Cadillac Owners Forum banner

ECU TROUBLE! IMPORTANT! How to fix or replace cut wires to ecu?

5K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  ponyboyt 
#1 ·
Hi I was having trouble removing the air box, and stupid me tried to remove the container with the ecu in it, in my 98 cadillac deville, unfortunately I tried cutting the wire harness while doing so think in was a hose for air or something, So i cut about 11 wires in doing so. The car started making noises right after i cut the wires. my question is what do i do to fix this? I cant see where the wires are going to and if i remove the ecu what will happen? and how do i get new wires?

#3 ·
Your car has a PCM - Powertrain Control Module - which is the primary control "computer" for the engine, suspension, and transmission as well as about 9 skrillion other functions. The FWD ECU's (Engine Control Unit) went away in 1995/6 I believe.

As posted, replace the entire harness - no fun, but your only satisfactory solution. Junkyard time.

#4 ·
I have a 97 Deville coming apart next week. Harness should be the same unless you have a different number of O2 sensors. The only other harnesses i have right now are for sevilles (all STS). Not sure if they are the same or not, but i have anything from 95-2001.

Let me know if you need one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.