: Bluetooth Static in 2010 Escalade

ELUSIVE
05-21-11, 12:35 AM
Just starting today every phone call that I make or receive with either my paired bluetooth phone or through Onstar are filled with lots of static. It starts instantly after holding the mute button down for a few seconds to initiate a call.

Could something in my car be interfering with it? I've removed all electrical devices and it still seems to be happening.

Any suggestions?

2007caddy
05-21-11, 05:03 PM
Trying pairing with another device, if it continues then it's either VCIM antenna connection to the VCIM, a prohibiting placement of the antenna (which I'd doubt since it is OEM/stock), the antenna itself or the VCIM, this would be a warranty issue...if you are outside of your warranty try replacing the antenna...their around $50 on eBay...

ELUSIVE
06-01-11, 06:36 PM
Do you think it could be caused at all by my GMX550 Lockpick?
I'm not sure if it's a pairing thing as the static happens even when my bluetooth is turned off on my iphone and I try to initiate a call through Onstar.
Seems very intermittent. Some days static...other days nothing.

Fadi
06-01-11, 11:57 PM
Did you recently get your windows tinted? Some metalized films could cause interference. If so, go with a ceramic film.

ELUSIVE
06-02-11, 12:59 AM
Windows have been tinted since the car was less than a week old.
This recently just started happening.

2007caddy
06-03-11, 12:23 AM
VCIM or antenna...warranty issue...take it in

ELUSIVE
06-03-11, 01:18 AM
Thanks 2007caddy.
Do you think the fact that i've installed a GMX550 will hurt my chances of getting this fixed under warranty?