: Rule Reminder: Who offers goods and services here?

The Tony Show
05-20-11, 08:47 AM
There seems to be some confusion regarding who is allowed to sell products or services here on the forum, or make posts with their company name and contact info in them, so allow me to remind everyone.

If you have one item or several small items that you privately own, you may post them for sale in the Classifieds- this is allowed for everyone. Lately though, we've been seeing threads where someone is offering quantities of parts or modding services, then requesting people PayPal them money or posting their info and asking members to call/email them off the forums- this is not allowed.

Those people wishing to conduct the business of selling aftermarket parts, modified stock parts, tunes, mods or anything other than a personal item that you no longer need MUST sign up as a Supporting Vendor. Only those people/companies who sign up with CadillacForums as a Supporting Vendor are allowed to post items or services for sale, contact information on how to reach them to do so, or prices for said goods and services. You can do so by clicking here (http://www.cadillacforums.com/subscribe.html).

Threads in violation of these rules have been temporarily hidden from view until the party or parties involved become a vendor. I apologize for any inconvenience, but the rules apply to everyone. Please keep in mind that these rules also prohibit skirting becoming an Authorized Vendor by using this forum to collect contact data, and then selling your goods through the Private Messaging system or email. This is considered solicitation by an unauthorized party, and will result in your posting privileges being permanently revoked.

Thanks for your understanding.

cbloveday
05-20-11, 09:11 AM
Members, If there are any doubts, check here to check before buying.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/authorized-vendors/

BTW, I saw where Wait4me sig temporarily did not have "authorized vendor". He does now. Did it lapse for a day?
If so, he needs to be included in the list.
I did not see his company in the list just now.

The Tony Show
05-20-11, 09:32 AM
Thanks for posting that link, CB.

Many vendors choose not to use "auto renew" on their accounts, so from time to time there will be a short lapse on their badge before they renew. w4me has been around forever, so I'm sure that's the case here.

wait4me
05-20-11, 09:45 AM
Yeah it ran out the day i was gone. All fixed as soon as i saw it. ;)

As for being in that list, as long as i have been a sponser here, i have never been put into that list/page. I requested it a few times but it never showed up.

The Tony Show
05-20-11, 10:03 AM
I've already sent a message to the site owner when I saw that this morning, Jesse. Should be handled today or tomorrow.

wait4me
05-20-11, 10:18 AM
Thanks Tony!

thebigjimsho
05-20-11, 10:27 AM
Viva la Cadillac Forums!

JimmyH
05-20-11, 01:50 PM
There are several recent vendors who don't have a forum. Sal will need to look into this.