: Good news everybody!

Ryansmagic
05-21-11, 10:02 PM
Good news. I just picked up a Braugham D' Elegance.
Bad
It has no title.
It needs front and rear bumpers.
Unknown if the engine runs.
Good
It is a late 1991, so was titled as a 92.
I do know the engine is a Chevy 350.
The car has NOT been driven/moved since 2004.

NOW the hard part. I know how rare these things are. Should I part the car out or try to sell it as is for someone to restore.
Pics http://imgur.com/a/uulv3

sven914
05-21-11, 10:09 PM
I don't know if it was your intention, but I just read your entire post in the voice of Processor Farnsworth.

Ryansmagic
05-21-11, 10:17 PM
That is awesome and was the goal. Pics are up http://imgur.com/a/uulv3

sven914
05-21-11, 10:40 PM
Do you know if it has the towing package? Check the RPO label (on the user-side of the trunk lid) for the code V92.

From the pictures it's hard to tell what condition it is in. The car is missing some emblems and has some obvious rust. If it was sitting on grass, then the undercarriage is probably rotted out.

In perfect condition these cars only bring about $3000 so you would get $1000, maybe, if you sell it. The car not having a title will also force the price down. The engine and interior are worth money and it looks like there are still a lot of good body pieces. You can part it out on this forum through the "Official Parts wanted/for sale" thread, which is at the top of thread list. If you do part it out, I might be interested in the rear quarter panel scripts (please post pictures of them when you can).

RocketFast321
05-22-11, 04:21 AM
real nice

Ryansmagic
05-22-11, 05:08 AM
I'll check the towing when I get home, but this is exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks Sven914. I'll take a ton more pics and part it out then. There is rust on the undercarriage, no holes but if in mint condition they are only 3k, you'd spend more on body work then this car would be worth.

brougham
05-22-11, 01:59 PM
With a 350 and D'Elegance it can go for double that in good condition as long as the miles aren't super high. Unless you can get the proper title for it it's not worth it. Forget about it being a late 91 the year goes by what the vin says.

Ryansmagic
05-22-11, 02:53 PM
I've dug a little bit in the car now. I'm thinking this one is better off at the bone yard. The rear half is rusted fairly bad and there are a few holes in the frame. In about 10 minutes i"ll be making a part out thread for the car, so keep your eyes open if you need anything