: Randy "Macho Man" Savage Dead at 58

Destroyer
05-20-11, 08:28 PM
Macho man is dead. He died here in Clearwater today. I used to see him everywhere. Supermarket, restaurants, etc. Over the last few years not so much. He was one of my favorites back in the day when I actually liked wrestling. Nobody will forget his "Oooohhh yeah" stuff. I wonder if his last words were "Ooooohhhhh Shit!" Anyway, RIP man.

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/Macho-Man-Randy-Savage-dies-in-car-accident-052011

ThumperPup
05-20-11, 08:40 PM
who the heck is he question short not long sotry i get hes a wrestler question but from what time ?

Sevillian273
05-20-11, 08:48 PM
Too many Slim-Jims. RIP.

thebigjimsho
05-20-11, 08:59 PM
Another former client. True story.

Stingroo
05-20-11, 09:09 PM
Macho man is dead. He died here in Clearwater today. I used to see him everywhere. Supermarket, restaurants, etc. Over the last few years not so much. He was one of my favorites back in the day when I actually liked wrestling. Nobody will forget his "Oooohhh yeah" stuff. I wonder if his last words were "Ooooohhhhh Shit!" Anyway, RIP man.

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/Macho-Man-Randy-Savage-dies-in-car-accident-052011

Morbid lulz. RIP. :(

Ranger
05-20-11, 09:15 PM
Never heard of him til today's 5:00 news.

gary88
05-20-11, 10:16 PM
Sad news, I remember watching him. He went to high school here in the suburbs too.

Rolex
05-20-11, 11:03 PM
RIP. He's from the true hay day of the WWF.

Destroyer
05-20-11, 11:30 PM
RIP. He's from the true hay day of the WWF.Yeah I remember those days well. Watching the WWF was fun. I never got back into it.

Destroyer
05-20-11, 11:31 PM
who the heck is he question short not long sotry i get hes a wrestler question but from what time ?Remember the first Spiderman movie? Remember the wrestler the kid fought? That was Macho man. In the 80's and 90's he was up there with Hogan, Ultimate Warrior and the like.

billc83
05-21-11, 09:40 AM
I was never too big into wrestling, but I remember watching as a kid in the late 80s/early 90s when Hulkamania was running amok. When wrestlers all had over the top personas. Sadly will probably be best remembered for being the voice of Slim Jim commercials. Rewatching a few old matches now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXTagE7BtRU

Ranger
05-21-11, 01:00 PM
WWF isn't "wrestling". It's a choreographed stunt show with elaborate costumes. I never could get into it. It is just way too fake for me.

thebigjimsho
05-21-11, 02:46 PM
WWF isn't "wrestling". It's a choreographed stunt show with elaborate costumes. I never could get into it. It is just way too fake for me.
I grew up in that area and ALL of my friends were into it. So, often, I was forced to watch it. I wouldn't have minded watching it for the fun, but I was too surrounded by kids who either were convinced it was real or fooled me into thinking so.

Destroyer
05-21-11, 08:10 PM
WWF isn't "wrestling". It's a choreographed stunt show with elaborate costumes. I never could get into it. It is just way too fake for me.Absolutely right but is it much different from these "reality" shows we have today? Most of us know they aren't real but we watch them for entertainment anyway. Even back in the 80's we knew wrestling was fake but went along with it. :yup: Today, you couldn't pay me to watch an hour show of wrestling. I just can't do it but as a kid it was fun.

EChas3
05-21-11, 09:17 PM
Wrestling is a high school, college & Olymipic competition. There is no professional form of this sport to my knowledge.

Grandad watched 'wrasslin'; a exhibition of grunt & groaners, paid chump change to put on a show consisting of contrived rivalries & plotlines. Mostly harmless fun for the masses. My favorite line: "Win if you can. Lose if you must. But always cheat!" I credit Jesse 'The Body' Ventura.

Ironically, today's 'reality shows' and yesterday's daytime talk shows are not much different.

Caddyshack100
05-22-11, 12:00 PM
The best part of the Macho Man was Miss Elizabeth, a true fox, too bad she died too soon. wrestling in the 80's was hysteria, something like what the prize fighters who beat each other up on tv is like today. Movies like Rocky III with 'Thunderlips' helped the cause along but it was Madison square Garden that brought to a head with the First Wrestlemania. I still shake my head that it became so popular.

Aron9000
05-24-11, 01:32 AM
Pro wrestling might have been more theater than sport, but those guys did take a pounding. Go watch some of Hulk Hogan's reality show, he's got bad knees, bad back, and all kinds of problems from that sport.

RIP Randy Savage.