: Benefit of Escalade over Denali??

Ormond
10-12-04, 05:07 PM
What is the benefit of the Caddy besides the extra year of warranty and rear parking sensor? Which has better resale?

T_Dogg8
10-12-04, 05:20 PM
caddy is quieter, more powerful, more style, smoother ride.

my cousin has a denali and i have an EXT. he loved my escalade and wished he had gotten that instead.

skaha
10-12-04, 05:24 PM
I had an 01 Denali before my 03 escalade and in addition to the warrantee these are things I noticed......

1. more power, it is noticable
2. smoother gearing / transmission. especially 1st/2nd
3. the front end/grill look alot better on the caddy
4. you are not getting "2nd best"
5. HID headlights are waaaaay better than regular.
6. No charge oil change / maintenance while under warrantee

Rolex
10-12-04, 06:10 PM
What is the benefit of the Caddy besides the extra year of warranty and rear parking sensor?

I hate that you even have to ask. I'll wager you haven't driven both vehicles back-to-back? Here are a couple of old threads addressing this very question:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20871&highlight=denali+escalade

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17917&highlight=denali+escalade

suckit
10-12-04, 08:21 PM
I had an 01 Denali before my 03 escalade and in addition to the warrantee these are things I noticed......

1. more power, it is noticable
2. smoother gearing / transmission. especially 1st/2nd
3. the front end/grill look alot better on the caddy
4. you are not getting "2nd best"
5. HID headlights are waaaaay better than regular.
6. No charge oil change / maintenance while under warrantee

I recently purchased an 02 Lade. My local Cadillac dealer sent me a letter stating I was up for an oil & filter service. I called them and they informed that it would cost about 70 bucks for the service which included a FREE 27 point inspection. My vehicle is still under warranty. So I'm a bit confused, are my oil changes supposed to be for free while under warranty???

onbagz2002
10-12-04, 08:45 PM
I pay for mine to :hmm:

Rolex
10-12-04, 08:51 PM
I recently purchased an 02 Lade. My local Cadillac dealer sent me a letter stating I was up for an oil & filter service. I called them and they informed that it would cost about 70 bucks for the service which included a FREE 27 point inspection. My vehicle is still under warranty. So I'm a bit confused, are my oil changes supposed to be for free while under warranty???

Some dealers offer free oil changes for the life of the vehicle either as a sales gimmick to the public, or sometimes on the low to their better customers. It's doesn't cost them much money and it keeps their customers coming back. To my knowledge, free oil changes don't come with every Cadillac unless you negociate it during the sale, or they freely give it to you.

crusher
10-12-04, 09:16 PM
No free oil change from my dealer. It is definatly not a Cadillac benifit. Maybe some dealers offer it but mine did not.

skaha
10-12-04, 11:00 PM
I thought it was the same for US and Canada, must be only Canada. Too bad cause it is pretty cool to pay nothing for 4 years...here is the info from the gmcanada website (the last point refers to the free maintenance part)..........................

Cadillac Owner Privilege™
The following programs are in effect for the first 4 years or 80,000 km* of ownership.

- Complete vehicle warranty repairs including parts and labour

- The Cadillac Warranty covers all parts and labour costs that may be incurred to correct defects in materials or workmanship.

- Cadillac Roadside Service provides on site service for towing, battery jump start, lock out assistance, fuel delivery, and flat tire change in the United States and Canada.

- Trip interruption protection may allow you to be reimbursed by General Motors of Canada for transportation and/or accommodation expenses incurred should your trip be interrupted due to a warranty failure.
Courtesy Transportation is offered to you when warranty repairs are performed.

- The Cadillac No Charge Scheduled Maintenance service, a GM Canada marketing program, is available at no charge. Courtesy Transportation is also provided during these maintenance visits.

OCESCALADE
10-12-04, 11:02 PM
I had a choice of buying from Neighbors Cadillac in Costa Mesa which does offer the free oil changes every 3K or Allen Cadillac in Laguna Niguel. I went with Allen because i saved 3000 of the price and it is closer to where i live. 3k is a lot of oil changes in my book. On the subject, I just drove to San Francisco a couple weeks back and did not have any aches or pains driving so long. I did not feel that tired after driving 7 hours either way. I doubt you will have that experience in a Denali. :) :) :)

Rolex
10-13-04, 05:52 PM
3k is a lot of oil changes in my book.

I agree with you. Roughly doing the math: if you change oil every 3000 miles that's 4 times a year on average. At approximately $50 a visit, that would be $200 a year. $3000 would buy you 15 years of oil changes at that rate. :bonkers: You made the right choice my friend! :thumbsup:

RERM
10-13-04, 06:36 PM
Well, I've driven both. Yes, the engine in the Escalade is slightly more powerfull. Both are luxurious inside, but in my opinion the Denali has the exterior looks, down!!!

I almost bought a black one before getting my STS, the Cadillac Escalade, in my opinion, is just not as good looking. :hide:

Spittin Game
10-13-04, 07:15 PM
Well, I've driven both. Yes, the engine in the Escalade is slightly more powerfull. Both are luxurious inside, but in my opinion the Denali has the exterior looks, down!!!

I almost bought a black one before getting my STS, the Cadillac Escalade, in my opinion, is just not as good looking. :hide:

everyone has there own opinions on looks, but this is the first I heard someone like the denali better than the lade based on looks.

Rolex
10-13-04, 11:48 PM
everyone has there own opinions on looks, but this is the first I heard someone like the denali better than the lade based on looks.

:yeah:

T_Dogg8
10-14-04, 08:31 AM
exactly. i don't like the looks of the denali, because it looks too much like the suburban, and really doesn't look that much different than older generations. it is different, but to the average person and a quick glance, you can't tell the difference. but you always know when you see an escalade.

DoubleX
10-14-04, 10:01 AM
:yeah:

there's no mistaking an escalade for something else!

bankboy
10-14-04, 10:19 AM
I had a Denali for a 24 hour test drive before I bought my Escalade. While I love the grill of the Denali, the Lade is better in almost every way. I thought the Autoride system was a joke. The Caddy feels way more secure in corners; I really thought I was going to tip the Denali. Not a big fan of the dark cherry wood either.
Quietness, comfort, ride, power and more of a feeling of luxury in the Caddy. Plus, like skaha said, you're not driving 2nd best. For that kind of money I think that has some weight. In Jersey, I see 15 Denails a day, whereas Escalades are a little more scarce.