: Water leak

RVC
05-19-11, 09:14 AM
So here is my problem. Yesterday it rained really hard on my way home from work. This morning when I got into the way back my carpet was wet and there was water on everything. I looked up and noticed a water spot on the headliner, right where it meets up with the rear lift gate. it is on the passenger side. I can't figure out where it would be coming from. Has anyone else had this problem? Oh yeah, it's a 2007 ESV. Thanks!!

MrHolland
05-20-11, 01:51 AM
If memory serves correctly there is a thread about this in here, probably severval pages back. I looked but didnt find it, Im sure its been posted before. Might check sunroof drains...

Mattah
05-20-11, 02:28 AM
If memory serves correctly there is a thread about this in here, probably severval pages back. I looked but didnt find it, Im sure its been posted before. Might check sunroof drains...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-2007/217678-water-leak.html

Has happend with my Denali and burb

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-21-11, 11:43 AM
RVC, have you been able to resolve the issue or find the route cause of the problem? If you could, please update us if/when you do so. Thank you!

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

brooklynallstar
05-21-11, 05:40 PM
I started that exact same thread a a few weeks ago. The dealer in Northern Virginia said a $2 piece had detoriated and the water was leaking in through that. Unforunetly that can not obtain the piece w/o buying a whole rack that goes into the liftgate. It was called a gormet rack or something. I can get the exact name if needed. I got that and a front bulb replaced cost $700 together. I think just the leak was $500. They did fix it htough. It has rained hard several times since and no more leaks. Also I used a cleaner called 3M I think to remove the stains on the headliner. Worked pretty well