23-11, 02:57 PM
thanks for the suggestions....definitely a lot of simple stuff i would have forgot!

i'm planning on getting some track tires, but for now will be running the michellin's, which should be good for a while (i'm guessing).....have you heard of anyone having trouble w/ the michellin's?

Dr. Design
05-23-11, 05:04 PM
Hello,
Welcome. When is your first event? We will often hit local events and provide race/tech support for our customers. I am sure we will have a few cars at Buttonwillow.

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

i'm new to the forum

hoping someone could advise re race prep for '11 ctsv sedan

1st track buttonwillow

thanks

wait4me
05-23-11, 08:15 PM
Definatly bring some green painters tape and do the whole front of your car, and do the sides by the rear doors.

Also get some sticky hoosier road coarse tires, change your diff fluid to synthetic with some of the gm additive and you are good to go. :)

thebigjimsho
05-23-11, 11:22 PM
thanks for the suggestions....definitely a lot of simple stuff i would have forgot!

i'm planning on getting some track tires, but for now will be running the michellin's, which should be good for a while (i'm guessing).....have you heard of anyone having trouble w/ the michellin's?
The fronts can scrub off their outside tread blocks quickly. Bump up the tire pressures...