: Steering wheel rattle occasionally... any ideas?

FranchiseSTS
05-21-11, 03:55 PM
I've had my 08 STS for a couple months but yesterday, my car was parked on the street. When I started the car and turned the wheel to the left, it sounded like something was rattling around inside the wheel. I went to try and make it do this again and it didn't make the same sound. This morning it did the same thing, and then I went in a parking lot and was able to make the sound happen again.

The strange thing is that my heated steering wheel button has not worked since I brought it home. But now, for whatever reason it works again.

Any ideas of what could be lose inside my wheel, and is it easy to open and get inside on my own, or with the airbag and all should I not try it on my own.

Its not the biggest issue in the world and I can deal with it for a while, but over time if it gets more obvious, I'll have to take it in. This is unless its something I can check out?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ludacrisvp
05-21-11, 03:59 PM
Well on the 2000 to 2005 deville with heated wheel there was a separate plug and cable under the airbag that powers the heated wheel. It's possible that it wasn't fully connected and secured to the wheel. So that may be what you hear moving around.

Sent from my unlocked jailbroken iPhone 4 iOS 4.2.1

EChas3
05-21-11, 08:17 PM
It is also thermostatically controlled. Some members get fooled by trying it when the car is too warm.