: Glossy Window Borders.....

brooklynallstar
05-21-11, 04:28 PM
Quick question. Pertaing to the shiny border aound the windows that look like it was painted with a clear coat. I recently noticed my gloosy border is starting to peel and has dull looking spotsl. Can the window border be redone at an auto hobby shop or somewhere?! If so how much does it usually run? Thanks in advance for any assistance.............

-Ron

MrHolland
05-21-11, 08:05 PM
I had one replaced under warranty if you still have a warranty

ATyson
05-22-11, 05:05 PM
yes ask dealership to replace if you are still under warranty. I literally just got mine back and had both passenger side borders replaced.

bstiffmanofsteel
05-22-11, 09:23 PM
I'm out of warranty. They offered to split the cost with me at my nearest dealer, thanks to Jeff at Cadillac Customer Service

TexFinn
05-22-11, 09:55 PM
I'm out of warranty. They offered to split the cost with me at my nearest dealer, thanks to Jeff at Cadillac Customer Service

Just out of curiosity, did you talk about the price?

FERN9230
05-23-11, 12:26 AM
I have the same issues, What was the cost?
Thanks

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-24-11, 01:10 PM
Glad to see we were able to help you bstiffmanofsteel. Anyone else with issue I can setup a case for you with our Customer Assistance team to see what we can do for you. Just send me your name, address and phone number and I'll get you all setup. Hopefully this helps you.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

brooklynallstar
05-26-11, 09:51 PM
I on a business trip. Disney World with family, lol. As soon as I get back to Alexandria, VA (tomorrow) I will ask the dealer the cost. I can only imagine if they charged me over $100 to replace the front passenger marker light what it is going to cost....................

brooklynallstar
05-26-11, 09:52 PM
Jeff,
I am interested in how much would it cost?! :confused: How do I email you with the info you are requesting?

-Ron

bstiffmanofsteel
05-26-11, 10:08 PM
Just out of curiosity, did you talk about the price?

It was $350 for both the drivers side. That was my half...

99embrey
05-26-11, 11:05 PM
Subscribing. Same problem with my 07. Also having trouble with the chrome body molding bubbling.

Mha
05-27-11, 12:17 AM
At that much money it would be better off goin to a.bodyshop and getting it re painted and clear coated right. Just think its not just yours thats defective it everyones escalade so you can bet its just going to peel again in 3 to 4 years. I was lucky that mine was covered under bumper2bumper but in time it will peel again.

brooklynallstar
06-02-11, 08:46 PM
Good point. I am going to ask the local reapir shop...............

fivepix
06-03-11, 08:38 AM
At that much money it would be better off goin to a.bodyshop and getting it re painted and clear coated right. Just think its not just yours thats defective it everyones escalade so you can bet its just going to peel again in 3 to 4 years. I was lucky that mine was covered under bumper2bumper but in time it will peel again.

I have an appointment next week to fix the issue, instead of replacing the part the body shop will refinish the pieces. work is covered under warranty :cool2:

brooklynallstar
06-02-13, 11:25 AM
Some dealera my replace it on "Good Faith." Meaning, if you are a loyal customer it will be replaced - no charge.

Royalton
06-02-13, 02:09 PM
I got mine done for $50 per window at a small body shop. Which was a very good deal. The average cost for this should be $250-$300 The dealer may give you 50% off but their price to do it is prob $800 so

This is a MANUFACTURE DEFECT from GM. Every Cadillac has this or will at some point. But of course they refuse to knowledge it. Get it fixed on your own so you don't have to be in the same spot again in a years time.