: Cleaning the inside - what do you recommend?

Kuya
05-20-11, 07:31 PM
Now that I have my beautiful SRX, how do I keep it clean?

The outside is the easy part . . . but I am very very anal about keeping my cars super clean on the inside. I typically have 3 sets of floor mats even. Winter that take the mud, snow and dirt. Summer . . which stay spotless, and "Rainy Day" in the event that I am transporting anyone who I suspect MAY not be as keen on keeping my car as clean . . as I would hope.

What is best to clean the doors, dash, leather etc? Should I use leather cleaner on the seats and upper dash? What about the wood trim ??

I have a leather couch, and when I purchased that at an upscale furniture store, they told me the best thing is to jus use a soft rag with water to clean it. Should that suffice with the leather in the SRX?

What about cracking? Does the leather crack ?

stevec5375
05-20-11, 07:53 PM
Have you tried the search function for this forum? This topic has been discussed a lot on here and the answers are already posted. Thanks and good luck with your new SRX!

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-second-generation-forum-2010/198957-cleaning-products.html

tc2010
05-24-11, 12:01 AM
Hi Kuya
Understand your obsession with the cleanliness...While I also use water as a preliminary cleaner, it does nothing for stains and protection....My research revealed LeatherMasters as a water-based cleaner and protectant (against cracking and staining) and I've experienced excellent results thus far.....Also Zaino 10 used on a few vinyl surfaces leaves a nice leather fragrance......

Folex (Lowe's) is good for carpet stains and cleaning.....Invisible Glass with newspaper should get your glass sparkling...GL

Kuya
05-24-11, 07:26 AM
tc2010 . . thank you soo much!!

Any ideas what I can do to remove/hide small scuffs in the plastic on the door? Just a few teeny marks . . but I want them gone. It is just on the plastic door area . . . where the holder is (for maps and stuff). Nothing major . . I am just a bug about keeping it looking brand new.

Thanks again!

Hi Kuya
Understand your obsession with the cleanliness...While I also use water as a preliminary cleaner, it does nothing for stains and protection....My research revealed LeatherMasters as a water-based cleaner and protectant (against cracking and staining) and I've experienced excellent results thus far.....Also Zaino 10 used on a few vinyl surfaces leaves a nice leather fragrance......

Folex (Lowe's) is good for carpet stains and cleaning.....Invisible Glass with newspaper should get your glass sparkling...GL

tc2010
05-24-11, 10:20 PM
If the panel is cut, afraid I have no suggestions....If , however, you have a scuff.....Try: Lexol Vinylex; Mr. Clean Majic Eraser or maybe even the Folex.....For hoots try Lemon Pledge
GL and with any cleaner, try on a inconspicuous area

Kuya
05-24-11, 10:35 PM
Thanks again for the info . .

I will try Lemon Pledge this weekend, because I already have it on hand . . . . try a small spot and see how it goes. It really is just a little scuffing, so hopefully this will take care of it.

Max405
05-28-11, 11:12 AM
Like you, I like a clean car.
I have a favorite Quick detailer that I use outside after I wash. Its called Poor boys QD+. The great thing about it is you can use it on the whole car. Paintwork, vinyl clading, windows and everything on the interior. It leaves a protective coating on everything, it feels slick and not greasy. I wipe down the entire outside of the car with the same microfiber. Whe I am done with the outside, I use the same damp micrfiber on the inside. Every surface. My SRX and my other car (which is an 07) look brand new and I'll keep doing this until it fails me.
I highly recommend the PoorBoys QD+. I am not at all affiliated with the product other than being a fan of it.

Good Luck, Joe D.