: Where did you put your lockpick?

48Dodge
05-21-11, 09:26 AM
I just installed my gmx550 last night and was wondering the best place is to put the module. I tried getting enough slack to put it under the cupholders somewhere put couldn't quite get it. I ended up sliding it in the air vent slot and dropping it down to the right of the head unit for now. I'd like it to be under the cupholders just for ease of access. Any suggestions?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

PreachRR
05-21-11, 11:18 AM
I ran it to the glove box so I can get to it if necessary..

ESCALADE132
05-21-11, 04:06 PM
How did you get the harness and wires to fit I had a hard time getting the radio back in. Also when I play my iPod it doesn't show the song title or artist or anything I was just able to control it on my iPod not on the radio. It's supposed to show a picture of the artist right? Is there something you have to set the iPod to or do you change the dip switches or do you leave them all turned on? I was able to get the video on the front screen like a movie but when I put on music the screen says service rear camera or something. Any help would be great

PreachRR
05-21-11, 11:45 PM
Not too sure if you have the video working then the play lists should work. Did you press the up seek button the will access the audio down is for video. Hope that helps. It always has that service rear vision thing on mine even while watching the movie buy it is on the very top and does not effect viewing.

48Dodge
05-21-11, 11:48 PM
It took me about 10 times pushing the wiring around and pushing the radio in. I still had to push it in a little more than I wanted to. I don't have any apple products anymore so can't help you with the iPod controls

PreachRR
05-22-11, 10:07 AM
Yea there is a space behind the radio where you could route the wires and that is what I did. It is a rectangular hole.

48Dodge
05-22-11, 09:49 PM
Yeah I fed as much as I could through the hole and the shorter stuff I pushed down below the connections on the head unit and made it work

steve841
05-26-11, 11:08 AM
If anyone is in the market for a Gen 6 Lockpick ... send me a PM.

cangolf
05-26-11, 11:17 AM
newbie with PM still disallowed, please send me a PM and we can discuss, cheers

cangolf
05-27-11, 07:57 AM
evidently can't reply to PM as well, not ignoring the PM, just trying to figure a way around the restriction, thanks

steve841
05-27-11, 08:20 AM
Man ... I PM'd you .. I've been here since 2009 ... Newb status is moot.

I'm thinking you've got issues and I don't want your money!

cangolf
05-27-11, 10:30 AM
up to you, you may want to check out the rules and regs, you will see there are restrictions on new members. Good luck on selling it to someone else, cheers

stikystikyricky
05-27-11, 12:54 PM
If anyone is in the market for a Gen 6 Lockpick ... send me a PM.

I apologize in advance for my ignorance, I just got an 07 escalade last week. I was going to order a lockpick off of ebay. What is the difference between a generation 6 lock pick and other ones?