: Does the V have an oil level sensor with warning light?

V fun
05-19-11, 08:39 PM
Does the V have a low oil level warning light or do we still use the old dipstick and rag approach? The owner's manual mentions an oil level sensor "if so equipped". Really helpful. If I knew whether it had a sensor, I wouldn't be looking in the manual! I'll check my oil the old fashoned way anyway, but would be nice to know if there's a "backup" system.

BeagleBrains
05-19-11, 10:28 PM
http://www.cadillac.com/assets/pdf/owners/manuals/manuals_2011/2011_cadillac_cts_owners_manual.pdf
5-36 Instruments and Controls ENGINE OIL LOW ADD OIL
If the vehicle has an oil level sensor, this message displays if the oil level in the vehicle is low. ... .. . .. F. Engine Oil Dipstick. Check oil level regularly.
Vehicle Care 10-11 When to Add Engine Oil If the oil is below the cross-hatched area at the tip of the dipstick, add 1 L (1 qt) of the recommended oil
Depending upon a sensor alarm display means the engine is operated below the specific level. :thepan:
Notice: Lack of proper engine oil maintenance will damage the engine. .. ...

baabootoo
05-20-11, 12:52 AM
Just let it sit a while and check, and you won't even need a rag.

BeagleBrains
05-20-11, 07:06 PM
Early 1970 I worked in a GM New Car Dealership.
A man and woman drove into the service bay; I think there is somethihg wrong with the oil dip stick. I can't see any evidence of oil!
When raised on a lift, the Oil Pan Drain Plug was removed. Nothing but air.
The low oil sensor option must not be installed on that car!?:rolleyes: