: STS 2008 keyless entry

junedonofrio
05-19-11, 04:28 PM
Hi, my keyless entry doesnt open the door without pushing the unlock button. it used to work just fine, when i walked up to the car with the fob in my pocket i could open the door. it started getting intermitent and then didnt work at all. i changed the battery and everything else works fine just the keyless entry without wont work unless i push the unlock button. i also tried checking the program to set if for keyless doors open, it was already set on that.

i also have 2 key fobs, & both stopped working at about the same time, changed both batteries & both work the same only open the door with pushing unlock button.

any help would be greatly appreciated !

chazglenn3
05-19-11, 06:24 PM
Sounds like the antenna in the door handle may have failed. Does the passenger door open as designed? Search the forum...there are threads about this.

SwissSTS
05-20-11, 05:40 AM
I had the same issue. Changing the door handles solved it.

Giddy
05-20-11, 05:59 AM
I have the same problem in my 2008. My passenger door works fine though, so it probably is the door handle. Try your passenger door. GG

Loren
05-20-11, 08:29 AM
Same here, I've had to have my door handles replaced twice, just check that they repaint the new ones correctly to match.

ddalder
05-20-11, 10:11 AM
This is what occurred with both my front doors. Handle replacements fixed it for me too. In both cases, there is an antenna which is part of the handle assembly that failed.

junedonofrio
05-20-11, 10:42 AM
hello all, yes that is what it must be, as the passenger side door works ! thanks so much for the info !

Greg00coupe
05-20-11, 12:26 PM
Any why is this new entry system better then the OLD push your FOB system and turn a key? This is NOT progress!!!

EChas3
05-20-11, 08:59 PM
Any why is this new entry system better then the OLD push your FOB system and turn a key? This is NOT progress!!!

Mine & my wife's have never given us any trouble. We love it.

We have the convenience of leaving the car unlocked with the key in the ignition; with little risk.

ddalder
05-21-11, 03:10 AM
Well, actually this is progress. Sure there are problems, but this really hasn't been around very long. I'm sure you can recall the early days of fuel injection and front wheel drive. A lot of people probably didn't think that was progress either. Fuel injection and FWD are very reliable now. I'm confident this is where technology is going and like anything else it needs time to grow. Key systems haven't always been flawless and trouble free either.

EChas3
05-21-11, 08:46 PM
Well, actually this is progress. Sure there are problems, but this really hasn't been around very long. I'm sure you can recall the early days of fuel injection and front wheel drive. A lot of people probably didn't think that was progress either. Fuel injection and FWD are very reliable now. I'm confident this is where technology is going and like anything else it needs time to grow. Key systems haven't always been flawless and trouble free either.

Personally, I still don't consider front-wheel drive progress; but I agree with your premise. Progress is all about trying new designs in the real world. Pathfinders always pull arrows out of their backs. That doesn't seem to lead to a shortage of people willing to go along.